Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3m BNF - RC Groups

Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3m BNF

Another bright yellow Carbon Cub is being offered by Horizon Hobby, and this time it comes with some impressive safety features.

Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3m BNF

Horizon Hobby Serves Up More Carbon!

Multiple sizes of the Carbon Core Cub have been offered by Horizon Hobby over the years, and another friendly-sized Carbon Cub has just been announced. The all new Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3m BNF is a bright yellow and gray EPO aircraft with a 51" wingspan and a 480-sized 960Kv brushless motor. Included with the Carboin Cub 1.3m is an 18 amp esc, Parkzone analog servos, and a Spektrum DSMX receiver with SAFE GPS technology. Optional accessories such as floats and flaps (a flap servo is required) make the Carbon Cub a very versatile aircraft for different types of flying sites.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3m BNF

CLICK HERE for the ongoing RCGroups thread.

HobbyZone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3m RTF and BNF Basic (5 min 1 sec)

SAFE w/ GPS

The Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3m BNF comes with a DSMX receiver with SAFE GPS technology, allowing for autoland, loiter, and virtual fence. Three flight modes from beginner to advanced are also included, along with panic recovery mode. All of this technology makes the Hobbyzone Carbon Cub S+ 1.3m BNF a great beginner aircraft for teaching new pilots the ropes. Additionally, the Carbon Cub 1.3M would make a great FPV aircraft with a camera/VTx unit on top of the wings or mounted between the landing gear. With the GPS-guided modes, any stick situation can be avoided or resolved by enabling loiter to regain spatial awareness, and virtual fence to prevent straying too far from home.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Sep 29, 2017 at 10:21 AM..
Sep 29, 2017, 10:41 PM
So still with the 18amp esc. I don't know if id call this "The all new" but it'll still be a great trainer with SAFE. 7channel trans required for flaps???
Sep 29, 2017, 11:54 PM
Modeling Retread
Sport Cub Redux. Great Idea. Ive been flying mine 2 1/2 years and it’s still fun.
Sep 30, 2017, 05:18 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxProGT
So still with the 18amp esc. I don't know if id call this "The all new" but it'll still be a great trainer with SAFE. 7channel trans required for flaps???
4 for control, 1 for panic recovery, 1 for flight mode, and 1 for flaps.
Oct 01, 2017, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
4 for control, 1 for panic recovery, 1 for flight mode, and 1 for flaps.
Ah i see. Thanks.
Oct 02, 2017, 12:12 PM
enough with the cubs....... 260.00 and they cant even throw in 2 little flap servos really..........also the little 18amps esc c'mon throw in atleast a 30amp esc....
Oct 02, 2017, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by axerhand1976
enough with the cubs....... 260.00 and they cant even throw in 2 little flap servos really..........also the little 18amps esc c'mon throw in atleast a 30amp esc....

Actually this plane just uses 1 flap servo. X(
Oct 17, 2017, 10:43 PM
Will this work with my original DSM2 DX-7 transmitter?
Oct 18, 2017, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot
Will this work with my original DSM2 DX-7 transmitter?
Yes
Yesterday, 10:34 PM
Sorry Horizon. You can keep your disposable foam planes.