Randy Cameron - AMA Executive VP Candidate Endorsements - RC Groups

Randy Cameron - AMA Executive VP Candidate Endorsements

The current AMA executive VP supports Randy, read why others stand behind him to help our hobby grow into the future.

Splash

Randy Cameron - AMA Executive VP Candidate Endorsements

This info was taken with permission from Randy's recent email. We as modelers need to do all we can to protect and grow our hobby. The AMA is our first line of defense in Washington DC. This is an election that counts!

Randy Cameron - The Facts

• The only EVP candidate that has walked the halls of Congress in Washington DC to protect model aviation
  • The only EVP candidate with a proven record of working to defeat local and state legislation harmful to our hobby.
  • Introduced to Control Line flying as a youth
  • Flies Control Line, Free Flight, IMAC, 3D, combat, and sport aircraft among other aeromodelling interests
  • Family has 4 generation of flyers
  • Over the past 35 year has held every club officer position in multiple clubs
  • An AMA Leader Member since the 1980s and a contest director
  • Served as the District VI Contest Coordinator for 10 years, as a District VI Associate Vice President
  • Today is the AMA Vice President for AMA District VI
  • Served on, or as chairman of, numerous AMA committees including AMA Special Interest Groups (SIGs), Property Acquisition and Development Committee (PADCOM), and working to improve AMA Club Flying Site Development and Improvement grants.
  • Feels 

AMA members must be protected from harmful legislation and FAA regulation!

Endorsements

Gary Fitch, AMA Executive Vice President - "There is only one person that is actually qualified to be AMA EVP, and he is "RC" Randy Cameron. Randy has worked hard to further our organization and will continue to do so as EVP. That is why he has my vote and I hope yours too!"

Jay Marsh, AMA Vice President, District IV, (District of Columbia, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia) - "Randy has been on Capital Hill advocating for your right to fly. He has a great vision of where the AMA needs to be".

Eric Williams, AMA Vice President, District II, (New Jersey, New York, Europe) - "Randy gets things done and is a real champion for model aviation. He has a proven track-record and my vote!"

Eric Williams, AMA Vice President, District II, (New Jersey, New York, Europe) - "Randy gets things done and is a real champion for model aviation. He has a proven track-record and my vote!"

Jim Tiller, AMA Vice President, District IX, (Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming) - "My vote goes to Randy Cameron. He is one of the most hard working and generous members of the Council."

Vicki Felmlee, TCS Aerial Visuals - FAA Certified Remote Pilot -"After speaking with Randy Cameron, I know that he will listen to all members, take our suggestions, and get answers. The strength of AMA is its members - being open to new ideas and new technologies. With that commitment, we will be able to entice younger members who are thirsty for information about our hobby as well as career opportunities. It is also important to note that local flying fields can be assets to their communities, open for youth activities, and educating our neighbors about our passion for RC flying. Randy gets that - and my vote."

Jim T. Graham - Nashville, TN - "Randy is the real deal. He works to protect modelers in DC, has real experience to excell in the position and is at RC events all over the country supporting our hobby. I'm proud to call him a friend and excited to vote for him to help our hobby grow in the future!"

Read Randy's Campaign Statement

Head over to this link to read Randy's full statement.

Oct 01, 2017, 03:12 PM
AVP, District IV
I have worked with Randy and have voted for Randy.

Rusty Kennedy
AVP, District IV
Oct 03, 2017, 06:30 AM
Thank you Rusty, very much appreciated.

Randy

http://randycameron.com/
Oct 03, 2017, 07:30 AM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
I'd vote for you but have a park pilot membership which doesn't allow voting.

Randy be the Park Pilots voice and give us suffrage.
Oct 03, 2017, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by basicguy
I'd vote for you but have a park pilot membership which doesn't allow voting.

Randy be the Park Pilots voice and give us suffrage.
Iíll see what can be done.

Randy
Oct 04, 2017, 09:12 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcam
Iíll see what can be done.

Randy
Really? You have the power to do that?

Mike
Oct 04, 2017, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663
Really? You have the power to do that?

