Furibee DarkMax 220 - The Ultimate Furibee 2xx size? (review, work in progress) - Page 4 - RC Groups
Nov 11, 2017, 05:00 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
What's wrong here?

DarkMax 220 sudden loss of control/shutdown (1 min 55 sec)

Accelerometer was disabled for those tests, I only had acro mode. Isn't it very strange though that after that happens it will just not allow re-arming or anything? And the USB port is dead to the world... it's as if the entire board crashes. Reboot it, and it's fine again until the next incident which is consistent but "random."
Last edited by JohnCC; Nov 11, 2017 at 06:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 11, 2017, 05:20 PM
Flight board froze
Nov 11, 2017, 05:43 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Ok... so does anyone else here have darkmax with betaflight 3.2.x then? Mine shipped with 3.2.0...
Last edited by JohnCC; Nov 11, 2017 at 06:11 PM.
Nov 11, 2017, 05:44 PM

Wow

Whoops double post sorry ..desktop crashed
Last edited by Cprrogrammer; Nov 11, 2017 at 06:32 PM.
Nov 11, 2017, 06:08 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Cprrogrammer,

Same issue I had earlier today. I changed it to UART6 because this diagram interestingly lists it as "RX6", whereas "RX1" is labeled for DSMX. Yet the provided instructions state that UART1 should be used for DSM2/DSMX/SBUS/IBUS.... anyway, with UART6 my receiver problems were resolved. Very clearly after seeing this diagram I saw my frsky RX was plugged into "RX6", so no wonder it worked...

The input channels being wrong is pretty common issue unfortunately across many models. I always have to change AETR1234 to TAER1234. For a frsky "bind and fly" this should have been been already set properly to the typical assignments you get when a new model is setup in Taranis. But it wasn't.

What version of betaflight did yours ship with?
Latest blog entry: Drones for Christmas! 🎅
Nov 11, 2017, 06:30 PM

Seeing alot of issues

Thread is growing quickly I am also seeing some odd performance issues with this monster. UART 1 just wouldn't give me any love neither would 3 however I got sticks and switches with UART6 ( What the HELL )

note I copied a working model in my Taranis QX7 and replaced the FrSky clone Rx they sent with a REAL FrSky XM receiver just like on the source quad I copied the model from .

Inputs and Mix was soo off I had to remove all the mapping in Mix and evaluate it from scratch..... so I got my crap all mapped up but while adding the battery strap for a hover text I killed one of their Odd scaled standoffs and had to replace the whole bottom tier of standoffs because theirs was an odd height.

So shes wiggly with strong vibrations no hover .. as If motors were configured incorrectly or in my haste I mis propped her ... ( or re doing that instrument tier something isn't aligned but I was smart enough to re balance her before trying the hover text soo ... Yeea I dunno on that one ...

every time into beta flight the orientation is mis aligned until I save a alteration to one of the axis save reboot and correct it again. Assuredly something is gravely wrong here If they agree to swap her out Ill take a replacement on RMA .... can anyone post the default PIDs she ships with I would appreciate it . I just took the props off and fired her up with a 3S -- motors got hot in just a minute or two or messing around Yea strong jitters dont go away until past mid throttle or strong roll left .
Nov 11, 2017, 06:37 PM

Shipped BF Version on FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
Cprrogrammer,

What version of betaflight did yours ship with?
I fired up my laptop for you 3.2.0 I was curious as well ...

Sad how placing the NORMAL small standoffs at the base tier forces the buzzer right up against the carbon ( or whatever it is ) canopy .
Yes the standoffs they ship are smaller than the ones I've got in all of my replacement nylon parts kits .

I'm now wondering if thats might be the cause of my jittering shes all squeezed in there too tight
Nov 11, 2017, 06:42 PM
Quote:
I've attached a copy of the stock BTFL 3.2.0 config for reference with UART6 enabled as well since they are obviously shipping newer models with 3.2.0 before I go screwing around with anything else.
Oh Cool I could try to decipher the default PIDs from that file you dumped although a picture would be easier.

Or I could save mine load yours take a screen shot then load mine back

lol lazy programmer
Nov 11, 2017, 07:37 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
3.2.0 PIDs.

I don't seem to have the jitters you describe.
Nov 11, 2017, 07:57 PM
youtube.com searchfor socalep1
Quote:
Ok... so does anyone else here have darkmax with betaflight 3.2.x then? Mine shipped with 3.2.0...
mine came with 3.1.7 where i noticed sort of a stutter after a flip or roll.... actually it may have occurred randomly. Its been about a week since I first noticed it, so its not fresh in my mind... and I only noticed it when flying fpv or in acro.

After flashing to 3.2.1 it seems to have gone away.

my review on the darkmax

Furibee Darkmax 220 -REVIEW (13 min 17 sec)
Nov 11, 2017, 08:29 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Very nicely done review. It looks like BTFL 3.2.1 is working well for you.

I am trying to flash mine with BTFL 3.2.2 just to see what happens but I'm failing. I hold down the boot button, plug in USB, and cannot flash this thing. I have no reboot sequence enabled, full chip erase, and manual baud rate of 115200. What am I doing wrong? How did you flash it?
Nov 12, 2017, 12:16 AM
Sorry for the very dumb question, but does the Betaflight version of the configurator have to be the same that's on the quad? I just recently got an Eachine wizard X220, and set it up with 3.1.1 I think. For the moment it seems to work fine, so I can live with those versions. But I just want to double check - would I be able to plug in the DarkMax and use it as is? ( or do I have to use a different version on it, which would require upgrading to a higher version configurator, which would then require me to also upgrade the X220?).
Nov 12, 2017, 12:49 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Not dumb at all. In fact, it's a good time to bring this up since darkmax is apparently now shipping with 3.2.0. You must be using Betaflight Configurator 3.2.x -- using any lower version of betaflight configurator to do something as simple as saving settings on the most basic "configuration" page will 'break' the quad... so, do not use configurator 3.1.1 with it!

So everyone getting a DarkMax... pay close attention to the version of betaflight that you get. Use the correct configurator version associated with your quad's version.
Nov 12, 2017, 01:48 AM
So what do I do with my X220 then?

My understanding was that I could not even connected to Betaflight because of the older version that the X220 shipped with. So if I upgrade the configurator, well what about the X220 then? I assume it’s not possible to have two Configurator versions...
Nov 12, 2017, 03:26 AM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
It is possible to have two configurator versions installed. That's what I have right now. There's a tutorial somewhere that shows how to do it on YT; I'll find it around here somewhere.

I have 3.1.3, and 3.2.2 at this time.