Jeti DS24 problem - RC Groups
Sep 23, 2017, 09:10 AM
Discussion

Jeti DS24 problem

Hi
I am a fan of Jeti radios since begining . I own a DS16 flying with it for 2 years ...Very pleased with it .
I herd lot of stories about ds24 ; people crashing , having problems and so on ....
The launch date is later and later ...! does it mean there is a problem ....
Is that true ?
I went to Jet power and had the oportunity to speak to a manager of Jeti on Hacker stand .
I asked him : is it safe to buy a DS24 , is there any problem your are trying to solve ...?
The answer was : You can buy with confidence , no problem at all ...
So I bought one .
I HAVE a problem .... Channel 3 does not work : Stick at neutral , servobar shows +100% Pushing the stick nothing hapens , lowering it it goes to -100% and back to neutral +100%
A friend of mine has a similar problem : one channel at neutral is 30% !!!!
Of course we checked evrything : trims, subtrims , calibrate , mixes etc , etc ....

I am very disapointed ; I never thought Jeti would sell a new radio knowing there is a problem !!!
It' a shame

Here are photos and a video

Regards
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2017, 09:12 AM
Here is the version of sofware ...
Sep 23, 2017, 09:51 AM
Something new : I posted this message on Jeti's forum
You know what : THEY DELETED IT 5 minutes later

Conclusion : THERE IS A PROBLEM ... FOR SURE

This is not the way to do ...!!!!

Regards

Andre
Sep 23, 2017, 09:57 AM
RC-Thoughts.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by andre seb
Hi
I am a fan of Jeti radios since begining . I own a DS16 flying with it for 2 years ...Very pleased with it .
I herd lot of stories about ds24 ; people crashing , having problems and so on ....
The launch date is later and later ...! does it mean there is a problem ....
Is that true ?
I went to Jet power and had the oportunity to speak to a manager of Jeti on Hacker stand .
I asked him : is it safe to buy a DS24 , is there any problem your are trying to solve ...?
The answer was : You can buy with confidence , no problem at all ...
So I bought one .
I HAVE a problem .... Channel 3 does not work : Stick at neutral , servobar shows +100% Pushing the stick nothing hapens , lowering it it goes to -100% and back to neutral +100%
A friend of mine has a similar problem : one channel at neutral is 30% !!!!
Of course we checked evrything : trims, subtrims , calibrate , mixes etc , etc ....

I am very disapointed ; I never thought Jeti would sell a new radio knowing there is a problem !!!
It' a shame

Here are photos and a video

Regards
Where did you hear this: "I herd lot of stories about ds24 ; people crashing , having problems and so on .... "? Pretty much impossible, you are one of the first with DS-24...

Please send me your model.jsn file of the model where you have this issue to tero at rc-thoughts.com, I'd like to have a look

That type of error in released product is very hard to believe. Not saying it is impossible but still.
Sep 23, 2017, 10:33 AM
Hi
I am not a lier ....
Update : my friend's problem disaperared ! No more 30% offset on one channel ...!!
He is not confident , and will not fly with the radio untill the problem is solved .
He is waiting for an update ..
He is a famous flyer in France well none and flying at Jetpower ....for a well known factory of Jets ....

The simple fact that Jeti deleted my post shows that there is a problem !
Why don't they simply answer ??
Why is the launch date later and later ...??

Regards
Andre
Sep 23, 2017, 10:46 AM
RC-Thoughts.com
Let's clear some air, shall we?

I have not called you a liar, I'm trying to help. Th fact remains that a statement "I heard lot fo stories that..." cannot be totally true since there is extremely little of DS-24 out there and there is very little talk about them available.

Jeti is a product, Jetimodel is a manufacturer.

Also, Jetimodel have not deleted anything from Jetiforum.de, Jetimodel does not run that forum.

You are angry and do not talk a lot about the issue here. I can understand that, you just bought an expensive thing and it does not work the way you want. Of course you are angry.

How did your friend fix it? Did you send me the .jsn file so I can try to see if i can help you?

Being famous does not make anyone expert in something. Maybe he found a configuration-error and you haven't? I'd like to go through the models -jsn file to see if I spot anything, error is fully possible, you need to realize that. We all make mistakes.

I'm here to help you, you being aggressive does not help the issue, calm down, focus on the issue so we can try to move forward. Please send me the .jsn so I can have a look? It does not harm anyone
Sep 23, 2017, 11:22 AM
Dear sir
I am not hangry at all . I know there are very fiew pilots having a DS24 .
My post has been deleted on Jetiforum . Who did it , I cannot tell you I am not behind ....
My issue is very simple : I select a new model and the problem is here like I explained Channel 3 with stick neutral : servobar shows 100%
The program is virgin . New model ...
I don't claim I can explain you the radio , informatics , etc ... I am not able
One thing I know : A virgin program shows throws to 0 with sticks at neutral .
I fly helicopters since late 70's , so I remain humble and I cannot explain the issue .
I am not agressive with anyone I think like an old man I am
My friend's issue disappeared after switching on and off his radio ...
BUT the behavior of the people behind Jetiforum is unacceptable and shows there is a problem
This is not the way to do !!
Again I want to remain humble and I am not able to explain the issue
And I am not even capable to send you the file and don't even understand the purpose , the program concerning a new model
Best regards
Sep 23, 2017, 11:36 AM
RC-Thoughts.com
The reason for me wanting to have a look on the file is to see if transmitter makes the file correctly.

