Furibee DarkMax 220 - The Ultimate Furibee 2xx size? (review, work in progress) - Page 178 - RC Groups
Jun 10, 2018, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemc66
This one has been coming up in my facebook feed for the last few days, it looks like it would be a swap

same pinouts

https://www.banggood.com/NTXF4-FC-Om...r_warehouse=CN

And of course the myrcmart has this as well and the replacement one linked earlier. No way am I buying anything Aurora again
I'm still waiting for one that adds smartaudio / tramp even if I have to wire it myself
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2018, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
True, but then again the Hawk 5 is tuned so well, with even the current meter being accurate within a few mAh. And it has much better camera and clean VTX signal, I get a lot of breakup with the DM220 on distances where the Hawk 5 is still solid.

The Emax is no bargain, but if you want something that you only have to unpack to be able to fly, no high risk on a flight controller that malfunctions at random, it does the job really well.

But if you don't mind tinkering like fitting a better camera, and maybe even replace FC for one with better VTX, than the DM220 is a nice value for money option.
You are right.. I just wanted to say that with the hawk you are paying for a serviced tune within the package.. With the darkmax you are getting a discount for being forced to buy low quality hardware.. Still it works awesome for me and i dont mind tune everything mysel, i rather brought an xjb 145 from the price difference..
Jun 10, 2018, 04:46 PM
PowerMetalPilot
So many reviews say that the product comes tuned but IMO that only applies to some users. I like my rates up high and I can't fly on the stock 1.00 so for that fact alone it's not ready for me there's a number of small things I tweak. I can see they are nice I know the motors are really smooth I have a set. But will it make me fly harder, faster and more precise, nah practice got me there not a more expensive product. I got my darkmax in the floss copy frame and its 249g and on 5s its quick enough to satisfy the vtx isn't great but for my track I can make do. I want a hawk but I'll be waiting I think and honestly I would spend the extra and get that hglrc batman220 hehe
Jun 10, 2018, 05:34 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodoadam
You are right.. I just wanted to say that with the hawk you are paying for a serviced tune within the package.. With the darkmax you are getting a discount for being forced to buy low quality hardware.. Still it works awesome for me and i dont mind tune everything mysel, i rather brought an xjb 145 from the price difference..

Correct, the DM220 can be a well performing bargain, if you spend some time on it, and are lucky enough to get a good one. With the Hawk 5 you don't just buy the tuning, but also a guarantuee it's likely to work right out of the box.

That being said, I do like how my DM220 flies now with a better camera.
Jun 10, 2018, 05:46 PM
PowerMetalPilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemc66
This one has been coming up in my facebook feed for the last few days, it looks like it would be a swap

same pinouts

https://www.banggood.com/NTXF4-FC-Om...r_warehouse=CN

And of course the myrcmart has this as well and the replacement one linked earlier. No way am I buying anything Aurora again

I bet it is an aurora rc product just rebranded or maybe the other way around i don't know but check this out.

This one has the $14 sakura sticker upgrade

https://www.banggood.com/AuroraRC-OM...r_warehouse=CN

Oh cool!!!! and if you want to upgrade to a BLHeli_32 35A also should plug right in just have to find it sold separately.
https://www.banggood.com/AuroraRC-C2...r_warehouse=CN

Henk this info should be added to the front page because some people might like to know there options.
Last edited by kramersteen; Jun 10, 2018 at 05:59 PM.
Jun 10, 2018, 07:12 PM
(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)(͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Update from me, haven't been here in a while. This is DarkMax #1 that was defective, and then repaired with the round buzzer board. I was having a lot of problems with my previous setup that I'd posted with a pagoda antenna. Terrible range for some reason.

But in my last order I picked up a whip antenna on the suggestion of seng, installed it today, and wow the range was perfect again. I think I had a dud antenna from farvew or something.

My video is really good where I am flying with this whip antenna and cranking the vtx up to 200mw. The heatsink suggested by kramersteen is working very well too. Definitely keeping a lot of heat away from the board with it; I'm glad I picked those up!

I am sorry to see that some people are still having trouble with this model. I flew 20+ packs through mine today and haven't had any issues so far.

