ISDT T Series Smart DC BattGO Chargers - Based on T8 Model - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 29, 2017, 12:00 PM

ISDT T Series Smart DC BattGO Chargers - Based on T8 Model

ISDT ( a manufacturer of high quality and innovative charging and battery related products has just released a new battery charger to the market. It's called T8 and it's quite an interesting product in ISDT portfolio. Just like with other ISDT products we get rather unique design, high quality, great attention to details and also ISDT's distinct feature which is their user interface that makes navigating through the menus much easier than on many similar products on the market. What makes the product really unique though is the fact that this is the first charger with BattGo thechnology. Also, this is the most powerful ISDT charger to date and the first one that supports 8S batteries. It also comes with 2.4'' IPS LCD screen which looks fantastic ans makes it so much nicer to use than typical two-line display chargers.

T8 is part of ISDT's T Series smart chargers. The series consists of three most powerful chargers in ISDT portfolio - T8, T6 and T6 Lite. Let's have a quick look at the specification:

All three products share the same dimensions and weight. At 1000W/30A and 8S compatibility T8 is the most powerful. T6 also offers 30A output but since it's only 6S compatible the maximum power output drops to 780W. T6 Lite is also 6S compatible but the max output current drops to 25A which gives it 600W power output. The input current and voltage also varies slightly among the chargers. Maximum discharge capacity is extremely low on all of them at 20W. Balancing current is 1.5A per cell on T6 and T6 Lite and goes up to 2.2A per cell on the T8. All three chargers are BattGO compatible (more about this further down the page) however T6 Lite only offers BattGO output support whereas T6 and T8 offer BattGO on both inputs and outputs. The rest of the specification is exactly the same across the series.

Since all three chargers share the same user interface and apart from the power output are essentially the same products I decided to have one thread for the entire T-Series rather than post individual reviews for each of them. As mentioned already the review in this post in based on the T8 model but navigating through the menus and interactions with the chargers will be exactly the same on all three chargers. The only difference will be lack of BattGO compatibility in the menus on the T6 Lite. Also, T6 and T6 Lite have not been released yet - I will update the thread as soon as I have more information regarding the products.

Packaging and box content

Without further ado let's have a closer look at the most powerful T series charger. First the packaging and box content.

I quite like the simple black box with just the product name on it. That looks quite good and classy. But who cares about the box, right?

Packaging and box content are as minimalistic as pretty much with all ISDT products. The charger only comes with a very basic user manual which is more of a product information card. [EDIT: Apparently I was sent a demo version of the product and that's why there was no user manual included. I was informed by Banggood that the retail version ships with a proper manual /EDIT] That's typical and that shouldn't be a big problem since the operation is rather straightforward and user interface is very intuitive. In case anyone has any questions I am sure this review will be helpful. ISDT started including screen protectors with their products which is nice and can actually be quite useful. There are also some stickers in the box which are a bit less useful but if anyone feels like decorating something with BattGo or ISDT logos that's the ticket.

Size and look

The chargers look like this:

Here you can see the 2.4'' IPS screen and four-way navigation pad with the selection button in the middle. This is also new on ISDT chargers and gone is the dial. The design is very simple and clean.

The build quality is excellent and it's on pair with other ISDT products. The charger is made of plastic but it does not feel cheap. Everything is well put together and there are no gaps nor material flexing when putting pressure. Considering the specification the charger feels very light and compact. The control pad buttons feel quite stiff but work rather well just require a bit pressure. They will probably get a bit softer with time. Initially I didn't like the the pad and thought it wasn't a good move to get rid of a selection dial knob but after using the charger for a few days I got used it and I think navigating through the menus is as quick as on other chargers.

Lets have a closer look at the charger. There is a an XT60 DC power input, firmware update port and a USB charging port. On the right hand side there is an XT60 battery output and the 2S-8S balance port (on the T6 and T6 Lite the balance port supports 2S-6S batteries instead). As mentioned already T8 is the first ISDT charger that supports 8S batteries. Front and back have some vents and there is also a fan visible on the back. The USB port is used for charging other devices only. I am a bit surprised that ISDT stuck with a proprietary frimware upgrade port and didn't move to the USB the same way they did on their other product introduced recently (BG-8S).

There is nothing on the bottom apart from a product sticker.

