H-King Voltigeur MkII 3D EPO Aerobatic Plane - RC Groups

H-King Voltigeur MkII 3D EPO Aerobatic Plane

The H-King Voltigeur came out at the beginning of the year and it's a great sport/3D plane. Hobby King made some improvements and now the model is available in the MkII.

Splash

The Voltigeur MkII is Ready to Play!

The H-King Voltigeur came out at the beginning of the year and it's a great sport/3D plane. Hobby King made some improvements and now the model is available in the MkII. The color scheme is the same, but there are some welcome changes to the model that you're sure to love. The motor has been upgraded to provide 1900g of thrust while running cooler than before and it now comes with a larger 45A ESC. They changed the servos to metal gear versions and beefed up the servo arms to better handle the extreme stress of large control throws and aggressive maneuvers. They also tweaked the landing gear design with carbon fiber legs. Even though the trim schemes are the same, with the MkII they are factory applied so you can get flying faster. The H-King Voltigeur MkII is available right now for $166.08.

Features:

• EPO foam lightweight construction
  • Large control surfaces for extreme 3D flying
  • New powerful motor with 1900g of thrust on 3S
  • High-speed metal gear servos
  • Ball link control horns
  • Better servo horns
  • Large easy to access battery hatch
  • Composite glass fiber wing tube
  • Carbon Fiber landing gear with lightweight wheels
  • High strength nylon wing bolts
  • Factory applied decals
  • Scale pilot figure

Specs:

• Wingspan: 1220mm (48")
  • Length: 1280mm (50")
  • Take off Weight: 1500g (approx)
  • Motor: 4028 1000KV Brushless outrunner
  • ESC: 45A w/ 3A BEC
  • Prop: 13 x 6.5

Requires:

• 1 x Minimum 4-6 channel transmitter and receiver
  • 1 x 3S Lipo battery 2200~2600mAh 45-65c

Check out the H-King Voltigeur MkII 3D EPO Aerobatic Plane here

Sep 27, 2017, 03:08 PM
I'm in!
Sep 27, 2017, 03:22 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
The trim scheme is nice. Looks like they're finally learning that blue/orange with giant brand stickers has gone out of vogue.
Sep 27, 2017, 03:53 PM
When HK will bring the Skywing or Future Model PP type planes?
EPP are out of fashion...
Sep 30, 2017, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fern
When HK will bring the Skywing or Future Model PP type planes?
EPP are out of fashion...
This is molded EPO, not sheeted EPP.
Oct 02, 2017, 09:26 AM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
May I use it with 4S, out of the box?
Oct 06, 2017, 07:47 PM

loose servo extension cable

Just a quick heads up.
I took delivery of one of these today and while all looked good on initial checking, I later decided to install a receiver to check out/calibrate the motor and thought I would also test the elevator and rudder servos at the same time.
As soon as I tried to connect one of the tail servos the pre-fitted extension lead became detached from the servo lead, thinking that perhaps I had pulled a little firmly on the lead I tried a very slight tug on the remaining lead and it became detached from the servo lead instantly, almost with little to no force.
No big deal as long as you are aware of this, although I will have to remove the tail servos to re attach the extension cables more securely and then re-feed the cables down inside the fuselage.
Oct 07, 2017, 11:48 AM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
I get mine Voltigeue MKII yesterday, this afternoon I finished.
I get some fast pictures for you, I hope you’ll enjoy.

I replaced the spinner, just too little in my opinion, with one 57mm diameter and lighter wells.
Just gor my joke, I add some extra vinyl cuted adesive labels I got arrond the workbench.
Off course the delivered acessory are nice too, you will sure apreciate the delivered unibal control roads.
CG at 85mm from L/E .
Some 4S 2200 mAh are just charged.

Tomorrow maiden flight, will come.
Oct 08, 2017, 01:52 PM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Friends!
It's one great 3D performer.

I not tested the SFGs,
but I already love it!
Oct 10, 2017, 10:23 PM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Michael Vargo with the VOLTIGEUR, I suppose one preview test V2 by carbon undercarriage.
Tank you Michael!

Michael Wargo Flies the H-King Voltigeur 3D EPO Aerobatic Plane 1220mm (48") (PNF) (5 min 45 sec)
Oct 11, 2017, 10:23 AM
Stock 1000kv motor and 13inch prop must be pulling close to 45A on 3S let alone 4S!
Oct 11, 2017, 02:40 PM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
In the box there is one plastic 13X 6,5 and I use it with 4S,
I not know how many Amperes with 4S it get.
But the trust is really great.
I get 5 minutes long 3D flight, without squeezing my battery, 3.75volts rest on battery .

The motor and ESC is mystery type for me, sorry.
Yesterday, 11:35 AM
Mine arrived some days ago, just finished, not fly it yet.
Name: IMG_20171018_144027.jpg
Views: 2
Size: 131.5 KB
Description:
Some details for complete a beautiful fotos.
The assembly leaves much to be desired. Wing lower panels glued bad, going out of the wing profile and drowning under it.
Name: IMG_20171018_165640.jpg
Views: 2
Size: 109.4 KB
Description:
I find one servo arm glued to lower wing panel. Servo arm cutouts are too small, I've cut it for about 10mm.
Name: IMG_20171018_165718.jpg
Views: 1
Size: 124.8 KB
Description:
Servo bays are shamelessly open, I was forced to cover it. Decals (stickers) are too thick and detach on leading edge of a stab, aileron horns and fuse bottom. Chineses glue stickers by foam glue ! I fix it with a transparent tape.
Name: IMG_20171018_165755.jpg
Views: 1
Size: 107.3 KB
Description:
Ball links are too tight, was largened by reamer. Wheels are too small, will be replased by 60mm ones. One of two landing gear dented nuts has a damaged threat. Fuse was dropped to fin, has a wrinkles. Control horns are too fimsy for my taste and control surfaces hasn't any reinforcement under horns.
Well, that's all?
NO!
Servos are pretty quick and strong. I disassemble a motor to check it - all magnets are epoxy glued without spaces behind them and a bell seems to be balanced - I find a blue mastic on it. Lot of power.
This time it's all, let's to see it fly...
Last edited by Romushok; Yesterday at 11:41 AM.
Yesterday, 11:27 PM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Scotch is always a must!!!