Put a flight up on insta:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj3Xtf5lE5X/
Last edited by JohnCC; Jun 10, 2018 at 08:42 PM.
Jun 11, 2018, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thijs slotman
this is the good "new"version fc, for me its just a peace of cr*p
so many isseu's isn't normal anymore, a quad should just work right out of the box (i'am ok with things like tuning etc tho) but having to replace almost every part on a quad is just ridiculous

its the most expensive quad i have bought but also the worst one i have ever bought. since i'am 17 i cant just buy a new quad haha you know.. parents :P
Can you specify exactly which FC you mean? Not the one from MyRCMart I assume.

Sorry to hear about the hassles. I also would never buy anything from Furibee, or now Hoolibar or whatever they're called.. And probably also not from Gearbest. My DM works fine now for my needs - with the MyRCMart board. But the screwups from both Furibee and Gearbest are basically unforgivable. Five months of downtime for a model of any kind in RC, but especially a quad, is flat out unacceptable. As in, almost like a total loss. Not really of course, in that I can still fly it. But five months is just way too long in RC IMVHO to not be able to use what you paid for. Five months is probably just a few months short of being what is considered a normal life cycle until the quad is perceived* outdated... Some people on here are still waiting to get theirs' flying, which is just...., well, somewhere way beyond unacceptable. And a shame, for all of us who went out and bought it based off all those early positive reviews. Lesson learned...

* Perception isn't everything of course. But at some point you stop caring because it's fallen behind the curve. Even the perceived curve... RC is largely hype-driven. So it goes...
Jun 11, 2018, 07:23 AM

Finally a use for all the screwy v2 aurora FC's

Betaflight 3.4 lets you use a old f4 FC + receiver, ie the useless furibee one with your taranis transmitter for flight sims

https://oscarliang.com/betaflight-fc-fpv-simulator/
Jun 11, 2018, 10:31 AM
Thijs rc
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramersteen
I get ya bud in this hobby you need at least 5 quads going at any one time. Sucks to be 17 you need a mickey D's job to cover it all. Sad thing is even though I'm 35 I still have to run my purchases by the missus because apparently bills and kids get priority.
oh i work 2 days 8 hours and one day 11 hours the other 2 days is school haha..so i can afford most quads but still.
my parents think i spend too much in the hobby.
Jun 11, 2018, 12:08 PM
Don't we all... Tell them there are worse things one could spend money on....
Jun 11, 2018, 04:23 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by thijs slotman
oh i work 2 days 8 hours and one day 11 hours the other 2 days is school haha..so i can afford most quads but still.
my parents think i spend too much in the hobby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Don't we all... Tell them there are worse things one could spend money on....

True, and tinkering with electronics will also teach you something. And flying helps develop fine motor skills and reflexes. While for instance getting drunk with friends will reduce motor skills and reflexes, and maybe have even more bad side effects.

Anyway, here's another flight with the DM220, with Foxeer camera:

FuriBee Darkmax 220 - Acro fun with Foxeer Predator V2 Mini camera (*) (3 min 41 sec)
Jun 12, 2018, 11:16 AM
Thijs rc
i ordered some really cheap 2204 2550kv motors for my quad.
got 16 dollar back for all the trouble i had. i also have a zmr250 frame laying around so i'am just gonna build it on that, i'am stuck to 4s then tho :/ but if it fly's i'am ok with it
Jun 13, 2018, 05:17 AM
Thijs rc
The progres so far,
It looks nice if you ask me👍
Jun 15, 2018, 07:05 AM

hot motor = defective ESC?

Hi guys,
my front left motor was getting really hot, while other three remained cool, and the on throttle up the quad would stray unevenly in one direction.
In troubleshooting, I swapped the hot motor with another motor from the quad and that newly installed motor on the front right is now getting hot.
Is this a problem with the ESC? What else could it be?
Many thanks!
John
Jun 15, 2018, 03:41 PM
PowerMetalPilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by iksobarg
Hi guys,
my front left motor was getting really hot, while other three remained cool, and the on throttle up the quad would stray unevenly in one direction.
In troubleshooting, I swapped the hot motor with another motor from the quad and that newly installed motor on the front right is now getting hot.
Is this a problem with the ESC? What else could it be?
Many thanks!
John
Sometimes excess vibrations can cause a certain motor/s to get hot as the fc tries to correct the situation. Make sure your motors aren't overly tight, pop a bit of thread lock on the bolts so they don't come out and also make sure your fc stack isn't bolted down too tight. It could be the esc i'm still learning all of this but you could start by trying that just to eliminate the possibility. I guess if it was working and all of a sudden it started getting hot without any changes being made would indicate the problem is a component.

Quick Reply