Realacc Black Spirit 500mm Wingspan EPP FPV - Review - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Realacc Black Spirit 500mm Wingspan EPP FPV - Review

RCGroups member FlightCrazed has another great review for everyone on RCGroups! Check out the Realacc Black Spirit!

Splash

Specs

• Brand name: Realacc
  • Item name: Black Spirit
  • Weight: 53grams
  • Flying Weight: 135g (using recommended parts)
  • Wingspan: 500MM
  • Length: 430MM

Recommended Parts (Not included)

• Motor: 1306 KV4000
  • ESC: 10-12A
  • Battery: 2S 400-500mah
  • Servo: 4.3-5g
  • Propeller: 5030

Violent Configuration

• Motor: 1806 KV4000
  • ESC: 12A
  • Battery: 2S 800mah
  • Servo: 5g
  • Propeller: 5030

Features

• EPP material, nice and durable.
  • 500mm wingspan, convenient to carry,
  • Plano-convex aerofoil, large lift force, easy to control.
  • Trapezoidal design airplane surface, fast reaction, stable flight, can reach 60-70km/h.
  • Perfect cabin design, can built-in equipment, beautiful and protective.
  • Note: This item does not include any electronic devices.

Package Includes

1x Black Spirit 500mm Wingspan EPP RC Airplane KIT

Assembly

The build is pretty straight forward, I used hot glue, made sure everything fit right first, then spread a thin layer of hot glue on and put the three pieces together. The hatches I also used hot glue to attach.

My Setup

• Motor : emax 1306/4000kv
  • Prop : gemfan 5x3
  • Battery : 2s/ 800mah
  • Servos : hxt 900 servos

Time to take her for a flight!

For the maiden I didn't have the CG set quite right, after a few tries I got it where she settled in. It's right at 85mm.

spirit 500 (5 min 21 sec)

Here is my first fpv flight with the spirit 500, it was a lot of fun. This is my first wing so I wasn't sure what to expect. It was quite fun!

Spirit 500 first fpv flight (4 min 59 sec)

Over all this is a fun little plane, the only challenge is getting all the gear to fit in the hatches, I'll be hanging on to mine to fly around the park next door. Thanks to Banggood for a great product! Here is a link to order : https://m.banggood.com/Realacc-Black...p-1156756.html

Reviewed by : Thom "Flightcrazed" Daniels

Last edited by FlightCrazed; Sep 28, 2017 at 11:14 AM..
Oct 01, 2017, 11:11 AM
Bring it Down!!
I forgot to put in some finished pics of the build, so I'll post them here..
Oct 06, 2017, 07:49 PM
"Come and take it B'yatch"

Cc3d

You should use a cc3d atom without the case for active stabilization in FPV mode, your video won't be so jerky due to it getting bounced around. I use them for stabilization in all my FPV planes. Very small, and using libre pilot to configure, it is very simple.
Detailed instructions can be found on YouTube. Search Painless 360 he makes great videos
Oct 09, 2017, 05:57 AM
Bring it Down!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashted
You should use a cc3d atom without the case for active stabilization in FPV mode, your video won't be so jerky due to it getting bounced around. I use them for stabilization in all my FPV planes. Very small, and using libre pilot to configure, it is very simple.
Detailed instructions can be found on YouTube. Search Painless 360 he makes great videos
Thanks, I'll look into it. I'm really new to fpv, so still plenty to learn.