Sep 26, 2017, 03:39 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Top 7 best drones under $200 - ( with a brushless surprise under $100)

Hello guys,

I'm going to post here a quick list of my top drones( only 4 of them) with their advantages and disadvantages.

If you want to see all 7, here's the link to it:https://dronesgator.com/best-drones-under-200/
Name: best-drones-under-200.jpg
Views: 1474
Size: 130.7 KB
Description:

The article above also has a guide on how to pick a drone (including things like brushless motors and battery life).

Here are my top 4 drones for a tighter budget:

Name: bugs-3-with-go-pro.jpg
Views: 1475
Size: 32.6 KB
Description:
1.MJX BUGS 3 - my favorite action cam drone under $100

Yes, it's under $100 on some websites like gearbest.

Pluses:
  • It has powerful Brushless motors (amazing thing at this price)
  • Great battery life (I always get over 15 minutes)
  • It's pretty damn speedy ( It can easily work as a beginner racing drone to start people with the hobby)
  • It can carry a GO pro Hero 3 or any action camera of that size and the image is very stable for no gimbal
  • It can do awesome flips (with the camera on it)

Minuses:
  • I would say the fact that it has no GPS (But that's no real problem at $100)
  • Can't be connected to a hobby grade controller
  • Can't fly in other modes like acro and so on.

Name: WLToys-Q696-A-1.jpg
Views: 1469
Size: 15.9 KB
Description:
2.WLToys Q696 A - 2 axis gimbal on a drone under $200?

Yes indeed. It has brushed motors, indeed, but powerful ones. And the advantage of the brushed motors is that they are very cheap and easy to replace.

Pluses:
  • Very stable footage compared to other drones
  • Full HD camera included
  • Has altitude hold for more stable flight patterns
  • A VERY BIG PLUS: the camera can be moved up and down from the controller (rare to find at this price).

Minuses:
  • Camera is not replaceable, so you have to stick with what you have
  • The brushed motors mean less power, so you have to fly it slower.

Name: aosenma.jpg
Views: 1447
Size: 20.9 KB
Description:
3.AOSENMA CG035 - Best GPS Follow Drone for GO Pro/action cam

We're talking very good GPS here AND a follow the remote mode that works great
A camera with gimbal can be attached to it, but the disadvantage is that it will make the price go over $200...

Pluses:
  • If you attach a gimbal with action camera you'll basically have a Phantom 3 level drone at your command.
  • The follow me mode works very well
  • Brushless motors are powerful and hold for a long time.
  • The controller, this time, actually is closer to hobby grade in quality and is very usable.

Minuses:
  • The price will go up after you buy a gimbal and camera
  • There's a version that comes with a camera included but it kinda sucks.

3.Hubsan h501S - Best all in one under 200?
Name: hubsan-h501s.jpg
Views: 1400
Size: 22.8 KB
Description:
This Hubsan drone is very popular and for good reasons. It has included a full HD camera and has many adition functions for a super convenient price.

Pluses:
  • GPS works very well.
  • Long batery life (over 16 minutes)
  • Huge range (over 1km)
  • Auto Return to home

Minuses:
  • camera is not stabilized
  • camera can't be changed

Thanks for reading guys. Remember, to see all the 7 drones I picked go here: https://dronesgator.com/best-drones-under-200/

