Sep 24, 2017, 02:14 PM
On further studying of the pics on hobbysquark it looks like they've scaled the wings up to some degree, and the MRC vid of it's low speed manners would certainly back that up. All that would slow it up some but I'm looking forward to putting my JP or XRP 13 in it to find out. It's heavier than the FW Yak, but about the same as the FMS Yak. However the single exhaust gives us options for thrust tubes.
Those NACA style cheaters are going to need covering though for grass ops, I have some mesh for this that I fitted to the T45's cheater and it works great. If not then they look good for hand launching ha ha.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2017, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8103
This was my first thought too lol! Currently my 70mm Yak 130 with the older Freewing inrunner is even faster than my new F16 V2 pro.
Tone
My Yak is faster than my FW T45 fitted with JF 90 HET 1400KV on 10S, just . The 45 does have a lot of scale protuberances though
Sep 24, 2017, 11:54 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
20170924 阿漢 70mm 絕版波千 紅箭 西盛首航 (1 min 52 sec)
Sep 25, 2017, 12:51 AM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
I saw it but I didn't have time to post it, I know we are subscribe to the same people...

I hope the add-ons struts are scale otherwise might have to start looking for something like the RC Landers struts.

I'm still bummed out that they do not have the gray kit plus version...
Last edited by The Snake; Sep 25, 2017 at 01:04 AM.
Sep 25, 2017, 02:32 PM
Where Customers Matter

Here's our Build Video!

Just released this morning. Capt. Mike takes you through a quick build of this Hawk. Can't wait for people to start flying these.

Freewing BAe Hawk T1 70mm EDF Jet - Build Video - MotionRC (10 min 40 sec)
Sep 25, 2017, 02:32 PM
Suspended Account
Gray version with the FMS fan Oh!! Yeah!!!
Sep 27, 2017, 08:21 AM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotionRC
Just released this morning. Capt. Mike takes you through a quick build of this Hawk. Can't wait for people to start flying these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiFT8NfYgv8
I hope motion will add the Grey kit plus. I know some people have also expressed having an upgraded version with the struts already installed or included...
Sep 27, 2017, 10:45 AM
Callie has the 2016 tail graphics for the Red Arrow on file, I had her make me 2 sets for the 90mm T45, they just need scaling down. It is a wavy Union Flag design and will line up with the standard fuse graphics. I hope I can get a grey tail and match the FW red ok and do that livery.
The red should be a tad less orange I think, on scale discussions over here it has often been said that VW Mars Red rattle can is a decent match and I've had good results after laying a white primer down first. Nice and cheap using automotive, off the shelf spray.

Heh heh, I thought I was done with small EDFs and felt the little Yaks would keep me happy, but I'm looking forward to this one in ARF. I'm even considering a 6 blade VASA so I can get that exhaust smaller and make it fast. It will definately get an XRP ( too quiet ) or JP, but if it's not faster than the Yak fitted with those it will get something else fitted oh yusss. VASA 70 with TP 2940 on 8S too much ? lol
Last edited by Alphonso; Sep 27, 2017 at 10:51 AM.
Sep 28, 2017, 02:25 PM
Blue Skies
I got excited when I saw this model come out. Then I saw they stuck those ridiculous LG on it and cooled down real quick. Why do they do this? Put all the effort into a really nice looking scale model and forget about the LG till it's too late. I'm not digging into the pocketbook for another $43 to get the plane where it should be out of the box. As someone else here already said, why not just make it right and sell it for $249, no adding on upgrade shocks and throwing away perfectly good LG, that would work well on another smaller plane.
Don
Sep 28, 2017, 02:42 PM
It's called Profit just like with Cars & add on accessories.. You buy the base model & add on the Bling..
Sep 28, 2017, 03:02 PM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
I guess they are trying to accommodate different incomes not everybody can always afford all the bling.

I'm not going to see their landing gear screaming by at 100 miles per hour. But of course it is important how it looks when it's parked on the tarmac...
Sep 28, 2017, 03:25 PM
What's the saying?? .. Gotta keep up with the Jonses..
Sep 28, 2017, 03:33 PM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
What's the saying?? .. Gotta keep up with the Jonses..
Me? If you're talking about me, I'm just saying not everyone can afford to have the whole package at once so they just separate it. They're already raising the price from 200 to 229 Plus the add-on. Perhaps motion could elaborate on that not me. If you saw my post I already requested that the struts already be installed. Or at least a combo price...
Sep 28, 2017, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snake
Me? If you're talking about me, I'm just saying not everyone can afford to have the whole package at once so they just separate it. They're already raising the price from 200 to 229 Plus the add-on. Perhaps motion could elaborate on that not me. If you saw my post I already requested that the struts already be installed. Or at least a combo price...
Not directed at you.. Just a tongue in cheek comment.... As I stated Freewing introduced a base model .. Not everyone will want the optional strut so it's great that it's offered.. Freewing should do that with all models offering optional Struts for Grass & Tarmac fliers..
Sep 29, 2017, 05:21 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Snake
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
Not directed at you.. Just a tongue in cheek comment.... As I stated Freewing introduced a base model .. Not everyone will want the optional strut so it's great that it's offered.. Freewing should do that with all models offering optional Struts for Grass & Tarmac fliers..
I have never worried about keeping up with the Jones, or anyone else. I buy what I like based solely on what I like, and no one's else's opinion of it. I would gladly spend $249 for the plane with the improved oleos/trailing link LG. But I won't buy a separate set at $43 and then throw away a perfectly good set of LG that I basically paid $20-$25 for. If they would sell the basic airframe PNP w/out any LG and then let us tack on either the stock wire LG or an improved oleo/trailing link set, they would sell like hot cakes. Either that or give us a version with the improved LG up front as an option, rather than have us spend an extra $20-$25, just to throw it away. I hate waste with a passion, and will vote with my hobby dollars elsewhere if this is the best they can do. I'll gladly spend the money on what I want, but with nothing more than I want, and nothing less.
Don

Quick Reply