Sep 22, 2017, 01:26 PM
Needs More Go Fast....
Hmmm, how come? I've not flown one but the wing shape seems like it might make for an easier plane to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henke
I know I know.... but I've told my self no more hawks as the T45 are evil at slower speeds. Now we got a new 80mm AND 70mm...... the 80mm can handle smoke system too.....

aaa we'll see, first I want to be Viper with the A4 though!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2017, 01:36 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
It's usually the first complaint with the 70mm, Same with the F-16 and the F-18.
But dude the full flying tail flies better IMHO. Far better on the 16 for sure. And I love the feel of the f5 because of it. It is what makes the airframe slide on turns so effortlessly. The f16 70 lacks in feel big time. Great performance when upgraded but the feel is kinda toyish to me. The 90 t45 flew amazing so I don't see the need for full flying stab on this one I think the full elevator on slick jets like the 16 just enhance the feel
Sep 22, 2017, 01:39 PM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
Quote:
How is this possible!?

Nobody has complained about the lack of a full flying tail yet!

I know we all want a 70mm with the 90 size features but for that price you can't complain, I think we're getting a lot for that price...
Sep 22, 2017, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Hmmm, how come? I've not flown one but the wing shape seems like it might make for an easier plane to fly.
Not so much the FW T45 with its slats and square wing tips, but grab too much elevator whilst flaring or on knife edge and it tries too flip. I've always caught it and I've been silly to get it in that position. Plenty of vids of Hawks flipping upside down on landing.
Hawks do fly well and the vid is impressive.
Sep 22, 2017, 02:57 PM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
I don't know. Maybe I'm asking too much from the airframe. Knifedges are a hair from becoming an inverted snap! Scary and not as forgiving as many other planes I've tested.
Sep 22, 2017, 03:10 PM
Great vid Ryan..
Last edited by HellHathNoFury; Sep 22, 2017 at 03:26 PM.
Sep 22, 2017, 03:25 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
The new releases are saving me lots of dough, ha-ha. I don't have an interest in the A-4 or Hawk, to own at least, but will be fun to fly friends jets who will own it. The Avanti and 80mm A-10 I absolutely love and waited long for something like that to be released, so I'm flying the heck out of those in the mean time. That's plenty to keep me busy until a jet is released that I want.

I'm sure loving the new announcements though. Keeps the forums fun and busy.
Sep 22, 2017, 10:40 PM
Suspended Account
When is FMS coming out with there A-4
Sep 23, 2017, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey 68
When is FMS coming out with there A-4
Yeah a 90mm A-4!

Seriously, got some suspesion struts from banggood (3mm shaft), pretty good for the money:
https://www.banggood.com/DIY-Shock-A...?rmmds=myorder

Also hobbyking has some nose suspension legs for like $8 per piece.
Sep 23, 2017, 03:52 AM
Plane crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwen303
Yeah a 90mm A-4!

Seriously, got some suspesion struts from banggood (3mm shaft), pretty good for the money:
https://www.banggood.com/DIY-Shock-A...?rmmds=myorder

Also hobbyking has some nose suspension legs for like $8 per piece.
For a 1kg plane?
Sep 23, 2017, 04:01 AM

MANUAL available; this is not a 1kg plane...

...not even w/out lipo, according to the manual:

empty weight w/out lipo: 1450g - AUW around 2kg, depending on the lipo...

can't upload the PDF manual (file too large), here's the Motion RC link

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...Ae_Hawk_T1.pdf
Sep 23, 2017, 10:21 AM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista
...not even w/out lipo, according to the manual:

empty weight w/out lipo: 1450g - AUW around 2kg, depending on the lipo...

can't upload the PDF manual (file too large), here's the Motion RC link

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/10...Ae_Hawk_T1.pdf
1450 Grams = 1.45 Kilograms (w/o battery)
Sep 23, 2017, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke
Well, I like to try different. During my many years of RC I never got so completely hooked I wanted to stay to the same model just in different sizes.

Now we know for sure there will be an 80mm F/A18 and 80mm F16 coming next. Where most will go crazy because they STILL can't get it right ;-)
Ah... who is making that 80mm F/A 18? I guess Freewing... :-)
I love the F/A 18 ...
Sep 23, 2017, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago
For a 1kg plane?
Those banggood struts is for 3 mm shaft. I never use shock absorbing structs for planes weighing less than 1 kg; they simply don't need suspension leg. But for us it should be able manage up to 2 kg flying weight, use 1/8" piano wire. My old faithful Venom F-86 weighs 1.8-2.1 kg, never had suspension on the main gear and this struct is a bit too long for F-86.
Sep 24, 2017, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonso
I wonder if it's faster than the Yak 130's, small wings and single exhaust says it will be,
This was my first thought too lol! Currently my 70mm Yak 130 with the older Freewing inrunner is even faster than my new F16 V2 pro.
Tone

Quick Reply