Peter Goldsmith Designs Foxbat Sailplane Kit - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Peter Goldsmith Designs Foxbat Sailplane Kit

Building season is just around the corner and it's time to start looking for your winter projects. Peter Goldsmith has an awesome retro sailplane kit that looks great and should fly even better.

Splash

Pick Up this Great Kit for Building Season

Building season is just around the corner and it's time to looking for your winter projects. Peter Goldsmith has an awesome retro sailplane kit that looks great and should fly even better. The Foxbat can be built as a pure glider or you can set it up for ALES with an electric power system. Peter has just started to get kits together so if you want one, you'll need to send him a message to get on the list.

The kit costs $280 plus about $10 in shipping. He said he tried to keep the costs down as much as possible to encourage people to pick up building again. The skills you learn while building will help you greatly in the RC hobby and there is nothing like the feeling of flying a model that you built yourself. You should give it a try!

Editor's Note

We did a little research and the word on the street is that you can contact Kennedy Composites to order this plane.

Oct 01, 2017, 02:23 PM
Specifications?
Oct 01, 2017, 04:28 PM
AKA - The "Flywheel"
3.6 meters.
Oct 01, 2017, 06:54 PM
Yes....and?....
Oct 01, 2017, 07:47 PM
AKA - The "Flywheel"
Thats all I know... LOL
Oct 01, 2017, 07:53 PM
Well, it's a very good specification and much appreciated :0)
Oct 01, 2017, 08:13 PM
Randy, Pete designed this ship in the late '70's when still in Australia. It has been accepted for Nostaglia legality, and like anything Pete, is nicely engineered. Pete is laser cutting the kit himself, Barry Kennedy is distributing the kit. I have one on the way myself.

Just good common sense design and construction methods.

Marc
Oct 01, 2017, 09:19 PM
Good info....any idea of the airfoil? If it's Nostalgia era I assume it's a flat bottom.
Oct 01, 2017, 10:22 PM
It looked and flew very well at the last SW Glider Contest I attended.
Oct 02, 2017, 07:09 AM
Randy, it is SD3021'ish I am guessing...

Marc
Oct 02, 2017, 11:21 AM
Mark
I haven't checked one out but question the use of a 3021???? Since Nostalgia cut off is pre Jan 1980 and The 3021 is several years later. L
Oct 02, 2017, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Jolly
Mark
I haven't checked one out but question the use of a 3021???? Since Nostalgia cut off is pre Jan 1980 and The 3021 is several years later. L
I'd suspect Marc means it's similar to a 3021, ie a modified E205 type foil.
Oct 02, 2017, 11:35 AM
E 193
Oct 02, 2017, 11:54 AM
The King Moonracer of balsa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Reynolds
Specifications?
Hi Randy, maybe this will help.

All up weight is around 56 0z
Airfoil was originally an Eppler 193, not sure what the kit has
3.6 meter span
Built up wood wing and fuselage
RES design

Peter posted some of his build pictures and a little history on the design in this thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...o-more-designs

Wayne
Oct 02, 2017, 11:54 AM
Larry, I did say 3021'ish, not 3021. Last time I checked, adding the suffix -ish means it is sort of like it, but not it.

English class is done...

Marc