Sep 28, 2017, 09:56 AM
Thread OP
Careful!

Be wary of the Armattan – Lifetime Warranty Policy (don’t break anything)

I recently purchase an Armattan Chameleon and I did so because of there "Lifetime Warranty"! As a frame designer the quality of the CF is not the best, and the AL they are using is cheap. The AL is 6061 which is one of the cheapest types of AL to use and it's very soft!

I have owned this quad for about a month and only flown about 10 packs. The XT60 solder joint broke during a punch out and the quad landed on the Lipo, breaking the top plate and bent the AL FPV parts. I filed a claim and they refused to replace some of the parts stating that if it could be bent back into shape they would not replace them. Needless to say, they agreed to replace the top plate which also has a lipo pad, but wouldn't replace the lipo pad! Not only this, they refused to the replace the HD CAM and it should be replaced.

I have gone back and forth now like 10 times in email and the owner (Chris) personally emailed me. The staff that contacted me were very professional, but the owner's tone I did not like. Honestly, I should not have to waste these kinds of cycles to get a parts replaced.

The frame flies great, but I would highly recommend anyone reconsidering this frame and take a look at alternatives for several reasons:

1- Hard to find spare parts in the US
2- Getting them to replace something is painful and near impossible at best

I was going to build a 2nd Chameleon but now I will likely go with a Stingy frame. I would rather purchase a quality frame from Xhover and know that even if I have to pay for parts I can get them here in the US.

Has anyone else had similar experiences with Armattan?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2017, 02:13 PM
My experience so far is I stripped the bolts going into the aluminum camera housing during initial dry-fitting and they replaced both pieces of aluminum. I just wrecked the main plate by hitting an 8x8 post at full speed and snapped the right front arm at the motor mount and they are replacing the main plate and top plate for the $5 shipping fee (no top plate foam either)..

I don't know how bent your aluminum pieces got or how degraded they would be if you did bend them back, but if you do bend them back maybe they'll 'snap' *hint* and then it'd be warrantied.

"We do not care if you bought this frame new, used, or if if you found it in an old box in the attic. If it is broken, we will warranty it at no cost (5$ shipping cost). If your dog chews an arm to oblivion, we'll warranty it. If your mother-in-law drives over the quad with her car, stay cool, we'll warranty it. Put it in your will. We'll warranty it. But we will not warranty it if you lose it, or if you can't prove it is in your possession." - as per their website

Not sure how your tone was in emails going back and forth, but generally you get what you give, sorry if that's incorrect or harsh. I do not believe a warranty on a frame would subsequently cover all installed electronics (HD CAM... seriously?) When I wrecked my chameleon into that post, I also wrecked the motor that was on that arm, I had no intention of requesting they replace the cost of that motor.

If you ordered the entire prebuilt chameleon from them and the XT60 malfunctioned on the first flight then maybe there'd be some sort of argument on your damaged hd cam.. long story short, this is a good example of why manufacturers stay away from lifetime warranties.

Ok I'm done, please don't be offended
Sep 29, 2017, 12:05 AM
The stingy frame is gonna break right at the front. And u have to replace it urself
Oct 01, 2017, 12:47 AM
Did you buy this pre-assembled?

Why would you think they would replace a HD cam?
Oct 01, 2017, 02:25 AM
Alright. 2 sides to a story, yes? The short of it is this person wanted a complete replacement of alumi parts because the color he needed as a replacement was momentarily out of stock.

He also issued threats if we refused to give him what he asked for.

Well, our support staff are well trained to know what needs to be replaced and what is flyable. The warranty is honored on these frames and complaints like this are few and far apart.

The bottom line is emailing us threats, means the support staff will alert me. From there, I found very helpful and professional responses from our staff that were met with rude comments and threats.

Well, sorry, but as I have mentioned to this gentleman, requesting parts that are not broken to be replaced because the parts he needs is a few days away from being in stock is not reasonable, and issuing threats to force our hands against our well-established policies is not appreciated.

This person was requested to show images of the parts he broke and refused to do so, hoping we would just send him free parts based on his word that the parts need to be replaced.

This person's alumi part was not even bent enough to fall under our warranty, either. He refused to even try to bend it back and we did agree to send the free part to him. But he claimed other parts were damaged, refused to show pics, asked for ALL alumi parts be replaced and threatened us with this little letter on RCG if we refused. As you can guess, we refused and I gave him a fair warning about his unreasonable requests and threats.

So thanks for this nice letter, and good luck treating people like crap when they are hard at work trying to help you out, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Oct 01, 2017, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suteki
Did you buy this pre-assembled?

Why would you think they would replace a HD cam?
No. He purchased a frame.

Best,
Chris
Oct 01, 2017, 03:02 AM
I have found that Armattans replacement policy to be excellent. When I bent up the rear aluminium vtx mount I emailed them the information and pictures they asked for.. got a reply REALLY quickly and got my replacing part in a week to the uk.

I've been nothing but impressed and happy with the support staff and even with Chris with the conversations I've had with him in the past when I've had questions about things.

