Problem with Ares model and Flash 7 - RC Groups
Sep 21, 2017, 09:04 AM
Discussion

Problem with Ares model and Flash 7

This is probably a problem at the Ares reciever end of things but I thought I'd ask here anyway,
I'm trying to use my Flash 7 radio with an Ares Gamma Pro V2, it has the board with the NFP trainer gyro features.

It appears to bind ok but something is haywire with the communication.
Throttle- Comes on smoothly and backs off, but wont stop the motor fully untill Tx turned off.
Elevator- only response is a big trim click at full up or down.
Rudder-just gives a big kick at a certain stick travel point, otherwise nothing.
Ailerons- not sure, havent plugged in yet.

As you can see the channels have some communication to the correct servos, but no usable control
The stabilisation seems to be responding ok though, which gives me hope its not a fried board?

Any thoughts?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2017, 01:57 PM
Try to re-link the transmitter to the receiver. It should be a Minima receiver inside the airplane so make sure you link in Minima mode.
Sep 21, 2017, 06:34 PM
Tried that multiple times
Unfortunately I bought it as a radio-less version so I cant even check it with their supplied Tx.
Worst case I junk the supplied receiever with NFP and put in a spare minima.
Sep 22, 2017, 08:54 AM
Problem solved. The button I had assigned to the NFP trim setting was the little push button, the polarity must be reversed compared to the spring loaded switch and was keeping it in permanent calibration mode.
Throttle was just an end point adjustment.

Hopefully fly the little bugger next week!