On T8 and T6 both XT60 ports are compatible with BattGo technology. TheT6 Lite has a standard XT60 input and BattGO compatible XT60 output connector called T60i.

T8 is very compact and lightweight - it weighs just over 300g and measures 12cm x 10cm x 6cm (the thickest part).

I am sure this is obvious but for those who are not familiar with LiPo chargers or are new to the hobby the entire T series consists of DC only chargers which means they cannot be connected to the mains directly and require a source of power - either a power supply or a battery. Due to the small size and weight combined with rather high power output the T series would make a great field charger.

User interface, menus and basic operation

Lets have a look at arguably the other best aspect of ISDT chargers (the other one being built quality) which is the user interface. Initially I wanted to skip this part for two reasons. Mainly because traditionally all ISDT chargers used to have the same looking menus so you could just refer to my other reviews to see how to navigate throught them. The other reason is the fact that using the charger is so straightforward that the basic operation can be mastered after spending a few minutes with the charger and doesn't even require a user manual for that. However, ISDT T series feature slightly modified user interface. The difference is not massive but the menus and screens look a bit different compared to other chargers with the information presented slightly differently. Also, I feel this section may help those interested and new to ISDT products to get familiar with the user interface.

The centre of the chargers is the 2.4'' colour display which looks great and is an absolute pleasure to use. It actually looks nicer in real life than in the pictures. Believe me, once you try it you won't go back to your old charger.

The four-way navigation pad is used to move through the menus and pressing the middle button selects an item. There are two additional buttons here - BACK on the left and START/STOP on the right. That actually makes navigating a bit easier as it's possible to perform certain tasks just by pressing a button rather than going to the corresponding menu item.

The long press on the main screen activates the 'System Settings' menu:

Most of the menu items are self explanatory. There are following options available for each item:
- Language - English / Japanese / Chinese / Deutsch / Francais / Spanish
- Firmware Sharing
- System Information
- System self-checking
- Volume - OFF / Low / Middle / High
- Completion Tone - Single / Repeat
- Backlight - Automatic / Low / Middle / High
- Max. input power - 50W - 1100W
- Min. input voltage - 11.6V - 48.0V

Firmware sharing, System Information (HW / BL / OS / PN) and System self-checking don't offer any extra options and do exactly what the name suggest. Even though I have never used the 'Firmware Sharing' option I have seen some reports on the forums and apparently it works really good. Maximum input power can be quite handy if using a battery as a power source to limit the max current the battery will provide.

There are plenty of customization options here. To go back to the main menu we can simply select 'Back' and press the middle button or just press 'BACK' on the navigation pad.

After the charger is plugged in we are welcomed with the screen showing total voltage in the left hand top corner and eaach cell voltage on the right. Scrolling down (press the bottom button on the pad) takes us to the second screen called 'Working Info' which provides information regarding input voltage, charger internal temperature, number of batteries charged in a day and total number of batteries charged.

To actually start uisng the charger we have to get to the Task Settings. It's called like that as an operation the charger can perform is called a 'Task' and there are following options available: Charge / Discharge / Storage. To get to the Task Settings we have to either press the middle or the START/STOP button.

Again, most of the menu items are self explanatory. There are following options available in the sub menus:
- Battery type - LiHv / LiPo / LiIon / LiFe / Pb / NiMH/Cd
- Cell voltage - EXAMPLE - for Lipo +/- 0.05V (4.15V - 4.25V)
- Cell Count - 1S - 8S
- Current Setting - (0.1A - 30.0A)
- Task - Charge / Discharge / Storage

As on other ISDT chargers there is a very interesting option available here and that is the possibility to override the final voltage in the 'Cell voltage' menu. For example in case of LiPo batteries it allows to go +/- 0.05V which means that regular LiPo final voltage can be set to anything between (4.15V - 4.25V). Also, the cell count is normally selected automatically after plugging in a battery but it can be changed manually as well.

After setting all the required parameters, select 'Start' from the menu and confirm by pressing the middle button or simply press START/STOP button. Each task has a different colour: orange for charging, pink for discharging and purple for storage.

When charging process starts there is following information available split in 3 screens:

On the left hand side there is the same information available on all 3 screens - charging current on the top, type of a battery and number of cells, total voltage, total current put into a battery, total charging time and the name of the task (Charging here). There is additinal information available on the righ - the first screen contains each cell voltage, the second internal resistance of each cell and third one is 'Working Info' screen. This one contains input voltage/power, output power, internal temperature and the daily/total number of completed charges.

