This thread is privately moderated by CloudSniffer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 30, 2017, 12:18 PM
Sonoran Laser Art
Thread OP
Discussion

Yellow Jacket 2M Competition

I am extremely pleased with how the Yellow Jacket 2M turned out. It exceeded my expectations for ease of build, fit, strength, and especially flight performance. Production is underway and I can do about 20 kits a month. I am finding that carbon fiber has become very popular lately, suppliers are stating the demand has increased quite a bit over last year. When they run out that appears to be the primary bottleneck right now. I am trying to get ahead of the curve by ordering larger quantities and looking at other suppliers.

My electric version weighs 18.8 oz with the specified components. I am able to balance it with no added weight.

The Line Launch weighs 15.8 oz and that is with 1/2 oz added to the nose. I am looking for ways to eliminate the nose weight.

The complete kit is $189.00 plus shipping using USPS Priority Mail 2-3 day US shipments.

Full size plans are provided for the wing and a scaled down plan sheet is provided for the fuse. Instructions are included on the plan sheets. Should you order a kit I can email a full size fuse sheet that may be easier to read if you eyes arent to good.

Orders can be placed by emailing [email protected].

You will not be asked to pay until its ready to ship and at that point you will receive an email with a invoice and link to pay by CC or you can send via PayPal to my email address. Should your club desire to do a group build and order multiple kits please email me what your thinking and I will work with you on a discount. Additional saving can be achieved by shipping more than one kit in the same box.

The plane was designed by me using Dr Drela AG35-38 airfoils blended through the panels. The build up stabilizer uses the HT12 airfoil and comes with templates for shaping the stabilizer LE. The 3 piece wing is standard using carbon rods for strength and weight. If you supply your preferred name and AMA Number they can be engraved on the top sheeting at no additional charge. I do all my own laser engraving so I am able to do things that are more difficult for those that sub it out. It also makes it possible to tightly control the quality as a lot can happen in this very important phase of kit production. Additionally, I am a Sig Dealer and all the wood possible comes from them specified for the exact parts that are cut. I do get some 3 ply birch plywood from National because Sig does not have what I need.

I am looking forward to seeing how guys will finish and trim their planes. Also, seeing them in air being enjoyed is the ultimate goal. I think you will find that this model is robust enough to last a very long time while achieving the weight and performance goals.
Last edited by CloudSniffer; Oct 01, 2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Added Photos
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2017, 04:21 AM
who has rabbit ears down
Hey Corky! does the (R) in the rib ID's perchance mean revised? I'm ignoring (that) in my layouts' setups!
Latest blog entry: Not much to say

Quick Reply