Furibee DarkMax 220 - The Ultimate Furibee 2xx size? (review, work in progress) - Page 5 - RC Groups
Nov 12, 2017, 04:03 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
Added a remark about the updated firmware. And indeed, it's well possible to have more versions of the BF config app. All versions that are manually installed, as shown in the video in the "BetaFlight Blues" topic, will not be automatically updated, and thus remain the same. You can install as many as you want, but often it will be enough to keep 3.1.1 (is 3.1.3 better, I thought it didn't work well with older 3.0.x and 3.1.x firmware? ) and let the 3.2.x auto update by installing it normally.

John, what receiver are you using on this?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2017, 04:31 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
It's the FrSky BnF. It's using some no-name frsky D8 sbus receiver. Not sure about 3.1.3 vs 3.1.1 actually.

I don't blame the rx for my problem though. My darkmax is definitely locking up and crashing. I'm so glad I did a hover test before trying to rip it... depending how it freezes, it will torpedo itself right into the ground while rolling, or just fall flat.

Right now I'm struggling with flashing it and I'm not sure what I'm missing... This just sucks.
Last edited by JohnCC; Nov 12, 2017 at 04:38 AM.
Nov 12, 2017, 06:33 AM
I would just install a XM+ or R-XSR. I don't have much faith in no name FrSky receivers, it could be a short range one, 100 to 150m max perhaps, and/or maybe lock up the sbus and thus the FC. Or maybe draw too much power somehow, and overload the BEC, causing the FC freeze.
Nov 12, 2017, 11:14 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
I was going to change the receiver anyway, but I actually don't have an xm+ or r-xsr on hand at the moment. I wish there was a better way of knowing... and it'd be nice to figure this out for review purposes. I somehow have this bad feeling that the receiver is not the problem with mine, but of course it's not based in any science, and I can't discount the possibility. Worst case scenario if I replace the receiver and it's still doing it, then I have myself a nice genuine rx to use for whatever in the future.

As always, I appreciate your input SoloProFan. I'm getting stuck with some weird problems lately...
Latest blog entry: Drones for Christmas! 🎅
Nov 12, 2017, 11:36 AM
I nearly ordered the Bfight 210, and read about the stock BNF FrSKY receiver being kind of dodgy. Is the one in the DM likely to be the same?
Nov 12, 2017, 12:44 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
I think despite what's happened to me, darkmax is a better quad than bfight in terms of quality. I just ended up with a dud, and yes, the BNF version has this "FrSky Pro" receiver. I just took a look at it to see if it had any markings of brand and here it is. Are these known to be full of problems? Is that also the RX in the BFight 210?

Edit: oh man. Product page for BFight says: BNF FrSky: includes FrSky Pro 8-channel receiver, compatible with D8 mode, support SBUS ( default ) and PPM. 500m receive distance
Nov 12, 2017, 02:55 PM
I would seriously doubt the 500m claim on that "pro" receiver. It looks a lot like the RX2A Pro, which is the FlySky version, maybe only different in firmware, and that gets 150m at best. At least on smaller quads. I had the RX2A on a 140 size with 1306 motors and apparently these made so much electric noise that range was barely 75m till failsafe.
Nov 12, 2017, 03:32 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Same, I think it's BS, I was more just pointing out that the BFight has the same RX that they are shipping on the darkmax.

I'll order an XM+ right now and hope for the best.
Last edited by JohnCC; Nov 12, 2017 at 03:40 PM.
Nov 12, 2017, 11:45 PM

More Anger

[YouTube] FuriBee WIthdrawal shes got the shakes

Gimmie Ma RMA already

Just send me another one that's free from the heroin already and clean
And yea theres a real XM in there no time for that 8 channel unknown Rx

20171111 172449 (0 min 47 sec)

[/YouTube]
Nov 13, 2017, 12:03 PM
youtube.com searchfor socalep1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cprrogrammer
[YouTube] FuriBee WIthdrawal shes got the shakes

Gimmie Ma RMA already

Just send me another one that's free from the heroin already and clean
And yea theres a real XM in there no time for that 8 channel unknown Rx

https://youtu.be/rHR2gRMD3ro
[/YouTube]
did you update the firmware or change any of the settings?

check the board orientation in betaflight, it should be 90 on the yaw axis.
also check your motors to see if they spin up the right way under the motors tab
Nov 13, 2017, 01:55 PM

WHAT Orientation ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danq0
did you update the firmware or change any of the settings?

check the board orientation in betaflight, it should be 90 on the yaw axis.
also check your motors to see if they spin up the right way under the motors tab
OK hold the phone... My Remapping of the Mix from the inputs addressed what I THOUGHT was in error so with no orientation change
I have her responding ( with the stick movements) properly ( Taranis QX 7 )

BUT....your telling me this board ( I didn't notice an arrow stamp on it) (damnit) is actually rotated +90 YAW...

That might explain some of the issues I've been mentioning in my previous posts about it being weird on every start up into betaflight....

lol at motor direction I believe I confirmed that but I will touch and confirm as well.. Thanks for the insight on the rotation along the Yaw axis. Now I'm gonna look at the FC included paper schematic and see if I somehow missed that ...
Nov 13, 2017, 02:29 PM
One of the must do tests on any quad with BetaFlight or similar, is check if the 3D model on the "Setup" tab moves the same way as the real one, when holding it with your hand, and tilting it in various directions. Of it doesn't match, the board orientations needs to be adjusted. Often it's 90 or -90 (or 270, whatever you prefer)
Nov 13, 2017, 06:17 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
One of the must do tests on any quad with BetaFlight or similar, is check if the 3D model on the "Setup" tab moves the same way as the real one, when holding it with your hand, and tilting it in various directions. Of it doesn't match, the board orientations needs to be adjusted. Often it's 90 or -90 (or 270, whatever you prefer)
Yeah, I learned that the hard way with the P180. But that was my fault for forgetting to get a CLI dump of current config. (Which should always be done as well before touching anything).

I should note that I checked my board yaw and it is not set to 90. But mine doesn't exhibit those problems.
Nov 13, 2017, 08:52 PM

Well Yea Duh

maybe it was the other thread but I mentioned that everytime going into BF ( once I finally got in lol ) it acted weird

but ...nooo,, me the I know everything programmer
remapped the damn mix in the Tx so it acted correct ...... Derp

I switched the orientation around a few times but setting it back to all Zeros after the first save seemed to correct everything .. that was even before I re mapped the mix in the taranis... I haven't whipped out the laptop yet just got back from the Gym but I'm curious now I saw the pic of the FC in the start of the thread & I have her mounted so the USB is sticking out correctly damnit if that arrow is facing the wrong way Ill be upset..
alas not the end of the world I got some practice re mapping channels hahahahha .. I hope thats all it is .. I wanna like this quad .

Hey Does anyone else have problems with that stack being so low with battery strap clearance. Those stand offs are SOOO low. I didn't use the "cable" ties they sent as battery straps but now Im starting to wonder ...my battery strap absolutely will not move to accommodate a 3S

DAMNIT !! is it -90 DERP!! Thanks again --->

Last edited by Cprrogrammer; Nov 13, 2017 at 09:21 PM.
Nov 14, 2017, 01:35 AM
Glad you got your orientation figured out. I've also finally added pictures of how I installed the XM+ receiver on mine. Check first posting for the pictures.