When charging 1S batteries there is a message asking whether we want to perform unbalance task. And the only information available during 1S charge is the third screen from above picture. The charger doesn't show resistance of 1S batteries. The only way to do it is to connect 1S batteries using a balance port.

It is possible to charge multiple cell batteries without a balance connector. Again, before doing so we will be asked if we want to performs unbalance task. This is clearly not recommended. However, there are some batteries on the market that do not come with a balance connector (from what I recall some FPV googles use those) and many chargers won't allow to charge such cells.

At the end of charging process first there is a green screen saying 'Fast Charge Done' which after a few moments changes to a blue one with the information 'Charge Done'. This is similar to other chargers and I still haven't figured out why there is double information shown like that. Initially I thought the charger was set up to fast charge a battery first and if it wasn't interrupted it would carry on with the normal charging. I do not think that's the case as it has never taken long to go from the green screen to the blue one and the charger doesn't seem to be doing much before the second screen is shown.

The screens look similar when discharging or storing.

The only difference is the colour as mentioned earlier and lack of cell resistance information. Also, the figure on top of the screen is discharge current (with a minus sign) and the figure below shows the total number of mAh drawn from a battery not put into, obviously.

The total voltage during all three tasks only shows the tenths of the volt. I think it would make sense if it was showing up to the hundredths which would be useful especially when charging 1S batteries.

Since all the T series chargers differ in power output this section is in most parts relevant specifically to the T8 I have tested.

The ISDT T8 has maximum power ouput of 1000W or 30A. That means that it's only possible to reach it's maximum power output when charging 8S batteries. So charging any lower cell count batteries will be limited to 30A. This is still plenty of power and probably more than most of us need but I thought this should be mentioned here.

Unfortunately I won't be able to test the charger's maximum power output at the moment as I don't have any 8S batteries. I may perform some torture testing in the future and I will update the thread. All ISDT products I have tested so far didn't have any problems delivering rated performance so I would imagine it will be the same here but it would be good to put this to the test nevertheless.

There is another performance aspect I would like to discuss here though. And this is the heat generation and the cooling performance. The T8's fan stays silent until the charger reaches 60C. Also, just to mention that all the tests have been performed with ambient temperature at 23.5C and for the following tests I was using 12V input voltage. Please remember the performance of the charger depends on the difference between the input and the output voltage. The smaller the gap the better the performance. Increasing the gap (lower input vs output) not only does reduce the performance but also generates more heat. This is perfectly normal and nothing unusual but it should be mentioned here since I was using a 12V source to charge 24-25V battery. For more test results please check the next post in which I am comparing 225W output (240W input) first using 12V and then 27V on the input. There is definitely a difference in the heat generation.

If you have a look at the picture:

You will notice that when outputting about 400W the charger already reached 60 degrees C and that's not even 50% of total power output. When charging at 400W the temperature never drops below 60C and stays around 70C even though the fan runs at maximum speed. When charging at about 235W the internal fan actually manages to cool down the charger so the temperature drops down to 55C the fan switches off and the temp starts going up again. That means that probably up to 250W the cooling fan can actually provide enough airflow to lower the internal temperature. From probably 300 - 350W up expect the fan to stay on all the time (depending on ambient temperature). Luckily the fan is not super loud nor annoying but it's definitely louder than my converted server PSU fan.

This isn't anything unusual but I thought it should be mentioned in case someone was considering getting a higher specs charger and not use the max power output hoping for silent operation at lower loads. I think this should give a good idea how well the cooling works here.

When it comes to voltage reading accuracy I didn't find any issues here. Compared to my UNI-T multimeter the charger reads either the same or 0.01V lower. This is good enough for me and definitely within the measuring error. Please note that my multimeter has not been professionally calibrated. Regarding power output, compared to my GT.Power Watt meter the T8 always shows about 10-15% higher power output than the GT.Power. I haven't had any issues with the watt meter in the past so maybe ISDT reads slightly different value here. For example compared to the readings from ISDT SC-620 and D2 chargers I get comparable readings the meter shows slightly higher value but the difference was marginal (up to 5% I would say). Not 100% sure why there is this discrepancy here.

As with their other products ISDT seems to be emphasizing built in safety features here. This charger offers:
- short current protection
- overload protection
- over voltage protection
- overheating protection
- anti-spark function

I haven't managed to trigger any of them yet.

