Sep 22, 2017, 06:16 PM
Thread OP
New Product

VQ Tiger Moth

Hello, anyone seen or know anything about the new VQ Tiger Moth?

I have seen a couple of pictures and seen specs on VQ website plus also an unboxing by Modell AVIATOR that is not in English. I really like the look of this version and would like to get a discussion going about it. It looks like it is available in Europe but not yet in USA or here in Australia.

It looks the same measurements and weight of the Phoenix one but recommends a 70 4 stroke whereas the Phoenix suggest a 52 4 stroke. I have a 62 Saito and was hoping that it would be enough for it? I have seen a youtube video with the Phoenix TM with a 62 flying very nicely.

Any info or comments would be great....
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2017, 09:29 PM
Tezact
Contact Monaro Models
[email protected]

The VQ container is being fumigated in Sydney by Customs at the moment.
The grand "uncontainering" should be mid next week. I am sweating on the Twin Otter. I believe there are a few Tiggers in the shipment.
Good luck
Sep 23, 2017, 02:48 AM
Thread OP
Hey, thanks for info re shipment. I called them today and was informed they got them in this week but only got 5 instead of the ordered 15 and all are taken already. Also they were all blue not the ordered red (already got two dark blue planes).
Unfortunately for me they won't be doing another order until next year....
Dec 01, 2017, 07:49 PM
Thread OP
Well still nothing much going on with this model.

VQ have released the RAF version and it looks amazing and is expected to be available in Australia in February so still a long wait for it here.

Would love to hear from anyone that has this plane and can provide some feedback on it.
Dec 01, 2017, 08:25 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
VQ Warbirds (USA) has these coming in later this month according to their website. Looks like the camo version only for now. All three schemes look nice, but I like the camo the best

https://vqwarbirds.com/product/vq-ti...p-gp-arf-camo/

Kman
Dec 02, 2017, 04:41 AM
Thread OP
Yeah i noticed their website advertising it for this Dec. I hope someone or yourself if you get one posts some info here.

I'm on the list for one when it arrives here in Aus and will post after i get one but that will not be for another couple of months at least.. If they don't get the RAF versions in next shipment, i will be getting one in Vietnam and post it to myself here, i'm that keen on it.

It looks like you don't get a gas tank for it, not a big deal but you would think they would include a gas tank since it is for glow or electric.

I'm also curious about the maximum size for aileron servos i think need a mini or micro, hopefully a mini would be okay.
Dec 02, 2017, 07:51 AM
The VQ Model website has better information. Says it includes a fuel tank and in the manual it looks like it has standard servos for the tail and mini's for the aileron and throttle.

http://www.vqmodel.com/NewVQModel_46...ze_ep-gp-.html

Kman
Feb 09, 2018, 05:00 PM
Looks like this one is finally in stock here in the USA

https://vqwarbirds.com/product/vq-ti...p-gp-arf-camo/

Kman
Oct 13, 2018, 09:33 AM
Found some nice videos of this plane flying

VQ Tigermoth, Camo, 1400mm (1 min 40 sec)

Tiger Moth ARF 1400mm / PICHLER Modellbau (2 min 49 sec)

Kman
Oct 15, 2018, 03:37 PM

Tiger moth

I have one coming tomorw. just love this plane.
Oct 15, 2018, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattered Dreams
I have one coming tomorw. just love this plane.
Awesome! Please share some unboxing pics if you can

I really want to get this one, as well. One of these days...

Kman
Oct 16, 2018, 02:25 PM

Tiger Moth

Just started,more to come.
Oct 16, 2018, 10:16 PM
Nice What are you going to use for a power system?

Kman
Oct 17, 2018, 06:53 PM

The Tiger

I have to say this a great kit.This is the first airplane with no Flaws.The covering was perfect.I an going to injoy the built.
Oct 17, 2018, 07:37 PM
Looks like HK is selling their own version of this plane like they have in the past with other VQ Model planes. I like the color scheme of this one too

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/h-king-c...N,B21CQ,1B81,1

Kman

Quick Reply