Looking for high speed coupler - RC Groups
Sep 25, 2017, 11:12 AM

Looking for high speed coupler

Hey guys.

I am looking for an ideas for a high speed coupler for my water jet system that I have been working on. I have a 2mm shaft that I am looking to attach to a 3.17mm brushless motor. I have some rubber couplers that I am using at the moment, but they top out at about 18000rpm. I am looking to crank the engines up to about 25/28k and with that the rubber can't take it, and vibrate.

Has anyone seen anything that could work?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 25, 2017, 07:46 PM
i need something with a flexibility of the coupler. I can't get the motor and shaft aligned perfectly since the jets are so close to the hull.

Thanks for the ideas. Any others?
Sep 25, 2017, 10:16 PM
Just Plane Nutts
I know of no flex couplers suitable for high RPM use. Sorry.

Best I can suggest is two rigid couplers with a very short length of flex cable between them. You didn't say what drive you were using.
Sep 26, 2017, 07:59 AM
Love it! Ill do it.
I just ordered a set of Flex cable from eBay and some couplers for them.

I hope this works.
Last edited by HomePort Models; Sep 26, 2017 at 08:27 AM.
Sep 26, 2017, 11:30 AM
Just Plane Nutts
Glad I could help.
Oct 12, 2017, 02:20 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes

High speed coupler?

If you're not happy with the flex shaft...take a look at what I use to couple the weed wacker motor to its gearbox in my Egg Harbor...its a spiral cut stainless steel drum..look up universal joints/ coupler images on google you'll see them...they might be adaptable/ available in your size.

Quick Reply