Sep 13, 2019, 06:54 PM
Every model I have ever flown gets its power from the ESC but then again it is possible that they are using a separate BEC but I sort of doubt it. I will look into this some more though when I get the chance for you
to remove ads between posts
Sep 14, 2019, 02:16 PM
The need 4 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildvortex
Every model I have ever flown gets its power from the ESC but then again it is possible that they are using a separate BEC but I sort of doubt it. I will look into this some more though when I get the chance for you
Itís ok mate. I know the power comes in via the gear channel. Itís the only one that has three wires coming out of the blue box. Plus in the manual the diagram of the blue box shows it.
I know the esc is the usual route but ....
Sep 14, 2019, 03:52 PM
Osprey
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksj100
Itís ok mate. I know the power comes in via the gear channel. Itís the only one that has three wires coming out of the blue box. Plus in the manual the diagram of the blue box shows it.
I know the esc is the usual route but ....
The BEC part of the ESC powers the RX, the RX then puts out power on all the servo channels. The "board" on the Hawk just takes the negative and the positive and distributes it to all the channels that is why only one wire has 3 leads from the RX. It may well be the gear channel, but it can be any channel. All the outgoing channels have all three leads +, - and signal.
Sep 14, 2019, 09:09 PM
Wind you go around in circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideav
The BEC part of the ESC powers the RX, the RX then puts out power on all the servo channels. The "board" on the Hawk just takes the negative and the positive and distributes it to all the channels that is why only one wire has 3 leads from the RX. It may well be the gear channel, but it can be any channel. All the outgoing channels have all three leads +, - and signal.
You are absolutely correct. The stock bird does not come with a separate bec. The book does say power to the RX at Port 5 gear port on the control board. It is WRONG. The only power going to the control board is coming from the gear port of the RX which is distributed to all of the servos and lights. The board helps as it takes the place of several Y's but if the power fails at any spot in the board you are screwed because it is only getting power from the one port. All other ports on the RX only have a signal wire. The board also by whatever means lowers the voltage for the lights.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Sep 14, 2019, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Spirit
You are absolutely correct. The stock bird does not come with a separate bec. The book does say power to the RX at Port 5 gear port on the control board. It is WRONG. The only power going to the control board is coming from the gear port of the RX which is distributed to all of the servos and lights. The board helps as it takes the place of several Y's but if the power fails at any spot in the board you are screwed because it is only getting power from the one port. All other ports on the RX only have a signal wire. The board also by whatever means lowers the voltage for the lights.

If you plug the gear into the RX and it works but doesn't work on a y plugged into the RX there can only be a few causes. The y could be bad, a bad connection, or the signal and ground wire are reversed. The center wire is positive. The negative wire may be black or brown, the signal wire may be white or yellow.

Sep 14, 2019, 10:16 PM
I haven't flown my Hawk yet and the more I think about it I don't like the control board and I think I will do away with it. Why you ask? Well it is getting all of its power through the one standard size wire from one port of the RX. Beside the fact that if at any point in the control board you have a break in the power circuit you loose power to the servos you are also putting the load of every servo that is being used at the same time on that one standard size wire coming from the RX . Can the one power wire handle that extra load? Yes but for how long. I think I will connect straight to my Rx with each servo and do away with the control board and install a light controller for lights so they get the correct voltage they need.

Sep 15, 2019, 07:07 AM
Osprey
Quote:
I haven't flown my Hawk yet and the more I think about it I don't like the control board and I think I will do away with it. Why you ask? Well it is getting all of its power through the one standard size wire from one port of the RX. Beside the fact that if at any point in the control board you have a break in the power circuit you loose power to the servos you are also putting the load of every servo that is being used at the same time on that one standard size wire coming from the RX . Can the one power wire handle that extra load? Yes but for how long. I think I will connect straight to my Rx with each servo and do away with the control board and install a light controller for lights so they get the correct voltage they need.

The same thing is true in the RX, only one standard wire (from the BEC on the ESC) supplies all the power to the RX. The wire from the RX to board is a short jumper wire.

I suppose if you were worried about it you could put a Y in the wire from the RX and run another positive and negative into the board directly.

In a way a board with buses is really more reliable than a bunch of Y connectors on extra wires. That is why bus boxes are so often used in electronics.
Sep 15, 2019, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideav
The same thing is true in the RX, only one standard wire (from the BEC on the ESC) supplies all the power to the RX. The wire from the RX to board is a short jumper wire.

I suppose if you were worried about it you could put a Y in the wire from the RX and run another positive and negative into the board directly.

In a way a board with buses is really more reliable than a bunch of Y connectors on extra wires. That is why bus boxes are so often used in electronics.
I am installing a separate bec with higher output, don't know what the board is rated for, no specs on it. Also using a 8 channel rx so less Y's.

Sep 15, 2019, 07:22 AM
Quote:
I am installing a separate bec with higher output, don't know what the board is rated for, no specs on it. Also using a 8 channel rx so less Y's.

Also using the freewing light controller so I can put the lights on a switch with the board doesn't allow you to do.

Sep 26, 2019, 10:48 AM
Landing is not optional
New high performance version just released that comes with the new 2210kv inrunner and the upgraded gear!

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp
Sep 26, 2019, 02:06 PM
3 Blades is Better Than 2!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
New high performance version just released that comes with the new 2210kv inrunner and the upgraded gear!

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp
Nice It was really a matter of time that they did this.

Kman
Sep 26, 2019, 02:45 PM
I review RC Products
If I didn't already have one, I would be buying it. It is my favorite 6S EDF Jet!
Sep 26, 2019, 02:50 PM
I'm debating whether to buy the new motor $55 is a lot for probably 10+ mph.
Sep 26, 2019, 03:13 PM
I review RC Products
I need to figure out my plan. I almost would rather start fresh with a brand new one with the upgraded suspension rather than play EDF mechanic. Maybe I will fly in some super high wind this weekend and temp fate on needing a new one lol
Sep 26, 2019, 03:20 PM
lol, you could just try 3d hovering it, get you to the goal faster

Quick Reply