Edit: I just thought I would add that like the OP I was asked if I could bend the aluminium part back in the first case but as soon as I explained I had already tried that and it bent again instantly and there was no quibble for the support staff and they processed the warranty claim.
Last edited by LoRNiKoN; Oct 01, 2017 at 03:07 AM.
Oct 01, 2017, 03:04 AM

Fantastic

When I first purchased this frame I had heard horror stories of them not replacing the aluminum parts and only the carbon so I steered away for awhile but after researching the actual warranty I found that it all was covered. I had my first experience with the warranty claim process when one of the arms started to delaminate and I followed the very easy process that was detailed on the website and I got a quick reply and was happy to see that they would replace my bottom plate and all I had to do was pay for shipping. I love my chameleon and it flies amazing.
Oct 01, 2017, 03:07 AM
Armattans warranty is the best... they replace stuff you crash with a picture and no non sense.

I made about 5 claims now and every single time they dealt with me accodingy. Trying to hustle armattan for free shut doesn't make sense. He should deal with the BG clones ... might make him happier.
Oct 01, 2017, 03:10 AM
My experience so far has been good. I followed the instructions on their website with a picture of the quad still unassembled, arrow pointing to the broken part with a handwritten note with the 6 info required. I also attached a pdf of my original frame order when I made purchase from Armattan as proof of purchase and its authenticity. Got a reply within a day with the code for the replacement part. Just perfect no drama at all.

I've already placed an order for the replacement part along with some other stuffs which I wanted to get (to fully utilise the $5 shipping fee) and am now waiting for it's arrival.

As for the metal parts, i have bent my rear mounting standoff from a crash but that was easily bended back. Even if I were to break it, I could still use my own 20mm standoffs as a temporary replacement. But it still works well securing my vtx antenna and led.

It's my first Armattan frame and I have been breaking China frames before that and It was getting frustrating. I'm glad that I have one now which is fully warrantied and am now looking forward to their next fully warrantied race frame.
Oct 01, 2017, 03:11 AM
Hold up, you only purchased a frame? Why would you expect them to replace the HD cam when you built on their frame? Seems to me that it was your solder joint that failed.

I've always made sure to follow the directions they have for warranty replacement. I've had them warranty a top plate and multiple main plates from a single frame purchase. It's been so painless that I also purchased a pre-built chameleon from them. Honestly I've had nothing but good experiences with Armattan's warranty process.

Maybe I should have asked for a battery pad when I broke my top plate but I figure I've gotten more than my moneys worth at this point.
Last edited by Undertool; Oct 01, 2017 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Added photos.
Oct 01, 2017, 03:11 AM
I recently had a boo boo with my chameleon, She broke an arm (taken a lot of hard knocks). I emailed off my pictures and information and within approximately 5 hours later i had confirmation of my claim. It was easy no problems at all.
Oct 01, 2017, 03:16 AM
Master of Disaster
Weird. I've bought 3-4 frames from Armattan.
One of the frames I traded Chris for a LaForge module here via RCG.
Chris and myself ironed out the trade and both parties came out pretty happy from the deal.

Well,months and months later i sold the frame to a co-worker who really liked the tough,ruggedness, and durability of the F1-5 Acro Pod and i sold it to that co-worker. He flew fast and hard and finally an arm gave out. No one was surprised at the field at the time when the arm broke because the F1-5 actually made such a loud thud sound into the ground that the four of flying at the field thought it was obliterated. I assured my co-worker not to stress that the quad has a lifetime warranty on it. My friend didn't know or couldn't believe that the Lifetime Warranty would actually carry over to the 2nd owner. At first he urged me to take the photo's of the quad that he snapped on his phone and file the claim for the Lifetime Warranty for his F1-5 Acro Pod. I showed him the page and he was shocked and super stoked at how easy the process is.
Personally i've never had to file a claim with Armattan but after hearing how smooth my co-workers situation went it gives me comfort. Although i know my friend didn't harass,insult,or threaten anyone at Armattan.
Oct 01, 2017, 03:21 AM
Armattan warranty policy is unique at the entire word. I respect their value this is why I decided to buy their product to support a company like them.

I have broken my Chameleon's arm, emailed Armattan to claim the warranty. They asked for a picture which shows the damage (the warranty process is well defined and available at Armattan's website ) and they sent me a replacement part in no time! - This type of customer service is unique and hardly to find the same experience somewhere else.

Thank you Armattan to be awesome!
Oct 01, 2017, 03:29 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
2 sides to a story is always the best approach. I do find it a bit odd that 3 people almost at the same moment zoom in on this thread to show support for Armattan, and 2 have registered the past 24 hours, first post being here, and the other one having only posted 2 message ever, including one here expressing support. And all these message posted within a 15 minute time frame. Could be coïncidence, although some might also consider it somewhat suspicious.

Not accusing anyone, but it is rather unusual, or isn't it?

Edit, make that 4 within a 20 minute time frame, a 3 newly registered. Apparently Armattan has so many strong supporters that many even register an account just to defend the brand. And all without someone asking them to do so, at least I assume that all supporters are here out of their own initiative, not because someone rallied them to home in on this thread. That's amazing brand loyalty, even surpasses the support I've seen for Traxxas in the car subforum.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!

Quick Reply