Furibee DarkMax 220 - The Ultimate Furibee 2xx size? (review, work in progress) - Page 64 - RC Groups
Jan 12, 2018, 11:33 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
What protocol did you use on the Jumper?
to remove ads between posts
Jan 12, 2018, 01:47 PM
Thijs rc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
What protocol did you use on the Jumper?
frsky. 1915 is my highest throttle.
i typed :status in the CLI and its says its the mincheck so that's the problem.
now my question is what is the best way to set min check below 1100? the vids above doesn't show how its done via the tx.
Jan 12, 2018, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thijs slotman
now my question is what is the best way to set min check below 1100? the vids above doesn't show how its done via the tx.
How To Set Up FrSky Taranis and Betaflight / Cleanflight Configuration (17 min 23 sec)
Jan 12, 2018, 02:04 PM
Thijs rc
ah i have it already, i got it to work! the motors arm now
ill install the props and give it a try tomorrow i will also film everything because you never know
Jan 12, 2018, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thijs slotman

You don't set mincheck on the transmitter. Mincheck is a setting on the FC and is there to ensure your throttle stick is down before arming motors. As long as your throttle value is higher, the FC thinks your stick is not fully down. It doesn't matter if the stick is physically down or not, it's all about the value that the transmitter sends with stick fully down, in your case 1118. Ideally you would like to see the sticks display values between 1000 and 2000 and perfect 1500 at center stick.

This can be done on the transmitter side, adjusting the values that the sticks display at min or max position. Or you can use the rxrange command to translate these values to that perfect situation.

Benefit of doing the adjustment on the transmitter side, is that you likely only have to do it once, and have good settings for other models you bind to it. However, with the T8SG, it takes some getting used to the Devention TX menu structure. So using rxrange command will be faster and have similar result

In your case, that would involve to go to CLI and type

rxrange 0 1118 1915
rxrange 1 1118 1915
rxrange 2 1118 1915
rxrange 3 1118 1915

if all your channels are showing these as values for min and max stick. Then type save and press enter. Next time you connect you should see all channels move between 1000 and 2000.
Jan 12, 2018, 05:27 PM
Battery # 3...wow she really ripped today.!!! I had a coworker with me and his first time seeing the DM and he was in awe!!! But ill be back after a few more batteries

But my led's didnt come on for the 2nd battery. Has anyone had any problems with their led's not working?
Jan 12, 2018, 06:33 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Looks like a neat install, never realized a 650uF would be that big. Would a 25V version have been easier to fit? Or does only the rating of buffering determine the size, and a 470uF would have been easier to install?

Eagerly awaiting your results.
Here they are. The cap does something but it can make you have a false sense of security. Watch the video and see what happens. The problem does still occur, it's just significantly harder to make it happen... of course the issue is, when/if it does happen at the wrong time, you're screwed. Idk what's rattling on it now either i wonder if it's the cap but i hot glued the top and the side of it to the frame. Sorry guys, maybe you'll have better luck than I did with a different cap or whatever. I'm not going to put any more time into trying to make this board + esc combination work. :/ and anyone who does the cap fix please test thoroughly!

DM220 Not Fixed with 680uf 35v cap (5 min 24 sec)
Jan 12, 2018, 08:10 PM
Darn John, I was really hoping that you were on to something. Yes it appears better than before, but still not reliable.
Jan 12, 2018, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
Here they are. The cap does something but it can make you have a false sense of security. Watch the video and see what happens. The problem does still occur, it's just significantly harder to make it happen... of course the issue is, when/if it does happen at the wrong time, you're screwed. Idk what's rattling on it now either i wonder if it's the cap but i hot glued the top and the side of it to the frame. Sorry guys, maybe you'll have better luck than I did with a different cap or whatever. I'm not going to put any more time into trying to make this board + esc combination work. :/ and anyone who does the cap fix please test thoroughly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhh4...ature=youtu.be
There's definitely Improvement is there anyway you can get me a black box log of that?

It doesn't have to be with it flipping out I just need to see what's going on.

Well crap I guess I need to just get mine out this weekend and see what happens with it
It's supposed to be in the 20 so I'm really not too enthusiastic about it
Jan 12, 2018, 09:53 PM
If it is much better with the cap that says you are going in the right direction. That did not look like FOD to me either.
Jan 13, 2018, 01:13 AM
Maybe a 1000uF 25v would be better? Still plenty of headroom when going 4S, right? It does seem less likely to freeze with the cap, that second flight with all the punches, even longer ones, would have triggered the problem for sure with the old setup.

Btw, maybe add to the title the word "square buzzer FC version" as well as add something in the description. So it's clear that this isn't needed on all DM220.
Last edited by SoloProFan; Jan 13, 2018 at 01:20 AM.
Jan 13, 2018, 01:36 AM

All Square buzzer FC s impacted?

Hello,

My DarkMax is still in the mail, but I've been monitoring the thread. One thing I'm not clear on and didn't see answered in my searches....

Do all the DMs with the square buzzer FC suffer from the problem? Or just some of them?

Thx,

Larry
Jan 13, 2018, 01:59 AM
Good testing, John. It's definitely a step in the right direction. There are a few different capacitors on the market to try. The Nichicon they sold you has higher ESR than the Panisonic and the Rubycon. Sometimes it's a matter of finding the right combination of ESR and capacitance. Aside from that there are mods that can be done to the board itself.
Jan 13, 2018, 02:03 AM
All that have been flown and tested on 4cell with the square buzzer on here have had it happen but I would have thought their would be 1000s of people commenting on the DM reviews on yt but their isn't really so I am confused, have a square buzzer and won't risk it because of the hassle I willhave if I have to send it back. I am waiting on a round buzzer which has been sent from anny.
Jan 13, 2018, 04:39 AM
Thijs rc
great.. first test. just going crazy right after take off! then i unplugged the lipo, power it up again i whas able to fly it for 20 sec and then it flipped out aswell :/

Quick Reply