Sep 22, 2017, 11:11 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
Nope,
There is a very clear trail of evidence they are tit-for-tat on releases. They are in short, strategic partners. Almost all the newly released planes between the two companies have been released in a different size by the counter company.

At this point it's to be expected. They may be competing but they are communicating directly with each other.

This is not incidental.

I agree. All good. Kinda lame but it's about $$$*after all. It's just variety and competition We now can guess freewing will come out with a 80 f18 since fms has the 70. I will bet on it lol. And freewing please just put on the good struts!!! Don't make us spend $40 to throw away the silly gear Every time. Just up the price to $ 249 and EVERYONE will be happier and most importantly still buy. It's just a better way to do it.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2017, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Nope,
There is a very clear trail of evidence they are tit-for-tat on releases. They are in short, strategic partners. Almost all the newly released planes between the two companies have been released in a different size by the counter company.

At this point it's to be expected. They may be competing but they are communicating directly with each other.

This is not incidental.
Maybe it's like "ok you can make the 80mm version we will make the 70mm version" or something like that...

So fms got the smaller a-10, avanti.. and then the bigger hawk?
Sep 22, 2017, 11:39 AM
Registered RC NUT!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
I still think that the redundant and parallel releases may be due to a mole in the mold shop?
I definitely don't want to take sides on who's copy and who. I know I saw a posting of those guys arguing that but who cares. They're giving the customers what they asked for even if it is x 2. I just want to fly something exciting and new. Freewing and FMS are doing a good job of providing what we want. FMS seems to be aggressively jumping into the EDF Jets, so bring it!

Freewing BAe Hawk T1 70mm EDF Jet - Flight Review - MotionRC (11 min 12 sec)
Sep 22, 2017, 11:40 AM
Just went on HS and saw the pic of it next to the Avanti 80mm. This is big for a 70mm, looks like they really built this round the fan to keep the inlets sensible. The wings look about the same size as the Avanti, probably an illusion but perhaps a lower wing loading than we expect from Hawks.
Now seeing as a good 70mm fan, XRP, JP etc puts out more thrust at less amps than the stock FW 80mm, with a higher efflux, this thing should be fast. As long as they havent scaled the wings up too much.
Ha Ha, I've just realised I'm talking like someone who's decided to buy another plane.
Sep 22, 2017, 11:46 AM
I just noticed a glaring fault with the fuselage behind the canopy. the fuse pinches in rather than being a smooth curve, that's poor.
Sep 22, 2017, 11:52 AM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47
Yeah T,

Was hoping I could include them on the preorder to avoid a $5.00 separate shipping charge
That would have been excellent for sure since that would allow installation right away from the get-go and they can just put it in the box with the plane.
Sep 22, 2017, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonso
I just noticed a glaring fault with the fuselage behind the canopy. the fuse pinches in rather than being a smooth curve, that's poor.
Doesn't seem so glaring to me, but that's a matter of opinion.
Last edited by fredmdbud; Sep 22, 2017 at 12:40 PM.
Sep 22, 2017, 12:07 PM
You can contact MRC and ask them to adjust your order. This is assuming the shipment will also contain an allotment the optional landing gears, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
That would have been excellent for sure since that would allow installation right away from the get-go and they can just put it in the box with the plane.
Latest blog entry: Digital LED Voltmeter
Sep 22, 2017, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud
Doesn't seem so glaring the me, but that's a matter of opinion.
They've molded a detail that simply isn't there, perhaps glaring to a Brit as it is rather iconic being our display team. If the same had been done to the A10 and A4 which also have similar, less complex fuse cross sections as far as modelling goes, it would've broke the internet.

But my word she flies well, and amazing low speed handling by the looks of it
Sep 22, 2017, 12:43 PM
Whatever the opinion of this aesthetic transgression, fixing it is not trivial - canopy, cockpit and fuselage molds would have to be redone.

Pretty much baked in.
Latest blog entry: Digital LED Voltmeter
Sep 22, 2017, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredmdbud
Whatever the opinion of this aesthetic transgression, fixing it is not trivial - canopy, cockpit and fuselage molds would have to be redone.

Pretty much baked in.
I apreciate that and I'm still getting the ARF .
Sep 22, 2017, 01:07 PM
Needs More Go Fast....
How is this possible!?

Nobody has complained about the lack of a full flying tail yet!

Sep 22, 2017, 01:14 PM
Quote:
How is this possible!?

Nobody has complained about the lack of a full flying tail yet!

lol, that happened 2 years ago on the T45 thread. On this one with the nice slim taper of the rear fuse and exhaust diameter, I don't think it's possible.
Sep 22, 2017, 01:18 PM
Needs More Go Fast....
It's usually the first complaint with the 70mm, Same with the F-16 and the F-18.

Quote:
lol, that happened 2 years ago on the T45 thread. On this one with the nice slim taper of the rear fuse and exhaust diameter, I don't think it's possible.
Sep 22, 2017, 01:19 PM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Henke, looks like a candidate for your K25 can't wait for that vid.
I know I know.... but I've told my self no more hawks as the T45 are evil at slower speeds. Now we got a new 80mm AND 70mm...... the 80mm can handle smoke system too.....

aaa we'll see, first I want to be Viper with the A4 though!

Quick Reply