USB charging

The USB port can only be used to charge devices and there is no option to connect the charger to a computer to run some dedicated monitoring software. That would definitely be a nice feature.

The max rated output of the USB port is 2.1A @ 5V. I am happy to report that the port can reach the specifiaction and I was able to get almost 3A from the port with just a slight drop in voltage down to 4.92V. That's definitely good news as when testing other ISDT chargers in the past I found that USB port didn't perform very well. It would be good if ISDT provided QucikCharge compatibility but it's definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Compared to ISDT SC-620

Before concluding the review lets have a quick look at T8 vs SC-620 previously the most powerful ISDT charger.

From the side and on top of SC-620

It's quite impressive that ISDT managed to squeeze in twice as much power output in similar volume. The T8 is actually a bit smaller and slightly thicker than SC-620. Also, it's also only marginally heavier - 302g vs 285g. However, since the volume is similar so is the cooling and thermal performance. Unfortunately there are no free lunches here. Even though ISDT specifies that T8 includes high density fin radiator and high speed ball bearing fan that should provide high cooling efficiency there is only so much tha can be improved. The Sc-620 also starts to reach 60C at about 230W and that's when the cooling fan kicks in. The only difference is this is almost 50% max power output for SC-620 and it's just 25% of the max output on T-8. There are always comprises to make. Personally I think I would prefer the T-8 to be larger and offer better cooling performance. I always take silence over size as I often charge my batteries in the evening. Plus keeping parts cooler definitely extends the life of the components. I guess ISDT wanted to have a super small powerful charger as this looks good on specs sheet.

They market this as having 2400W per litre compared to a typical chargers that offer 601W per litre.

BattGO Compatibility

The entire T series is BattGO compatible. For more information regarding BattGo please visit: Since there are only two batteries (both from Charsoon) available that support BattGO the technology is still a bit of a novelty and a proof of concept. It is a new idea that introduces a concept of smart battery. Using a specially developed XT60 connector called XT60i that has additional pin it is possible to access some battery performance details stored on a special chip built into the battery using compatible chargers and battery checkers as well as on PCs.

The BattGO chip inside a battery looks like that:

And this is what can be stored on a chip:

For more information regarding the BattGO technology including added functionality to the compatible chargers please check my video overview here:

BattGO Technology Overview (21 min 18 sec)

T8 official specification
- Input Voltage: DC 10-40V
- Max Input Current: 35A
- Output Voltage: 0-37V
- Charge Current: 0.1-30.0A
- Discharge Current: 0.1-5.0A
- Max Charge Capacity: 1000W
- Max Discharge Capacity: 20W
- Balancing Current: 2.2A / cell
- Balance Cells: 8S
- Supported Battery Type:
> LiFe/Lilon/LiPo/LiHv (1-8S)
> NiMH/Cd(1-21S)
> Pb(1-14S)
- USB Port: 2.1A/5V
- Display: 2.4〃320240 IPS LCD
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40C
- Storage Temperature: -20 - 60C
- Dimensions: 100 x 120 x 58 mm
- Weight: 305g (actual weight 302g)
- Supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese

T8 Video review

ISDT T8 DC Smart Charger 1000W 8S with BattGO Technology (24 min 42 sec)

T6Lite review and T8 comparison

ISDT T6 Lite 600W Smart DC Charger Review and T8 Comparison (16 min 2 sec)

Final thoughts
Before the final conclusion let's have a look at:

Things I like
- excellent build quality
- impressive size to power ratio (see the comment below though)
- lovely screen (pictures don't do it justice)
- very intuitive user interface and easy to navigate menus
- built in safety features
- internal resistance information
- good amount of displayed information
- reasonable price this time
- BattGo (potentially as I haven't tried it yet)
- good USB charging performance (not compatible with QuickCharge though)

Things I don't like
- thermal and cooling performance
- power output readings higher than the actual output
- cannot access internal resistance information for 1S batteries unless connected through balance port
- proprietary firmware update port

Things that don't bother me one way or another
[EDIT]: - no user manual provided and there is no manual available online either*
Apparently the retail version of the charger ships with a proper user manual. [/EDIT]
- USB charging port not compatible with QuickCharge
- BattGo technology - like the idea but have not tried it yet as there are no batteries avaialble
- max discharge capacity value could be lower than 20W (see this post for more details)

