Aug 09, 2019, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esp1
It is probably because of the F4 flight controller. S.Port is inverted. F4 controllers usually only have inversion on the S.Bus port. You have to find a spot on the XSR-M where you can get the uninverted signal. Check out this page: https://oscarliang.com/uninverted-sb...sky-receivers/
I thought you could use the softserial to do this within betaflight, did I misunderstand that?

If it comes to soldering stupid stuff onto the receiver, there's already a pad to pickup RSSI the old fashioned way, and that's the only thing I really wanted (not sure what else smartport even does for me offhand). I'd much rather hit a pad (tiny as it is), than some random pin (just sucks, since then it's no longer nice and easy plug and play on the receiver).
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 09:24 AM
Really odd thing happened here.
Been flying this quad for a good year. Prolly close to 100 flights.
I got an alarm from the Turnigy Evo warning that only 2.9v was at the RX... Checked it and then all other pads and all 5v pads are putting out only 3v.
Stumped here.

Otherwise, is it possible to hookup to the 5v USB connector?
I see two connections that are unmarked. Spose I could hook them up to my multimeter but wanna ask ahead of this so as to avoid magic sm.. you know what I mean.
Last edited by iksobarg; Aug 19, 2019 at 10:01 AM.
Aug 19, 2019, 01:39 PM

would someone pls explain the current and rssi pads

would someone pls explain the current and rssi pads?
Aug 19, 2019, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksobarg
would someone pls explain the current and rssi pads?
The current pad is for the input from an external current sensor (whether that be from a separate current sensor or, from one integrated on some 4-in-1 ESCs) .

The RSSI pad is the input pad for analogue RSSI output from some receivers.
Last edited by Temporal Flux; Aug 19, 2019 at 02:24 PM.
Sep 07, 2019, 08:32 AM

pids cli dump

hi all
ive just bought one and i have a question hoping some one can help me i flashed my quad with the new beta flight and it turned into a rocket then ive tried the betaflights oldest version which is 3.4 2018 not that good so now i am trying to flash with albert kims cli file which is a 2017 3.2 file and betaflight doesnt apear to recognize the file it loads up but dont save ? any help tips please hm or better still an upto date cli dump
thanks
Sep 28, 2019, 03:30 AM

VTX Options

Interested to see if anyone has tried this VTX https://www.hglrc.com/collections/fp...-in-microphone ?
I've fried at least 4 of the TX20 VTX cause of the really dodgy antenna connection, even after trying foam wedged between the top plate, hot glue and whatever else - crazy frustrating, as before you realise the antenna has become disconnected ts too late!
Had a crack at connecting a little TBS Unify from my Diatone 90 Rabbit, but ridiculous noise once throttling up. Even added a capacitor and still no good. Grrrrrr
Any other suggestions apart from the one listed above - looks like it has a far sturdier and reliable connector.
Cheers MJB
Sep 28, 2019, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash247
hi all
ive just bought one and i have a question hoping some one can help me i flashed my quad with the new beta flight and it turned into a rocket then ive tried the betaflights oldest version which is 3.4 2018 not that good so now i am trying to flash with albert kims cli file which is a 2017 3.2 file and betaflight doesnt apear to recognize the file it loads up but dont save ? any help tips please hm or better still an upto date cli dump
thanks
Did you restore some old dump into it?
I set 4.0 up from scratch and have no issues.
Check out community presets too (3" Quad - 14xx-15xx Motors section).
Sep 29, 2019, 07:41 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJayB
Interested to see if anyone has tried this VTX https://www.hglrc.com/collections/fp...-in-microphone ?
I've fried at least 4 of the TX20 VTX cause of the really dodgy antenna connection, even after trying foam wedged between the top plate, hot glue and whatever else - crazy frustrating, as before you realise the antenna has become disconnected ts too late!
Had a crack at connecting a little TBS Unify from my Diatone 90 Rabbit, but ridiculous noise once throttling up. Even added a capacitor and still no good. Grrrrrr
Any other suggestions apart from the one listed above - looks like it has a far sturdier and reliable connector.
Cheers MJB

Does the Unify have the anti ripple board installed? That should fix the noise, afaik.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Oct 02, 2019, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJayB
Cheers MJB
Hi mate, I far prefer the MMCX antenna connection to an Ipex or UFL, they are more sturdy.

I did have one fail on a hard crash but it was the plug that sheared, and not the socket.

I was able to resolder a new PCB mounted socket from AliExpress as they are handy to have spare. So I was able to save the VTX!

I would Strongly Recommend the AKK FX3 Ultimate as the best 20x20 VTX and it has BOTH a UFL and MMCX connector and outputs up to 600mW.

I have this VTX on a long range Acrobrat build with a Realacc UXii with right-angled MMCX, and this gives me a fantastic image with no break ups or colour flashes all the way to 1km.

Thats as far as I'm able to get on one battery.

Whichever you choose to go for, if weight permits, get a longer antenna pigtail than you need. This lets you make an extra loop or bend in the antenna cable to absorb the shock from an impact, and prevent the connector from movement.

AKK FX3 Ultimate though for the win
Oct 12, 2019, 09:05 PM

VTX Options

Thanks for the alternative..I'll certainly keep the AKK in mind for the next replacement. I ended up getting the HGLRC VTX with MMCX connection and am happy with the change. That type of antenna connection is far more secure! I would never go back. I have run probably 20 packs with this VTX and very little break up, I have to admit though I do generally only venture a distance the length of a football field, using the Eachine EV800D goggles. Had one hard crash where the antenna popped off but that wasn't surprising. Due to the form of the connection, can quite easily see when it comes off unlike the UFL. I ended up purchasing a MMCX antenna with a 90 degree connection which allows the antenna to poke perfectly through the round cut out hole on the XJB frame without having to modify anything - stoked. If you run with the straight antenna the buzzer on the XJB is in the way, so you have to slide it lower down the frame to avoid conflict.

If you're a bit of a kook at flying like myself that hits the ground regularly then I would strongly recommend this VTX or at least one with the MMCX.
Oct 21, 2019, 06:55 PM
Toycar racer
got some plans to rip out my xjb guts and put em in another frame that'll require putting them side by side like a dual stack.

Does anyone have any links or suggestions for connecting the FC and ESC, since they use pins in the center of the FC and ESC to connect them?
Oct 28, 2019, 08:32 AM
Shot from two x145s (one Caddx Turtle, the other with stock cam)
Was darn windy in the beginning... nearly got blown away o.O
2019 Parpan Rothorn in Lenzerheide FPV (4 min 26 sec)
Oct 28, 2019, 09:01 AM
I'm man like flight as a bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksobarg
Shot from two x145s (one Caddx Turtle, the other with stock cam)
Was darn windy in the beginning... nearly got blown away o.O
https://youtu.be/39-9NuYFmcw
Graet, nice footage Bro !

Quick Reply