Post your freeflight model pics here - Page 131 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by Tony Oliver, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Dec 18, 2012, 08:16 PM
You mean something like this....
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2012, 08:23 PM
Nah.! Thats too tidy.

This is more like it

Last edited by oldpilot; Dec 18, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
Dec 18, 2012, 09:43 PM
sensitive artsy type
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_J_Glor
You mean that's not one of your criteria for picking a bride?

peejay
It wasn't, now divorced... Maybe it should have been!
Dec 18, 2012, 09:45 PM
sensitive artsy type

@ Oldpilot and Dorme

Yes, it is very tidy! Mine might look like that when it finally gets so out of hand I have to clean up, like for a day....

Nice.
Dec 19, 2012, 03:33 AM
Lots of photos etc from the Swedish vintage F/F-nats, 10-11-12 Aug 2012, to be seen HERE

Enter the page and click all links...
Dec 19, 2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluehand
Lots of photos etc from the Swedish vintage F/F-nats, 10-11-12 Aug 2012, to be seen HERE

Enter the page and click all links...
Thanks. Very good. Lots of good pics.
Dec 19, 2012, 07:46 AM
Thanks GlueHand for posting the link.

Great to get a report with so many fine photos from a part of the world we do not hear to much from.

My automatic language translator does a good job so it was easy to read about what went on.

Very nice models indeed and you seem to have a wonderful free flight site to fly from.

Cheers

Algy
Dec 19, 2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks, Bosse - good to see so much activity and participation.

Happy to see Sten Persson doing well and looking so healthy - but looked for Sven-Olov Linden in the photos and results without success. Did he attend? My acquaintanceship goes back well over 40 years.
Jan 22, 2013, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie
Just finished the Veron SABRE.
Cox TD 049 power with a Veron fan. 280g/under 10oz ready to fly.

It's modeled 'loosely' on the magnificent RAAF Sabre just restored at Temora Museum NSW. (Do a Google and check it out)
I was fortunate enough to be able to see it some time ago being restored.
Hi Gossie, I write for the RCMW and QEFI here in the UK. jhn@stennard.orangehome.co.uk Am just writing a feature and mentioned the Veron model. Saw your La and Sabre on the net. Any chance of you sending me a couple of photos to use in the feature? Would like to credit you if you can give me your name. Photos need to be as high a res as possible.

Many thanks John
Jan 22, 2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStennard
Hi Gossie, I write for the RCMW and QEFI here in the UK. jhn@stennard.orangehome.co.uk Am just writing a feature and mentioned the Veron model. Saw your La and Sabre on the net. Any chance of you sending me a couple of photos to use in the feature? Would like to credit you if you can give me your name. Photos need to be as high a res as possible.

Many thanks John
Hi John, what you see on the net is all there is.......you are welcome to use those if you wish.
Jan 22, 2013, 07:27 PM
1:1 scale is fun!
I post these on my Jimmie Allen models thread but thought I would share them here too. Skokie and Sky Chief. The Sky Chief has a huge swept wing and still needs a prop carved for it. I know Texaco is probably not accurate for a Jimmie Allen but they had a brand of gas called "Sky Chief" so I made a decal of it for the tail and used the colors for the rest of the airplane. Now we await spring time!
Jan 27, 2013, 09:57 AM
My rubber powered flying wing. The project was mostly about learning to draft peanut sized plans. But I've always wanted a wing.

The build/design thread is here along with plans: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1788386
Jan 27, 2013, 11:19 AM
1:1 scale is fun!
Nice flying wing! The videos on the other links are fantastic!
Well done.
Jan 28, 2013, 05:05 AM
Here's my No-Cal dH88 Comet, it's 18" span so not strictly a No-Cal. Weight is 4.4g. The props are 3.5" and the motors quite short. It did a reasonable circuit on1/16 rubber but I need to strip some smaller and longer motors to get a bit more duration.

Jon
Jan 28, 2013, 06:05 AM
more balsa please!
Here is my almost completed cub. I'm going to put a coat of thinned dope on the tissue. My only worry is that the covering will pull off since I attached it with a glue stick. Anyone have ant advice?