Typically, ISDT products offer excellent quality and unique designs that are quite expensive at the same time. Surprisingly in case of T8 and T6 Lite the chargers are not that pricey considering how powerful they are. Don't get me wrong at $99 ($79 for the T6 Lite) they are not cheap and the T8 is still the most expensive of ISDT DC chargers but the price seems to be more palatable this time round. The price aside looks like T8 and T6 Lite are additional great products in ISDT portfolio. The T8 is their most powerful charger to date, compatible with 8S batteries, it's impressively small with amazing size / performance ratio, offers the same (actually slightly improved) user interface and fantastic screen, is the first charger that supports BattGo technology and as with other ISDT products offers excellent build quality and original design. Also, due to the compact size and low weight all T Series products will make excellent field chargers.

So far so good and everything looks fantastic. Unfortunately there is one main thing I do not like about the T8. And this is it's cooling performance. I was hoping that a 1000W charger would offer a silent performance at least up to 40% of it's rated power output (say up to 350-400W). This is not the case and at 400W the charger already sits firmly at 70C with the fan running constantly. Unfortunately due to the size of the charger (which is great and is unbelievably small) there is limited space inside for a bigger heatsink so the fan has to work quite hard to keep it cool. To be completely fair here I was testing the charger performance using 12V input to charge 24-25V battery. That's a big input / output difference and that's the reason the charger generated quite a lot of heat. I am sure the things would have looked better if I had higher voltage on the input. For some more tests regarding the topic please check the next post. I still wish ISDT focused more on the cooling/thermal performance than on size as the noise levels are quite important to me. Everyone has different priorities though.

I think the T8 is still a solid product that is an absolute pleasure to use but I think it could have been much better if it offered better thermal control. Obviously, that would make it bigger and heavier. It's always about compromises, isn't it? The T6 Lite seems a touch quieter and has slightly more pleasant pitch but the difference is negligible.

So what is your take on that? I am interested to find out whether you like the product or not. Please leave your comment below.

The charger for this unbiased* review has been provided to me by and can be purchased from their website here. It's currently listed at $99 but I am sure there will be discounts available soon. The T6 Lite was also provided by and it's available on their web site for $79. The T6 cost $89 at Banggood.

*In short an unbiased review means that if I don't like something I will say it. It also means that I have not been paid to write this review. I was only provided the product free of charge without obligation to write a positive review.

Last edited by czajunia; Feb 05, 2018 at 08:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2017, 12:07 PM
A note regarding my power output / noise test in the video.

I had this question asked in the youtube comments:
19:15 Here you are charging a 6S battery using a 12 V power supply. I wonder if the cooling fan would run less if you used a 24 V power supply instead?
This is a valid point and something that requires a bit more testing done in my opinion.

Since I don't have a very powerful 24V PSU just to get an idea about the temperatures I have run my smaller PSU that can supply 27V (less power though) and compared it to the same power output on 12V. I had input power limited to 240W in both cases. I was using the same 6S battery and the indicated power output on the T8 was 225W. The charger starting temperature was roughly the same in both cases. On 27V after about 5min 30sec the charger reached 60 degrees. The fan started running quite loud (at the same speed as in the video) but it managed to bring the temperature down to 50C. At about 9 minutes and 30 seconds the charger reached 61C again. After that I ran another test this time with the 12V PSU (also limited to 240W). This time the charger reached 60C after only 3minutes and 30 seconds. The fan kicked in brought the temperature down to 53C (seemed like it was spinning a bit slower than when I used 27V input). At around 6 minutes the temperature reached 61C again. At around 9 minutes we were back to 61C once again.

So as expected, feeding higher voltage definitely improves the temperature control on the charger. No, it doesn't make it silent but there is a noticeable difference on the lower power output at around 225W. Which means there should definitely be some improvement when the power output climbs higher. I am not sure how big the improvement will be though since the temperatures will also get higher due to outputting more power.
Last edited by czajunia; Nov 14, 2017 at 04:54 PM.
Sep 29, 2017, 12:25 PM
Dave Johnson
There are plenty of huge silent running chargers to choose from. The smaller the items I have to drag to the field, the better IMHO.
Sep 29, 2017, 01:43 PM
Makes sense. Especially that noise is not an issue in the field anyway.

