Sep 22, 2017, 01:36 AM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahawk47
That's another 'gotta have' ! Looks awesome. Loving the 70 and 80mm's.

Didn't see anything on the optional TL suspension struts?

Think I will go with the Arf+ and get another 14B 2200KV XRP setup w/125 amp esc from www.edfhobbies.com . Have it in my Yak-130 and she roars !
Motion listed in their specs. that optional suspension struts will be available.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2017, 01:45 AM
Nice looking optional strut which is a gotta have ..
Sep 22, 2017, 02:39 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Finally another Hawk! <3

Lol......
Sep 22, 2017, 02:58 AM
Plane crazy
This blindmen's race is becoming annoying.

Do something different would ya?
Sep 22, 2017, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago
This blindmen's race is becoming annoying.

Do something different would ya?
Motion RC said they would try to "co-ordinate" development efforts (they are more closely tied to Freewing, but they sell FMS, too)
so far it is not getting any better with the BAE Hawk, after the Yaks, Avantis, A-10s, Tigercats, Super Scorpions..
Sep 22, 2017, 04:01 AM
Unfortunately I don't think Motion can do much about this ongoing duplication of Models... It's more about Egos..
Sep 22, 2017, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
Unfortunately I don't think Motion can do much about this ongoing duplication of Models... It's more about Egos..
don't know the sales figures, but maybe, just maybe, it could be all very rational to offer pretty much the same model (but in different sizes etc.) at the same time: there is some hype for the type of model, and if there are more from different manufacturers the hype is bigger, and in the end more models are sold (more, that is, than if they had totally different models) - is that likely? Anyway, not sure about the ego, IMO the ego would be more inflated if you are the only one offering some type of model?
Sep 22, 2017, 06:03 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista
don't know the sales figures, but maybe, just maybe, it could be all very rational to offer pretty much the same model (but in different sizes etc.) at the same time: there is some hype for the type of model, and if there are more from different manufacturers the hype is bigger, and in the end more models are sold (more, that is, than if they had totally different models) - is that likely? Anyway, not sure about the ego, IMO the ego would be more inflated if you are the only one offering some type of model?
Well, I like to try different. During my many years of RC I never got so completely hooked I wanted to stay to the same model just in different sizes.

Now we know for sure there will be an 80mm F/A18 and 80mm F16 coming next. Where most will go crazy because they STILL can't get it right ;-)
Sep 22, 2017, 06:39 AM
Plane crazy
A picture's worth a thousand words...
Sep 22, 2017, 08:44 AM
Guys they probably aren't copying eachother.

Their marketing team does research you know, on which models would sell. They both probably decided that a BAE Hawk would sell and decided to independently develop them.
Sep 22, 2017, 10:12 AM
I like the nose, it's more scale than the 90mm T45 which tapers in too much when viewed from above. However the tail around the exhaust is all wrong, obviously due to FSA requirements. With their T45 they kept it more scale but it's a little fatter than scale. This one looks more scale side on than the 45 but loses the flat detail behind the stab. Good job though guys, and those add on struts look like they will handle grass ok, bearing in mind this will need to land hotter than most recent offerings.

HHNF, you say a candidate for an XRP? Nah mate, nowhere near loud enough for a Hawk. JP all the way ha ha .

If I may be critical though, both FMS and FW need to get the white strip straight when side on. I mean it's the only marking so please get it right as at the moment they both look as if a child applied them.

The dihedral is less pronounced than the T45, which is nice.

I wonder if it's faster than the Yak 130's, small wings and single exhaust says it will be,

Henke, looks like a candidate for your K25 can't wait for that vid.

I just had another look at the tail and considering how small the real outlet is, I think they've made the right choice by keeping the fuse slim at the rear and losing the flat area of the full size. Battery bay should be huge too.
Last edited by Alphonso; Sep 22, 2017 at 10:24 AM.
Sep 22, 2017, 10:20 AM
Augermeister
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
Motion listed in their specs. that optional suspension struts will be available.
Yeah T,

Was hoping I could include them on the preorder to avoid a $5.00 separate shipping charge
Sep 22, 2017, 10:45 AM
Needs More Go Fast....
Nope,
There is a very clear trail of evidence they are tit-for-tat on releases. They are in short, strategic partners. Almost all the newly released planes between the two companies have been released in a different size by the counter company.

At this point it's to be expected. They may be competing but they are communicating directly with each other.

This is not incidental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandetlol
Guys they probably aren't copying eachother.

Their marketing team does research you know, on which models would sell. They both probably decided that a BAE Hawk would sell and decided to independently develop them.
Sep 22, 2017, 10:50 AM
Augermeister
So now it's FMS's turn to fire one across the bow ! LOL
Sep 22, 2017, 11:03 AM
AA6JB
I still think that the redundant and parallel releases may be due to a mole in the mold shop?
Latest blog entry: Updated FMS 1400mm J3 Cub

Quick Reply