Oct 01, 2017, 08:50 AM
That looks fantastic!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 01, 2017, 09:51 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Thread OP
Yes she sure is a nice looker this one eh .. would probably be good as a single engine too as you say Duke .. maybe a nice variant

Lockey
Oct 01, 2017, 10:23 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Kudos!

Ken
Oct 02, 2017, 06:01 AM
Thread OP
More build .. undecided whether or not to fit the radiator covers (last 4 pics) or to simply glue back the cut outs that I made for the ESC's

Lockey

Comoz Twin Retracts (0 min 28 sec)
Last edited by Lockey; Oct 02, 2017 at 06:08 AM.
Oct 03, 2017, 12:00 PM
Man you have this design/build thing down pat !!!!!!!!!

Beautiful plane !!!
Oct 03, 2017, 01:34 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
finally got my plans sorted -- office works stuffed them up, got them home and they were 60%. Printed at work on the big plotter.... came out at 100%, couldn't scale them down. Then tonight I printed them, tiled on A3's, 80% ....yaaa!!! Love those retracks Lockey! got a link??pls
Oct 03, 2017, 02:39 PM
Looks great! Thanks for sharing detailed build pictures.
Oct 03, 2017, 06:28 PM
Thread OP
Thanks guys, I am very happy by the way it has turned out

Sounds like you had lots of fun getting the plans printed mate

Quote:
ove those retracks Lockey! got a link??pls
Got them a long time ago Duke and they have been sat in a drawer .. I think they are maybe a tad on the long side but JUST manage to fold up into the nacelle .. at 80 % you wouldn't get them in there .. and they would be MUCH too long

I did buy a pair of these https://hobbyking.com/en_us/servoles...ount-2pcs.html but the legs would have had to be made longer .. not a biggy though ... these are what I used on the Mosquito and they worked good (see pics)

I think these were the ones I used https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...ance-type.html

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Oct 03, 2017 at 06:44 PM.
Oct 03, 2017, 07:21 PM
Thanks mate I have 2 sets in the parts box. Thown into orders on the wim....
The fist link is the set I have! They are a replacement set for a 1100mm ws Tempest. Has the wheels and doors that just unclip.
The other is a tricycle metal set.. steerable .
Oct 05, 2017, 03:33 PM
There's something quite satisfying about watching those retracts. Wheels come down, wheels go up, wheels come down, wheels go up....

What motors will you be using Lockey?
Oct 05, 2017, 07:30 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorchythebear
There's something quite satisfying about watching those retracts. Wheels come down, wheels go up, wheels come down, wheels go up....

What motors will you be using Lockey?
You know what they say Adam ... "Little things please little minds" only joking mate, yes it a bit like watching my CNC machine .. never ceases to amaze me how that damn thing works .. it more interesting to watch it cutting than watching test cricket

These are the motors I was thinking about using .. not sure how they will go https://hobbyking.com/en_us/d2826-10...ess-motor.html .. probably with 8 x 4.5 props

Lockey
Oct 06, 2017, 12:49 AM
Good choice of motor Lockey ! 8x4 will be great.
Will hall asssss!
Oct 06, 2017, 02:10 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Duke .. might be a little while before I can do much more though as I had a cataract op on my right eye on Tuesday and having probs seeing too well at present and I have to have the left eye done in about 3 -4 weeks .. so looks like I will be a little slow building for the time being ..

I have bought a set of the cheap glasses for reading (and PC) and these seem to be working for close up work for now .. once both my eyes are done and settled down, I will be able to have my eyes tested and some proper glasses made again .. I have worn glasses full time now for over 40 years

By the way .. here is your single engine version .. maybe not quite as sexy looking as the twin though eh

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Oct 06, 2017 at 02:21 AM.
Oct 06, 2017, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey

By the way .. here is your single engine version .. maybe not quite as sexy looking as the twin though eh

Lockey
Yeah your right.... not so hot on the first look...

My dad had his eyes lasered and now he doesn't nred glasses at all...
I hope you get better soon buddy.

Quick Reply