As I mentioned earlier, everyone has different priorities and that's why I am interested to find out what people think.
Oct 01, 2017, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by czajunia
Makes sense. Especially that noise is not an issue in the field anyway.

As I mentioned earlier, everyone has different priorities and that's why I am interested to find out what people think.
Thanks for the very objective and comprehensive review! The information on the temperatures was excellent. I agree with you about the temps being a factor and would much prefer a little larger unit if it meant better cooling performance. The design looks nice, but longevity is something I am waiting to see.
Oct 01, 2017, 10:19 PM
What is the actual max discharge power? Specs posted at the bottom say:

"- Max Charge Capacity: 1000W
- Max Discharge Capacity: 20W "
Oct 02, 2017, 05:01 AM
I am sorry I didn't test this earlier but I find a discharge option on those small chargers rather useless unless you want to discharge really low capacity batteries. I normally use a cheap light bulb based discharger as that works much better - quicker and without any noise.

Getting back to your question. If you just want to discharge your batteries without balancing you get 10W discharge rate. Discharging with balancing also allows 10W for discharging plus you get additional 18W for balancing. So I am not 100% sure how this value is measured and where the 20W figure in the specification comes from as it's not 20W either way. But if we are talking pure maximum discharge capacity without any balancing it is 10W not 20W.
Oct 02, 2017, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by czajunia
I am sorry I didn't test this earlier but I find a discharge option on those small chargers rather useless unless you want to discharge really low capacity batteries. I normally use a cheap light bulb based discharger as that works much better - quicker and without any noise.

Getting back to your question. If you just want to discharge your batteries without balancing you get 10W discharge rate. Discharging with balancing also allows 10W for discharging plus you get additional 18W for balancing. So I am not 100% sure how this value is measured and where the 20W figure in the specification comes from as it's not 20W either way. But if we are talking pure maximum discharge capacity without any balancing it is 10W not 20W.
Thanks for the details. I couldn't help but notice the size comparison against competitors' chargers, but I know at least one of the competitors' chargers are good for 100W of discharge power and a large part of that is a proper size heatsink. IMHO 10W of discharge power is completely useless, especially on a 1,000W charger.
Oct 02, 2017, 03:48 PM
Suspended Account
Not going to disagree Ohmic, but that menu system is light years ahead of certain competing chargers.
Oct 02, 2017, 03:55 PM
It could be the reason they don't provide for more discharge power in their charger is that they would rather you use their FD-100 discharger. It may only be 80w but is has better control than most discharges or so they say. Mine is on the way so I'll know how well it works one of these days.
Oct 02, 2017, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by rcflip
Not going to disagree Ohmic, but that menu system is light years ahead of certain competing chargers.
Depends on what UI you're referring too, but the better ones even have a color touchscreen option, wireless connectivity, support for Android and iOS, and PC support with logging. They can even be configured such that you really only need to use a few button presses to do everything. Heck, all you have to do is BUMP it to enter all your charging parameters.

Of course, the one with 100W of discharge power is over seven years old now.
Oct 02, 2017, 07:45 PM
Suspended Account
Well look at it 7 years old! woot woot.
Oct 02, 2017, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by rcflip
Well look at it 7 years old! woot woot.
The 100W of discharge power was there from day one. The BUMP has been out for over 1.5 years, but it was the original forward thinking and design that made the BUMP possible without requiring a new charger purchase.
Oct 03, 2017, 12:07 AM
Suspended Account
And 7 year ago a fanboy was born.
Last edited by rcflip; Oct 03, 2017 at 04:09 PM.
Oct 03, 2017, 04:22 AM
Originally Posted by Ohmic
IMHO 10W of discharge power is completely useless, especially on a 1,000W charger.
Simply put, the T8 cannot be used as a discharger especially with larger batteries. Well, of course it can but that's not very practical. Also, I don't think it has been designed with that in mind. Looks like ISDT's main focus was the size-weight to performance ratio and they did great in that regard. Since this is a DC charger we can use our batteries as an input to charge other cells and discharge them that way. But that's not the point here.

I don't think this is an isolated case though. Other LiPo chargers on the market (including other ISDT chargers) offer similarly disappointing discharge performance. For example 500W SC-620 also offers only 15W discharge power. This is a 50% less powerful charger that offers 50% more discharge power which seems much better than T8 but such discharging performance is still not very useful and practical, really.

Quick Reply