Mike
Not individually, however, I can add it as an agenda item to an executive council meeting, with some justification for doing it, Then during the meeting, a motion has to be made and seconded. It will then be voted on by the executive council (made up of Eleven District Vice Presidents, the NAA president, the Executive Vice President, the President only votes if there is a tie. If it passes it will be changed.

So there is a process, but it can be done. What are your thoughts, do you think Park Pilot members should have voting rights?
Oct 04, 2017, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Not individually, however, I can add it as an agenda item to an executive council meeting, with some justification for doing it, Then during the meeting, a motion has to be made and seconded. It will then be voted on by the executive council (made up of Eleven District Vice Presidents, the NAA president, the Executive Vice President, the President only votes if there is a tie. If it passes it will be changed.

So there is a process, but it can be done. What are your thoughts, do you think Park Pilot members should have voting rights?
That would be a change to the By-Laws would it not involve a vote from the Leader Members? If a Park Pilot member would like the same voting privileges as a open membership he can just upgrade to a full membership. They choose the PP option over the Full Membership. Do you feel a Free youth member should have the same privileges?

Mike
Last edited by mike2663; Oct 04, 2017 at 09:58 AM.
Oct 10, 2017, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2663
That would be a change to the By-Laws would it not involve a vote from the Leader Members? If a Park Pilot member would like the same voting privileges as a open membership he can just upgrade to a full membership. They choose the PP option over the Full Membership. Do you feel a Free youth member should have the same privileges?

Mike
I don't think youth membership should have the same privileges, just like youth don't vote in state or national elections.

There are only notes in the By-Laws about Park Pilot members not voting, Park Pilot Membership is actually authorized as part of the Standing Rules. Changes made to the Standing Rules do not require Leader Member vote, only Executive Council to approve. I honestly don't know why it was decided that Park Pilot member can't vote, as they are adult members. I can understand not allowing them to compete in AMA/FAI competition. I suppose it could have to do with the cost of sending, and counting ballots for the elections that they felt the lower price of the Park Pilot membership did not cover. I am not sure of the numbers this year, but at the end of 2016 there were only about 1,800 Park Pilot members if I recall correctly.

Randy
Oct 10, 2017, 07:08 AM
Quote:
I don't think youth membership should have the same privileges, just like youth don't vote in state or national elections.

There are only notes in the By-Laws about Park Pilot members not voting, Park Pilot Membership is actually authorized as part of the Standing Rules. Changes made to the Standing Rules do not require Leader Member vote, only Executive Council to approve. I honestly don't know why it was decided that Park Pilot member can't vote, as they are adult members. I can understand not allowing them to compete in AMA/FAI competition. I suppose it could have to do with the cost of sending, and counting ballots for the elections that they felt the lower price of the Park Pilot membership did not cover. I am not sure of the numbers this year, but at the end of 2016 there were only about 1,800 Park Pilot members if I recall correctly.

Randy
IMO it should require a vote of the LM's. if this every becomes a topic of discussion. It's never come up before. As I sated the PP members know what their benefits are and can convert to full membership at anytime they choose. I'm sure you are well aware of paying membership issues ( IE youth membership retention to full membership) the AMA has now and will face in the future. I don't agree with this at all.

Mike
Oct 10, 2017, 08:25 AM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
Hi Randy
Thanks for your response.
My wife and I fly from our own airfield. Since the Kirksville club folded, the next nearest club is about an hour and a half away. Maintaining our own place is a better option.

We have maintained a membership in the AMA mainly to give organized modeling some finances. We get nothing out of the membership otherwise.

If members should be excluded voting then perhaps the membership classification should be dropped. I doubt if 1800 subscribers to the fairly old school magazine is enough to make it pay.

In a very real sense, RCGoups is the AMA's competition. There are probably a million fliers, many very serious, who are potential AMA members.
Dave
Oct 10, 2017, 10:48 AM
Important thing to remember is that rcgroups isn't US specific.

I wouldn't consider rcgroups a competitor to the ama. Since it really has no unified stance on creating it's own organization. Though having more organizations is good. Competition is healthy and when it's done organically - it keeps organizations honest and relevant.

I dont think there's as many potential members in rcgroups.com that you would think there is. Most here that live in the US aren't unaware of the existence of the AMA...and still do not become members and probably never will in it's current incarnation.