RCG Place of the Month - Eisenhower Park - RC Groups

RCG Place of the Month - Eisenhower Park

This month's featured Place is Eisenhower Park located in East Meadow, New York. This is a model sailboat club and you can find them sailing Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 10am.

Splash

RCGroups September Place of the Month

Every month we like to feature a group from our Places page. There are literally thousands of Places listed, pointing out sites like flying fields, hobby shops, race tracks and boat ponds all over the world. The RC Map is a great way to find a new place near you and meet some new friends.

This month's featured Place is Eisenhower Park located in East Meadow, New York. This is a model sailboat club and you can find them sailing Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 10am. These guys sail for fun and race them too. They sail Soling One Meter, ODOM, 36/600, 50/800 RG65 Dragon Force and DF95 Dragon Flite 95. If you want to see what RC Sailing is all about, be sure to stop by and chat with these guys.

Check out the Eisenhower Park Places Page on RCGroups

Sep 21, 2017, 09:34 PM
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways

How does one apply for this Honor,?

Mr. Cole, I am a core member of AMYA Squadron Charter #342 Queen City Model Yacht Club (QCMYC). I was curious as to how a particular club's venue is selected for the public Honor of being named. Is it based on membership #'s, Facility amenities, size, or do we need apply or offer a PERSONNAL invite to the Admin's here to be considered in the running,??? I know we are yet a small n young club , but we try as hard as the bigger/ more established clubs in our region (3) area. I / we would just like to know for curiosities sake. I/we also am aware there are ALOT of club sites of all type RC venues and many of our members are also involved with other than sailing RC Activities.. so wasn't sure if it's maybe random or if one of ya'll had to be invited to BE invited,!!! What ever the case maybe, you can directly reply to me by PM here or contact my Commodore through our web site. http://www.queencitymyc.com/ Thanks for your time n reply in advance,!! I enjoy seeing how others do things and many of the places I'll probably never get the chance to visit,! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Sep 21, 2017, 09:57 PM
RCG Admin
We select the Place of the Month from our Places listings. Make sure you club is listed there.
Sep 22, 2017, 02:36 PM
Thank You Mr. Cole, I think I've added us to it correctly. Awaiting moderators approval. Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Sep 22, 2017, 08:41 PM
Taking care of the pond.
How do you add a club?
Sep 22, 2017, 10:32 PM
MillerTime, (my fav #25,!!!) , (log-in FIRST), Click on "PLACES" in the header bar of the homepage which should open to where you wanna be,!!...THEN,...WHAT I DID was to click the "maps" Icon in the upper right corner,(the "peel back" page) n then you have to manipulate the page, (I call it smalls it "zoom out") the map so you can see the left hand margin . THERE it gives you the option to "Contribute" if you scroll down enuff to see it then Click/ Flag it on your location on the MAP n you'll get another POPUP to choose WUT type club/venue it is then fill out the INFO "popups" n click SAVE. Then you should get a popup telling you welcome Blah-blah,... The post will be applied pending moderators approval. Don't know if this was correct SOP on my end but that's WUT I Did,!!!(RIGHT WRONG or indifferent,!! ) Had to figure it out BY MYSELF so it MAY NOT be correct info I'm giving BEcause it does NOT give very clear or AT ALL info on how to do so,!! **** NOTE TO MODERATOR/ADMINS**** Good Luck n I'll drink one to you,! Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Last edited by haxawsnavy; Sep 22, 2017 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Added a step of text 4 MTime.!
Sep 23, 2017, 12:28 PM
RCG Admin
Just go to the map here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/maps.php and right click on the location where you club is. There is some instructions on the map page that says this, but it looks like it is being missed.
Sep 23, 2017, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Just go to the map here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/maps.php and right click on the location where you club is. There is some instructions on the map page that says this, but it looks like it is being missed.
FIRST, My sincere apology for hijacking your spot light Honored Eisenhower park Members.... However the first place one goes to check ANY thing out(PLACES in the header) (not the provided link in this thread that only people see this thread gets) is Directed to a home page that then you can "narrow" the search down with "quick jumps" etc but NO WHERE do any of these INCLUDING the Directory Instructs you to see the "MAP page" to find out the instructs that ARE included in the left margin listed in "contribute" sub heading at the bottom of the column to "ADD YOUR CLUB /Venue" until you DO stumble into the "maps" page. (as I did). I would hope that this oversight can be corrected in the future for those that may not stumble on how to do it, or this particular thread ,to figure it out for themselves and start this process all over again on someone else's spotlight. Again Sorry to ruffle your feathers one last time Mr. Cole, and Eisenhower members I hope you can understand and forgive me for trying to learn something that isn't clear as well as for others in the future. I REST my case and Thank you for the help n Best wishes to all the Members there,!! ( WE were accepted/posted BTW in only 1 day delay,!!! Great job RCG,!!) With all respectfulness, Tim aka Cap'n Hax
Sep 23, 2017, 10:19 PM
Taking care of the pond.
It's in there, Thank You.

Sierra Model Yacht Club, Visalia, California.
Sep 24, 2017, 12:38 AM
MillerTime, As previous posted, MINE TOO,!! Glad my ramblings or Mr. Cole's link was a success for ya'll or others with my apologies to the members of Eisenhower Park affiliates. THX for asking also it made my point valid that if it was "overlooked/missed etc,..." it's because it wasn't obvious enough or WE would NOT have had to ASK,!!!! Tim aka Cap'n Hax