Do you have any favorite RTF(ready to fly drones) under $200?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2017, 09:55 PM
For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would fool around with all these husband bangtoys when they can get a real Parrot Bebop 1 refirb for $159 and sometimes less than that (two of mine were less than $120). GPS, RTH, good electronically stabilized 1080p camera, on screen display of all data which gets stored in the cloud and available post flight in nice graphical format. FPV or map view (your choice) that you can switch back and forth while flying, "Flight Plan" which enables you to plan and fly autonomous missions as far as the battery will allow. Plentiful and cheap spare parts, good cheap batteries (12-13 min $22, 15-17 min $29). A common cheap wifi extender will allow you to fly 2 km and sometimes even further than that. And with a stock battery it weighs just 14 oz so it is much less of a threat than some others. Sorry for the rant. I just don't think everyone knows how capable this machine is.
Sep 27, 2017, 08:26 AM
+1 for Bebop
Sep 28, 2017, 10:21 AM
fools? at least i'm honest :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasbro
For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would fool around with all these husband bangtoys when they can get a real Parrot Bebop 1 refirb for $159 and sometimes less than that (two of mine were less than $120). GPS, RTH, good electronically stabilized 1080p camera, on screen display of all data which gets stored in the cloud and available post flight in nice graphical format. FPV or map view (your choice) that you can switch back and forth while flying, "Flight Plan" which enables you to plan and fly autonomous missions as far as the battery will allow. Plentiful and cheap spare parts, good cheap batteries (12-13 min $22, 15-17 min $29). A common cheap wifi extender will allow you to fly 2 km and sometimes even further than that. And with a stock battery it weighs just 14 oz so it is much less of a threat than some others. Sorry for the rant. I just don't think everyone knows how capable this machine is.
perhaps not everyone comfort to control they drone with a mobile phone/tablet
Sep 28, 2017, 01:23 PM
Check the Bebop thread to see how various are the choices... a top gamepad like Moga offers a better user experience than the stock radios that comes with these under $200 machines.
Oct 26, 2017, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasbro
For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would fool around with all these husband bangtoys when they can get a real Parrot Bebop 1
I am actually taking a long hard look at the Bebop 1, there is so much to like about it such as you mentioned. My big red flags with it are the wifi and the camera. Perhaps in the later version of FFP the wifi disconnect issues have been mitigated (I don't know), but I have seen reviews were it lost connect feet away from the phone, and when this occurred it did not always go to RTH failsafe, but sometimes would just hover (not optimal), or take off in a weird direction (bad!). It seems flying it with a flypad or PS3 controller does help out a lot vs flying from a phone though. While the stabilization on the camera looks phenomenal, the 30fps ruins it for me as the judder gets very distracting. Also because of the stabilization, on fast pans the image locks in very abruptly and robotically. I understand we can't be comparing it to a DJI Inspire.. but these niggles give me pause.
Oct 26, 2017, 04:45 PM
Return to home works very well on the bebop as long as you have gps lock before you take off. Video performance is very good with the latest firmware updates. Much better than that old ratchet yaw video when it first came out. I've got a sky controller but I prefer to fly with a big tablet and a wifi extender from inside my van. The bebop 1's biggest weakness is wind. It is susceptible to being blown temporarily sideways by a gust of crosswind. You can counter that by crabbing into the wind when flying manually. I wouldn't recommend long range flight plans unless the wind is in single digits. Here's a sample:
Parrot Bebop 1 Super Long Range Flight Plan (6 min 3 sec)
Oct 27, 2017, 02:22 AM
Never experienced such kind of disconnections... should be a very weak wifi phone...
Anyway, usage of a range extender is mandatory, and give you a so nice 8-900 meters range, matching the battery life.
Oct 27, 2017, 05:00 AM
Thanks Chasbro and renatoa! good news .. thanks!
Oct 29, 2017, 05:04 AM
Come to the dark side and get yourself a 250 racer, learn acro and really have some fun with a quad. I understand some want to gently take glorious pictures from up high but there is so much more that this quadcopter platform can do.
Oct 29, 2017, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLderDan
Come to the dark side and get yourself a 250 racer, learn acro and really have some fun with a quad. I understand some want to gently take glorious pictures from up high but there is so much more that this quadcopter platform can do.
o! OLderDan .. i tried.. i have a Eachine Falcon 180 (granted even in it's day not a great quad, especially stock), been in the air less than 30 seconds total. The thing scares the crap out of me. For me it's fine to be flying around with a plastic chassis, brushed or even brushless motors (I also have a Bugs3), but add the carbon fiber frame and I start to freak out. Flying 300g of angry props and carbon fiber at +50mph and mistakes can do real damage.. there may be a day i feel confident enough. Also i am an older guy and never was much good at the quick response video games of yore..
Dec 08, 2017, 08:49 AM
Well, I received my Bebop 1 .. and i am thunderstruck.. THIS IS AN AMAZING DRONE!
Dec 14, 2017, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by korakora
perhaps not everyone comfort to control they drone with a mobile phone/tablet
I looked at the price of BG, it does not match the one you call now! As of 14.12.2017. the price is about 600 USD!
Dec 14, 2017, 05:57 AM
[QUOTE=Chasbro;38350890]For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would fool around with all these husband bangtoys when they can get a real Parrot Bebop 1 refirb for $159"
The price you refer to this product is not true: on aliexpress it costs 615 USD!: о
Dec 14, 2017, 06:51 AM
Supplies are (finally) starting to dry up, but if they're still some there if you look around. Techrabbit has some for $99.

Quick Reply