Sep 09, 2019, 08:43 AM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
Gee bhoov...ya makin me blush.

Post pics of your Stranger Things Axial, man! That is a work of art!
Here are the two I shot with faskolor paints with airbrush.

The Cherokee is an SCX10-II kit version, the Stranger Things Blazer is on a Gen7 Pro chassis.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 09, 2019, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
Here are the two I shot with faskolor paints with airbrush.

The Cherokee is an SCX10-II kit version, the Stranger Things Blazer is on a Gen7 Pro chassis.
Damn! I forgot how great both of those look! Great pics! Excellent work!
Sep 09, 2019, 09:06 PM
You've really got that wheel cranked on the Blazer. In stock form it sure doesn't do that.
Sep 09, 2019, 11:07 PM
Very nice! They both look very scale.
Sep 18, 2019, 05:59 AM
I've mentioned before that there is a pretty active Gen 7 group on *acebook. The common theme is chopping up the body or replacing it. It becomes obvious why so many stock Pro bodies end up in our Classifieds or on *acebook Marketplace. I guess it also caters to a younger crowd as some of what I see is pretty infantile. One thing that many stress is the need for the portal axles. Do any here have them and why are they that much better than stock? I found this on the Redcat site. It also comes with a slipper assembly with new gearing and shock mount adapter plates:

https://www.teamredcatshop.com/store...les-11289.html
Sep 18, 2019, 06:55 AM
The main function of portal axles is higher ground clearance. They are stock on the Gen 8.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:01 PM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
You've really got that wheel cranked on the Blazer. In stock form it sure doesn't do that.
It's a stock Gen7 Pro axle with the CVDs, aluminum C-Hubs and the aluminum Hi-steer kit, all parts are from Redcat.
Sep 18, 2019, 01:06 PM
Custom User Name Title
Portal axles are just the "flavor of the week." They aren't necessary.
Sep 18, 2019, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Portal axles are just the "flavor of the week." They aren't necessary.
Yup.....The extra clearance is nice if going over rocks....if just running trails though...totally not necessary.
Sep 18, 2019, 05:07 PM
Quote:
It's a stock Gen7 Pro axle with the CVDs, aluminum C-Hubs and the aluminum Hi-steer kit, all parts are from Redcat.
Good to know. Mine is the Pro and Iíll get more into mods during the loooooong winter slow time.
Sep 22, 2019, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
I've mentioned before that there is a pretty active Gen 7 group on *acebook. The common theme is chopping up the body or replacing it. It becomes obvious why so many stock Pro bodies end up in our Classifieds or on *acebook Marketplace. I guess it also caters to a younger crowd as some of what I see is pretty infantile. One thing that many stress is the need for the portal axles. Do any here have them and why are they that much better than stock? I found this on the Redcat site. It also comes with a slipper assembly with new gearing and shock mount adapter plates:

https://www.teamredcatshop.com/store...les-11289.html
I checked out and joined the FB page. I see what you mean about all the modified bodies and lifted trucks. Iím always trying to get the weight down low, so the first thing I ditched was the body

Quote:
Yup.....The extra clearance is nice if going over rocks....if just running trails though...totally not necessary.
Thatís only what I do - climb rocks and other obstacles. My rig is not set up for trail running. Top speed is around 3mph. I love the portals and the extra clearance I get from them.
Sep 22, 2019, 10:48 PM
A few picks from todayís adventure.
Sep 23, 2019, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgnfg
A few picks from todayís adventure.
That's really cool! You set up that rock trail?
Sep 23, 2019, 05:53 AM
Nice looking rig, but you forgot to install the snorkel.
Sep 23, 2019, 07:39 AM
Quote:
That's really cool! You set up that rock trail?
Thanks. No, ironically itís one of six piles of rocks at work that I never paid attention to. I think it will be my new lunch spot. This oneís under a tree too.

Quick Reply