Robart Electric nose gear - RC Groups
Sep 21, 2017, 05:11 PM
Calm before the storm
Discussion

Robart Electric nose gear

Ok I am working on fitting a robart electric nose gear into a Freewing A-10. Here is the real question. Do I have to have a separate proprietary box from robart to make the nose gear work? Is there a work around since the plug is different form robart. I am guessing that I will have to have a separate doohickey to make it work properly. I am really perplexed on this one.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2017, 10:13 AM
Are you able to post a pic or two of the unit? What is up with the stock nosegear?

From what I remember Robart paired with Down and Locked to mod their units from pneumatic to servoless. These did require a separate control module. There were aftermarket options, but were not inexpensive:

http://www.wikesrc.com/RETRACT-CONTROL-BOARD-W20.htm

Another possible option would be Eflites 60-120 servoless. I have been using their mains on craft all the way up to 13lbs.
Sep 29, 2017, 01:55 AM
Calm before the storm
Thank you for the response. I am not sure why this didn't show up in my feed until now? Maybe follow too many threads. Anyway, It is the type A nose gear for 8-18lb models. Yeah it will need a separate board which sucks because I need some beefy retracts for the nose. I thought this would be a good solution but I didn't realize that Robart had their own proprietary "box" to control all of their units until after I purchased it.
Sep 29, 2017, 09:18 AM
I found an early set of Lado mains at the Toledo Show and they are quite strong. Only negative was this version was quite slow to cycle.
Oct 02, 2017, 07:47 PM
Calm before the storm
Slow is fine with me. If I only knew what I know now.