Kyosho Javelin 4WD Re-Release - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Kyosho Javelin 4WD Re-Release

The Javelin's iconic look and great off road performance make it the perfect weekend basher that's sure to catapult any seasoned driver back to their youth!

Kyosho Javelin 4WD Re-Release

The Well Recognized Orange Buggy is Back!

Kyosho has been making a number of appearances in our news section recently, and for obvious reasons! The re-releases in general are a throwback to many of our childhoods; I remember wearing down the pages of a Kyosho catalog as a kid, dreaming about owning any of the awesome 1/10th scale buggies. My dream finally came true with a Kyosho Turbo Optima Mid SE, thus kick-starting my life long passion for the hobby, and my career in the industry!

The newest re-re is the Javelin, a chain-driven 4wd buggy with an aluminum alloy chassis. The Javelin's iconic look and great off road performance make it the perfect weekend basher that's sure to catapult any seasoned driver back to their youth! The Javelin will sell for $319.99, and is scheduled for availability in late October. It requires a motor, battery, and ESC.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Kyosho Javelin Re-Release

KYOSHO Javelin (1 min 34 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Sep 29, 2017 at 10:43 AM..
Sep 29, 2017, 10:11 AM
Epic!
Sep 29, 2017, 12:32 PM
1.21 Gigawatts!
My first Javelin costed $165 back in the 80's. Inflation sucks.
Sep 29, 2017, 10:51 PM
If the winds blowin, I'm goin!
I want one..bad. I was in my early twenties when these cars first hit the scene, but I never owned one. Second chance!
Sep 30, 2017, 06:40 AM
User Registered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph280
My first Javelin costed $165 back in the 80's. Inflation sucks.
Hear, hear. I remember paying somewhere around $100 @ Tower H. for my Optima when the newer versions were coming out. I so badly wanted the Javelin. It was, in my mind, the most beautiful thing back then. I had planned on dressing out my Optima with the roll cage one day...never happened. High school, chasing girls, and doing dumb stuff took a precedence.
Sep 30, 2017, 11:13 AM
Did I make the A Main?
the local track in my area recently converted to turf, and I'd bet these stock tires would do excellent on turf

I doubt a vintage class would come back, but folks have been mulling it over in my area... will this be the platform that gets it going???

FWIW... the Mugen Bulldog would be my weakness to buy on impulse if it where brought back!
Sep 30, 2017, 11:19 AM
I was only eight years old in 1986 (seven and a half actually :P ). I have only seen the Javelin in those little mini catalogs Kyosho used to release every year in those days.
Sep 30, 2017, 03:17 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyUs
Hear, hear. I remember paying somewhere around $100 @ Tower H. for my Optima when the newer versions were coming out. I so badly wanted the Javelin. It was, in my mind, the most beautiful thing back then. I had planned on dressing out my Optima with the roll cage one day...never happened. High school, chasing girls, and doing dumb stuff took a precedence.

I tried to remake the roll cage on Technic Lego buggies, but never looked nearly as good as the original.

A vintage racing class, as Bill hinted at, would be nice, but I think the price may be a little high to become popular outside the circle of people that ran or drooled over these cars in their youth.
Oct 01, 2017, 05:32 AM
Vintage racing is very niche in the UK , there's a vintage revival meet once a year and I think some clubs have the occasional meet , on the bright side it is growing but it's a ways of from having a class of its own unfortunately .
The Javelin is one of the most beautiful period cars , my friend had the Optima but was never happy with it because of the system of tensioning the chain , the front suspension and diff assembly were mounted with slotted holes so it could be moved forward to tension the chain but the slightest impact knocked it back and loosened the chain again .
Oct 01, 2017, 08:18 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadio
Vintage racing is very niche in the UK , there's a vintage revival meet once a year and I think some clubs have the occasional meet , on the bright side it is growing but it's a ways of from having a class of its own unfortunately .
The Javelin is one of the most beautiful period cars , my friend had the Optima but was never happy with it because of the system of tensioning the chain , the front suspension and diff assembly were mounted with slotted holes so it could be moved forward to tension the chain but the slightest impact knocked it back and loosened the chain again .
I wish there was vintage racing around here; I just picked up an original Kyosho Optima that while I got it for a good price, I've spent too much money in getting it operational. It would be fun to bash it around a track with other 4WD buggies from back in the day.
Oct 01, 2017, 02:56 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then
I wish there was vintage racing around here; I just picked up an original Kyosho Optima that while I got it for a good price, I've spent too much money in getting it operational. It would be fun to bash it around a track with other 4WD buggies from back in the day.

I don't recall having seen any pics of this refit yet.
Oct 04, 2017, 07:21 AM
Looks awesome!
Oct 16, 2017, 12:09 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
This is another must have for me. I have always loved the looks of the Javelin.
Latest blog entry: FuriBee X140 140mm FPV Racer
Oct 17, 2017, 01:19 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I don't recall having seen any pics of this refit yet.
I know, I've been slack. I'm still tweaking it and trying to get it just right. The LeMans motor died so I had to replace it. Plus I also had to replace the steering mechanism which I just installed the other day. I think I have t he chain tension tension too tight but that's the only way I can get it so it doesn't skip/slip. I want to get one really good run under it then I'll post pics.

Speaking of the Javelin, A Main Hobbies was having a contest to where they were going to give away the Javelin they built to a lucky winner. Fingers crossed as it would complement my Optima very well!