Sep 01, 2018, 08:32 AM

Freewing BAE Hawk T1 70 mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
I just ordered one yesterday and I am pumped to get mine in the air!

Any tips guys?

GB

Second! Just got mine all built last night. Hoping it can handle an admiral 5000 no problem.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2018, 01:31 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizjets
Second! Just got mine all built last night. Hoping it can handle an admiral 5000 no problem.
High-five brother!
Sep 01, 2018, 01:39 PM
Quote:
High-five brother!

So i got all the flight controls hooked up and went to cycle the flaps and the flap hinge was sealed and was binding the servo. I had to use an exacto knife to cut the hinge line across the top of the flaps. Was yours the same?
Sep 01, 2018, 01:44 PM
I review RC Products
Mine just shipped, so I haven't had a chance to see mine yet. I will definitely look out for it, so thank you for sharing that.

The rule of thumb I was taught before attaching anything to the control surfaces is to work the foam. Most of the time out of the box a little break-in can help a lot with servo wear. Sometimes it really isn't needed, but it is sometimes I try to keep in mind even though I am normally so excited and just want to fly my new plane lol
Sep 01, 2018, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Mine just shipped, so I haven't had a chance to see mine yet. I will definitely look out for it, so thank you for sharing that.

The rule of thumb I was taught before attaching anything to the control surfaces is to work the foam. Most of the time out of the box a little break-in can help a lot with servo wear. Sometimes it really isn't needed, but it is sometimes I try to keep in mind even though I am normally so excited and just want to fly my new plane lol

Itís funny bc i checked all of the other flight controls before i hooked them up. Didnít think to check the flaps for some reason lol
Sep 02, 2018, 02:29 AM
I review RC Products
lol isn't that always the way? I wish you nothing but luck on your maiden my friend!
Sep 02, 2018, 10:32 AM
Quote:
lol isn't that always the way? I wish you nothing but luck on your maiden my friend!

Much appreciated! Unfortunately just left on a 4 day trip so gonna have to wait😡
Sep 02, 2018, 02:38 PM
Hey guys, may be selling my hawk here in SW FL if anyone is interested. Has some bumps and bruises but looks and flies well. Flew it today and just don't like it as much as my others.
Sep 02, 2018, 09:18 PM
I review RC Products
What don't you like about it and what batteries are you using?
Sep 03, 2018, 09:52 AM
Quote:
What don't you like about it and what batteries are you using?
I don't know, maybe the speed to be honest. I have a freewing avanti, flex jet, stinger 90 and dynam meteor and just didn't "feel it" flying this one. No bad tendencies or anything that I noticed. I got it used off of a friend and honestly didn't want it in the first place but felt bad and bought it off him, so that may be part of it also. Who knows, just not interested in it.

I was using floureon 4500's
Sep 03, 2018, 04:28 PM
Augermeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizjets
It can. I can attest to that.
Sep 03, 2018, 04:46 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwiktsi
I don't know, maybe the speed to be honest. I have a freewing avanti, flex jet, stinger 90 and dynam meteor and just didn't "feel it" flying this one. No bad tendencies or anything that I noticed. I got it used off of a friend and honestly didn't want it in the first place but felt bad and bought it off him, so that may be part of it also. Who knows, just not interested in it.

I was using floureon 4500's
So it has less speed than all of those other jets? That is ok with me as I am using this as a "Big Boy Jet Trainer". I like reading about the no bad tendencies as well.

I hope your jet finds a nice home

GB
Sep 03, 2018, 05:38 PM
Quote:
So it has less speed than all of those other jets? That is ok with me as I am using this as a "Big Boy Jet Trainer". I like reading about the no bad tendencies as well.

I hope your jet finds a nice home

GB
Thank you. I don't "dislike" it, just not my thing. I kind of regretted buying it from the start because I do have other planes I have my eye on and didn't need to spend the money on this one. Hopefully I can find someone local who wants it lol.
Sep 04, 2018, 02:49 AM
For me, it's the other way round. I took the Avanti S as my first jet, and despite of having performed 77 flights so far, I still don't really like her. Trouble is visibility, flight attitude is sometimes pretty difficult to recognize. Then I bought the Hawk, and I immediately was very happy with her. Nevertheless, the Avanti has her merits, e.g. the bigger wheels perform better on grass. So I am still hesitating to sell her.
Sep 04, 2018, 08:28 AM
I know a few people that have visibility problems with white and yellow. It doesn't bother me much but doing tumbles and flat spins and such at higher altitudes, I can lose orientation of it also but I have the altitude to recover at that point. If I'm lower/closer, it's not such a problem. It has blended in (damn near disappeared lol) on my landing approach on cloudy days a couple of times but that comes down to I know where it was and I know where I'm going so I just fly through it. I've seen people panic when that happens and it never ends well lol.

PS- if you think the avanti is bad, you gotta try a white and blue flex jet lol. Talk about nearly invisible, especially on approach! Just have to be comfortable with your plane and know where it's headed.

Quick Reply