SoCal F3J Challenge - Southern California - 2017 - Nov 4 - 5 - RC Groups
Sep 30, 2017, 04:07 PM
RIP MC
Discussion

SoCal F3J Challenge - Southern California - 2017 - Nov 4 - 5

SoCal F3J Challenge - Southern California - 2017 - Nov 4 - 5.

Once again, thanks to the http://www.riversidercclub.org and in conjunction with the Inland Soaring Society (ISS), we are excited to announce...

The 2017 SoCal F3J Challenge.

When: November 4-5, 2017

Where: Perris Field - Perris, CA - 3346'50.6"N 11711'49.7"W

Being on the 1st weekend of Nov with time change on Sunday, we have an extra hour on Sat to play with.

Registration is open.

Visit the F3Xevents home page.

Please familiarize yourself with the rules.

For both days, 5-minute prep times to begin at 8:00AM with 1st flight at 8:05. The 5-min prep time consists of a 1 minute silence after the previous round plus a 4 minute prep.

We are aiming for 10-12 prelim (10min) rounds.

3-4 prelims on Sunday ending around 11:00AM with 4-5 rounds of (15min) finals to begin ~30 minutes after.

We should be able to break for 1/2hr lunch on both days, around noon on Sat and 11 on Sunday and finish flying by 1-2pm-ish on Sunday .

I'm planning to run the timing files on a continuous loop.

Registration will close on Oct 27. 45 pilots Max.

Closest lodging is at the Red Lion Inn & Suites
480 S Redlands Ave, Perris, CA 92570
(951) 943-5577

Field to be set up and marked by 2pm Friday for winch setup and practice.

Ok to have E-Z up behind safety corridor.

Ok to leave equipment out overnight.

Ok to dry camp.

$85 entry.

I'm working on Subway and Popeye's lunch delivered to our field for Sat and Sun for extra $10 total/person for convenience. Please chime in if you would be interested in this.
I might be able to get RedBull girls out again this year if we get enough participants .

Visit this thread for info on previous contest.

Please post here if you have any questions and or intend on taking up the challenge

See you at the field!
Tuan
Last edited by fnnwizard; Nov 01, 2017 at 10:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 30, 2017, 04:21 PM
RIP MC
Randomized Lane Assignments:
Lane 1 - Team 2 - Rat Finks
Lane 2 - Team 4 - Payday
Lane 3 - Team 3 - I Soar
Lane 4 - Team 1 - SLO
Last edited by fnnwizard; Nov 02, 2017 at 11:32 AM.
Oct 05, 2017, 01:50 AM
Fly R/C writer
What? You say you didn't get enough flying F3J at the Team select event? Well we have a solution, called F3J in SoCal, coming your way November 4 & 5, 2017. Yeah it also counts towards the annual Championship award for U.S. F3J. Getting cold in some parts of the country already, so migrate to the warmer weather in Perris, CA.

Mike Lee
Oct 09, 2017, 12:03 PM
Central Cal team is forming. We are aging gracefully here but when are competing with 50 year olds we are relentless. See you all there
Rick
Oct 10, 2017, 06:55 PM
Awesome news and I will be in socal over that weekend. I just hope Mario and Steve will let me be on there team again.

Chip
Oct 17, 2017, 11:45 PM
RIP MC
Where is everyone at?? C'mon, who's gonna claim the Champs cup??
Let's get the entries in, we fly this year no matter what!
Oct 18, 2017, 02:23 PM
California pilots if you enjoy F3J competion and want to continue having contests here in California you need to come out and enter. The F3J Tour board is talking about down sizing the number of competitions and California isn't showing great contest attendance so we may be cut.
Rick
Oct 19, 2017, 03:34 PM
Yes really disappointing especially since we know how many TD guys there are in So Cal.
Oct 23, 2017, 10:54 PM

So Cal F3J Challenge

Guys

Seems a little presumptious to open registration for a contest one month before the contest date and then be disapointed that turnout doesn't meet your expectations. Maybe a little time for planning?

Dave
Oct 23, 2017, 11:51 PM
RIP MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmurph
Guys

Seems a little presumptuous to open registration for a contest one month before the contest date and then be disapointed that turnout doesn't meet your expectations. Maybe a little time for planning?

Dave
Those who follow F3J would have known that the date has been set for almost a year now on F3Xevents.com.

Typically, registration is open about 1 month prior. Maybe you mean I should have made the announcement sooner on RCG? I don't think it would matter though, but I should ask...

If this event would have been announced 3 months ago, who would be attending? Would you be able to Dave ?
Oct 25, 2017, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmurph
Guys

Seems a little presumptious to open registration for a contest one month before the contest date and then be disapointed that turnout doesn't meet your expectations. Maybe a little time for planning?

Dave
Dave, round up Bob, Dale and Brendon and come on down. We need to keep the rust chipped off of Bob for the Worlds next year.
Rick
Oct 27, 2017, 09:33 AM
I think John Armstrong, Stephan Hess and Steve Stanton as a team would be formitable.
Be sure and bring big winch and turn around stakes the ground there is soft.
Rick

Edit: This contest is an official F3J tour event with 16 registered pilots. There's room for more. Camping on field is OK. The San Luis Obispo Squadron had a practice session today and is ready for a good time.
See you there.
Rick
Last edited by Rickj.1151; Oct 28, 2017 at 05:31 PM.
Oct 31, 2017, 02:27 PM
RIP MC
Last call for anyone on the fence. We could use a couple more pilots!
Registration will be close by 5pm PT tomorrow, Wednesday.

I'll be out on the field by noon on Friday.
Hopefully it doesn't rain over the weekend there .
Oct 31, 2017, 04:18 PM
I'm signing up Tuan. Not sure what I'm doing for a team.
Oct 31, 2017, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnnwizard
Hopefully it doesn't rain over the weekend there .
Saturday forecast looks good. Sunday is iffy.

If Sunday is rained out do we still get tour points?

What if the rain forecast scares some people away and we drop below 16 before the event starts, do we still get tour points?