What Jetiforum's admin do or don't do has nothing to do with this, your first post is pretty aggressive, there might be a reason for it to be deleted. There is bug-reports in Jetiforum too. Behaviour of Jetiforums moderators does not deny or confirm any possible software-bugs in Jetimodels product in no way.

Ok, you obvisously know one fix, restarting the transmitter. Does that fix your problem? That already tells me a few possible places where the error might be.

So. Please take time and answer these questions:
- You make a new model
- You give the model a name and type
- You give the basic info (plane/heli etc, wings, flaps, head type, gyro amount etc)
- You assign the functions, do you make any changes here?
- You assign the servo channels, do you make any changes here?
- You are presented with servo setup, does the stick behave wrong here?

In this point you have a new .jsn file in your transmitters Model folder. Please save this to your computer after you have created with a name for example "before.jsn". Do not change any settings after this.

Now, restart your transmitter, open the model, do not change any settings. Does it work now? If it does, copy the models jsn to your computer, name it like "after.jsn".

Please send the both files to tero at rc-thoughts.com I would like to have a look on them.

The purpose is to have a look on how transmitter stores the files in two different times, first one is the moment after wizard, second is to see how the file looks after restart since it works.

As I said, I'm just trying to help
Sep 23, 2017, 11:40 AM
Salut André.
On ne se connaît pas mais je viens d'acheter une DS 24 après deux ans de possession d'une DS 16 sans aucun problème.
Tu imagines bien que je suis très intéressé par le problème que tu évoques. Le mieux, comme évoqué, serait que tu envoies le fichier du modèle. Même si c'est un nouveau modèle, il y a peut-être une configuration erronée dans le paramétrage par défaut sur la radio. Pour récupérer le modèle, il faut que tu connectes la radio sur un port USB, et dans l'explorateur de fichiers tu vas chercher le modèle dans le répertoire MODEL. Reste ensuite à l'envoyer simplement en demandant l'e-mail de ton interlocuteur. Cela peut paraître laborieux mais à mon sens c'est la manière la plus pertinente de procéder. Tu pourrais également m'envoyer ce modèle pour que je l'implémente dans ma radio pour regarder si j'ai le même soucis que toi .

Pour nos amis américains, désolé, je ne parle pas assez bien anglais pour traduire directement. La fonction traducteur de Google vous indiquera ce que j'ai écrit merci à tous
Sep 23, 2017, 11:43 AM
RC-Thoughts.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhan
Salut André.
On ne se connaît pas mais je viens d'acheter une DS 24 après deux ans de possession d'une DS 16 sans aucun problème.
Tu imagines bien que je suis très intéressé par le problème que tu évoques. Le mieux, comme évoqué, serait que tu envoies le fichier du modèle. Même si c'est un nouveau modèle, il y a peut-être une configuration erronée dans le paramétrage par défaut sur la radio. Pour récupérer le modèle, il faut que tu connectes la radio sur un port USB, et dans l'explorateur de fichiers tu vas chercher le modèle dans le répertoire MODEL. Reste ensuite à l'envoyer simplement en demandant l'e-mail de ton interlocuteur. Cela peut paraître laborieux mais à mon sens c'est la manière la plus pertinente de procéder. Tu pourrais également m'envoyer ce modèle pour que je l'implémente dans ma radio pour regarder si j'ai le même soucis que toi .

Pour nos amis américains, désolé, je ne parle pas assez bien anglais pour traduire directement. La fonction traducteur de Google vous indiquera ce que j'ai écrit merci à tous
Google-translate:

Hi Andre.

We do not know but I just bought a DS 24 after two years of possession of a DS 16 without any problem.

You can imagine that I am very interested in the problem you are talking about. The better, as evoked, would be that you send the template file. Even if it is a new model, there may be an incorrect configuration in the default setting on the radio. To retrieve the model, you have to connect the radio to a USB port, and in the file explorer you will look for the model in the directory MODEL. Then just send it by asking for the e-mail of your contact. This may sound laborious, but in my opinion this is the most appropriate way to proceed. You could also send me this model so that I implement it on my radio to watch if I have the same worries as you.

For our American friends, sorry, I do not speak English enough to translate directly. The translator function of Google will tell you what I wrote thanks to all
Sep 23, 2017, 11:46 AM
👍👍👍
Sep 23, 2017, 11:54 AM
Ok
Latest thoughts ...
After speaking with people here in France , We think it is perhaps a " mecanical problem " :
At the end of the stick there is a magnet : we will check if it rotates or move .... It must not .
This , I am able to do .
Regards
Andre
Sep 23, 2017, 11:55 AM
Darkhan : merci pour l'aide ....
Malgré tout je trouve l'attitude des moderateurs du Forum Jeti innacceptable .
Si parametrage erroné pourquoi ne pas le dire !
Très cordialement
Andre
Sep 23, 2017, 11:59 AM
RC-Thoughts.com
Quote:
Darkhan : merci pour l'aide ....
Malgré tout je trouve l'attitude des moderateurs du Forum Jeti innacceptable .
Si parametrage erroné pourquoi ne pas le dire !
Très cordialement
Andre
Translation (Google)

Darkhan: thanks for the help ....
Despite everything I find the attitude of the moderators of the Forum Jeti innacceptable.
If false parameterization why not say it!
Very cordially
Andre
Sep 23, 2017, 12:00 PM
RC-Thoughts.com
Quote:
Ok
Latest thoughts ...
After speaking with people here in France , We think it is perhaps a " mecanical problem " :
At the end of the stick there is a magnet : we will check if it rotates or move .... It must not .
This , I am able to do .
Regards
Andre
What magnet? There is a vibration motor in the end of stick, do you refer to that?

Quick Reply