Furibee DarkMax 220 - The Ultimate Furibee 2xx size? (review, work in progress) - Page 2 - RC Groups
Oct 21, 2017, 11:48 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Really like the way these Whisky props look. Makes me want some Gentleman Jack
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2017, 05:05 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Is there also a Whiskey variant?

And where is the FPV footage?
Oct 22, 2017, 12:40 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Is there also a Whiskey variant?
I hope so! I'm always up for a bit of variety.

Quote:
And where is the FPV footage?
Had a mishap with my goggles a couple weeks back, and haven't gotten a replacement yet. I do have some on board footage from my SQ11, but I still need to get it uploaded.
Oct 28, 2017, 10:06 PM
Here's a question for you. I just got a FuriBee DarkMax 220 and I can't get it to bind to my Devo 10. The version I bought is DSMX and comes with a DSMX Pro receiver. This receiver doesn't have a bind button. I have found the instructions to put it in bind mode using Betaflight but I haven't been able to get it into bind mode yet. My question has anyone here set this quad up DSMX? If so could you let me know how you did it or point me in the right direction? Or how do you get the DSMX Pro into bind mode? Thanks in advance for any info.
Oct 30, 2017, 05:02 PM
...fast but crashy...
I can confirm my 5S and 6S DarkMax experiment ended in laughter and much involuntary swearing. Man this thing is fast and locked in. Got a large crowd watching. I think they thought a banshee was coming. What a noise !! I reckon 5S 1350mAh batteries are the sweet spot and it don't get much sweeter than that...
Oct 31, 2017, 03:09 AM
If you get one of these BNF, do you still have to download drivers, configure stuff on Betaflight, etc? Just got an X220, but all this driver hassle is annoying...
Nov 04, 2017, 09:35 AM

2 issues with mine

I had two issues with mine. One was just annoying. The other was dangerous.

1. I got a Flysky BNF and the IBUS wire was connected to SBUS pin on FC. Took awhile to figure out I had to switch the pin.

2. Finally got controls to work, so I decided to do a hover test. Thing goes wildly out of control and almost kills me. I go into FC configuration and see that they have yaw rotated 90. My FC isn't installed that way though. I have a revision of the FC that didn't need to be rotated for VTX button access.

There are at least 3 revisions of the FC that I have seen. Make sure you check everything you can before you attempt to fly.

Also just a heads-up:
You can't bench test the camera on USB power you need to connect a battery. Camera power lead will only get around 4v if you plug in USB and it needs at least 5v. This is a drawback of the way they have their voltage regulator setup.
Last edited by deadmoo; Nov 04, 2017 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Add more info
Nov 04, 2017, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmccaule
Here's a question for you. I just got a FuriBee DarkMax 220 and I can't get it to bind to my Devo 10. The version I bought is DSMX and comes with a DSMX Pro receiver. This receiver doesn't have a bind button. I have found the instructions to put it in bind mode using Betaflight but I haven't been able to get it into bind mode yet. My question has anyone here set this quad up DSMX? If so could you let me know how you did it or point me in the right direction? Or how do you get the DSMX Pro into bind mode? Thanks in advance for any info.
Check the wiring. They may have plugged the receiver into SBUS pin by mistake. Check the provided FC diagram and see how they wired it.
Nov 04, 2017, 10:28 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
"2. Finally got controls to work, so I decided to do a hover test. Thing goes wildly out of control and almost kills me. I go into FC configuration and see that they have yaw rotated 90. My FC isn't installed that way though. I have a revision of the FC that didn't need to be rotated for VTX button access."

deadmoo-

You need to look at the quad graphic as soon as you plug in the USB on BF.... this would have told you there was an issue with yaw orientation of your FC by watching the graphic move when you moved the quad. This is as big of a rule to do this every time just like taking the props off when programming betaflight.
Nov 05, 2017, 03:27 AM
indeed, there are a few things to always check before trying to power up and fly.

- Board orientation
- Failsafe (do motors stop when transmitter signal is lost)
- Motor rotation direction
Nov 06, 2017, 06:32 PM
Got Mine today ( Im not a noob ) Thanks to all for sharing the IBUS SBUS Confusion .... popping this bad boy into the puter the FC isnt recognized. I dont wana screw around with drivers when I KNOW my other FC's are seen by betaflight just fine..... Soo Stressful any ideas anyone ??
Nov 07, 2017, 01:05 AM
Tried connecting with battery connected?
Nov 07, 2017, 08:34 AM

THank you for the response

Quote:
Tried connecting with battery connected?
@ SoloProFan again thank you ...

Like I mentioned this is not my first rodeo, so I'm pretty sure I tried connecting with battery connected.......but I will decisively meticulously re-attempt this evening .. another thread suggested trying auto connect , citing that several of his FC's just wouldn't connect without that option .. and as I type this I'm pretty sure I tried that as well .
I didn't make a check list lol ...

Does anyone know what hex file to select or load to flash this monster combination flight controller?

Its probably some sort of Omnibus right since its got the onboard OSD .. its the onboard VTX that's scaring me well of course in addition to not seriously knowing what hex it needs... If I don't get into beta flight soon with it I may RMA
Nov 07, 2017, 10:26 AM
Received my Darkmax last week and though I’m pretty new to the quad scene I didn’t have much trouble getting it setup and in the air. I love how this thing flies! Great handling, really quick acceleration and just a blast to fly.

I probably got 8-10 flights on her with two small wrecks. One was in tall grass and the other was in shorter grass but didn’t even break a prop. However; last night I was admiring her when I picked it up to look closer and I noticed the bottom plate was cracked right along the line of screws/bolts that hold the side plates and FC stack in place. �� man I’m bummed, it took about three weeks for the darn thing to arrive from China and it’s already broke. I’m not sure how it cracked so easily, neither wreck was serious at all, didn’t even break a prop.

I’ve contacted Gearbest on here hoping I can get a new bottom plate ASAP so I can get flying again. I sure wish they’d make spare parts available for purchase, would sure make it easier....
Nov 07, 2017, 01:52 PM

What Hex is The ARTOWER For Betaflight

I found it !!!,,,

https://www.gearbest.com/flight-cont...pp_692165.html

Main Features:
● OMNIBUS F4 flight controller with OSD, 5V 3A BEC, buzzer, LC filter and current sensor