Aug 05, 2019, 07:09 PM
indywestrc & viehercfliers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregertman
Suds are you coming to the Martin fly in this week end and bringing your 95 extra?
Negative, trailer needs new leaf springs.
One broke a couple miles from home returning from Hoverpalooza this past weekend. Thankful that I was able to limp home.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2019, 07:14 PM
Dam that sucks
Aug 05, 2019, 08:34 PM
Suds If you make it out minus your trailer you are more then welcome to fly my crap. I was just over at the Martin field yesterday. Chad had to park his boat and car outside because the whole garage is filled with fireworks and explosives So that along with the dang near perfect weather that we are supposed to have should make it a great time.
Aug 06, 2019, 06:36 PM
I am thinking about the Hobby wing ubec 25A. I notice four inputs and four outputs. Does this mean that you can only connect four servos to the unit or do you just connect one lead from the ubec to the receiver and leave all the servos connected to the receiver. Also do you wire the input to the forty four volts from the two lipos or do you wire it for twenty two volts from one lipo. I am unable to find a wiring diagram.
Aug 06, 2019, 08:01 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
From what I can see, there are two inputs. One is listed as the main input (3S~18S LiPo (9V~80V) and a back-up (1S~2S LiPo (/3-9V).

And from what I can see, there are four 'inputs' that come from the receiver to the UBEC and then four outputs to the servos. Then from what I can see this splits the servo power from the receiver power It can also be used as a 'standard' BEC with output leads going to the receiver and then normal output from the receiver to the servos. I would suggest at least two heavy duty servo leads from the UBEC to the receiver if used in the latter method.

SteveT.
Last edited by SteveT.; Aug 09, 2019 at 12:42 AM.
Aug 06, 2019, 09:10 PM
OK Steve. I understand. Thanks
Aug 09, 2019, 12:20 AM
Correct Steve. I have two of those BECs. Four servos have their power directly from the Ubec, the rest from the receiver. I am not sure if this BEC is strong enough for the 95 if connected to 12S. I had one connected to one 7S in my Pau Edge 105, it was not enough for 7 Servos, then two connected to 14S, the Servo Power did not feel much better. Next is to compare with actual batteries (no BEC).
Aug 09, 2019, 12:42 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Thank for verifying that Olivier..

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My shop....
Aug 13, 2019, 03:28 PM
How do you balance your 95 prior to the maiden.
Aug 13, 2019, 03:46 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I was not at all scientific about it...

I put my equipment where suggested in the manual, then I put my batteries back against the wingtube and flew. It was nearly perfect.
Aug 13, 2019, 07:19 PM
San Antonio TX.
Same here.

Bob
Aug 16, 2019, 11:08 AM
"I will return" Federico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails
I was not at all scientific about it...

I put my equipment where suggested in the manual, then I put my batteries back against the wingtube and flew. It was nearly perfect.
I usually do a careful weight and balance check in AutoCAD, but on this one, since I made few modifications, I did just like you. Flies great.

Here is a write up on the latest contest this bird flew in, and how it performed against 42% gas giants.
Sep 04, 2019, 10:14 AM
Hey All,

I have a good deal on a 95" airframe...would need to take delivery in Denver or nearby as I do not have the box.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Electric-Extra

Dave

Quick Reply