ARRMA 1/8 Talion 6S BLX - RC Groups

ARRMA 1/8 Talion 6S BLX

An all-out speed machine, the new ARRMA 1/8 Talion 6S BLX is built and ready for 70+ MPH runs.

Splash

70+ MPH Eye Candy

Arrma has just announced a gorgeous addition to their 1/8th scale 4wd bashers, and this one looks quite menacing! The all new ARRMA 1/8 Talion 6S BLX rolls on tall dBoots Katar tires and Black Turbo Fan wheels. The body is very low profile, giving this Talion an exceptionally aggressive stance. Designed for speeds in excess of 70 MPH, the ARRMA 1/8 Talion 6S BLX comes with a 150 amp ESC, 2050Kv brushless motor with etched aluminum finned motor can for efficient heat dissipation, gold connectors, and a 13T and 20T pinion. There's a number of battery options with this rig, from a pair of 2s or 3s 5000mAh LiPos in series, to a single LiPo setup for 4s or 6s packs. The retail price is set at $499.99 and it's scheduled for delivery in early October.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new ARRMA 1/8 Talion 6S BLX

Features:

• Chassis: 0.12" (3mm) thick aluminum
  • Drive: Four wheel with CVD driveshafts
  • Radio: Tactic TTX300 2.4GHz 2-channel with SLT (Secure Link
  • Technology) for unbreakable link between transmitter and receiver
  • ADS15M waterproof metal gear steering servo, TE326 receiver
  • Motor and ESC: BLX185 Brushless Power System, 2050Kv brushless motor
  • ESC: 150A waterproof ESC with XT90 battery connector, cooling fan, bridge connector for use with single 4S or 6S packs
  • Shock Towers: New low-profile 0.20" (5mm) thick aluminum
  • Suspension: Pillow ball with anti-roll bar
  • Body: Newly designed low profile with multi-element high-downforce wing
  • Motor Mount: Aluminum
  • Battery Holder: Adjustable hook and loop straps
  • Tires: Low profile dBoots Katar
  • Wheels: Black Turbo-Fan, 17mm hex

ARRMA TALION 6S 2018 (0 min 16 sec)

Sep 21, 2017, 10:07 AM
Born again RC'er
More info from the Tower website -
Quote:
**Additional Technical Info Will Be Added When It Becomes Available.**
This is the Arrma 2.4GHz Radio Controlled, Brushless Powered, 1/8 scale
Ready to Run Talion 6S BLX Speed Truggy with Red and Black Body.
**Newly Designed Features Include;**
Aggressive Low-Profile Body with Multi-Element High-Downforce Wing
Low-Profile Wing Mount
Low-Profile dBoots Katar Tires
Wheels Designed for On-Road Speed as well as Offroading
New Shocks with 4mm Shafts
Lower Shock Towers for Less Drag
Larger Radio Box
Shares Battery Tray, Battery Box and adlustable Body Mounts with
the Outcast 6S
Stronger Front Buggy Arms
Stronger Low Cost Front Hubs
Stronger Bulkheads
Stronger Front and Rear Braces
Stiffer Servo Mount
Lots of nice to see changes here. I don't' see this as important an update as the v2 electronics were, but still very nice to see them listening to the fans. I was considering buying the plastics from the Outcast for my V1 Typhon, but now I think I will hold of and get these. Better servo mount is a very welcome change.

I wonder if the "new low profile" shock towers are really new, or just the Typhon towers...

Oh, and the "Wheels Designed for On-Road Speed as well as Offroading" - truggy tires generally balloon bad over about 50mph, I wonder if these are belted?

v1 Typhon and Kraton owner
Jerry
Sep 21, 2017, 12:46 PM
WOW! That thing is sexy
Sep 21, 2017, 09:47 PM
Dam more money out my pocket
Oct 18, 2017, 05:51 PM
Who's taking my money
Oct 18, 2017, 11:15 PM
I have this. It's insane. There is too much power for the tires to handle on pavement though. Steering becomes limited and it fish tales like crazy. I'm guessing it's from ballooning but I try not to be too close to it at full power (I'm an inexperienced driver) so it's hard to see.

Still, great car. Seems to have a great mix of off road capability, speed, and handling. It's pretty tough too. Just ask the concrete parking slabs I tend to keep bashing it in to.
Oct 19, 2017, 12:09 AM
Oh oh get a gyro and some on road tires for it and see how it goes
Oct 19, 2017, 07:32 AM
Born again RC'er
Quote:
Originally Posted by Look out below
I have this. It's insane. There is too much power for the tires to handle on pavement though. Steering becomes limited and it fish tales like crazy. I'm guessing it's from ballooning but I try not to be too close to it at full power (I'm an inexperienced driver) so it's hard to see.

Still, great car. Seems to have a great mix of off road capability, speed, and handling. It's pretty tough too. Just ask the concrete parking slabs I tend to keep bashing it in to.
Are you running 6s? As a new driver, try 3s or 4s for a while, till you can control thing. Plus you will break less crashing at 35mph vs 50.
Oct 26, 2017, 05:04 AM
I'm debating between this and the outcast, might likely end up with both. I've got a Yeti XL that was never finished, and lost my interest.

Something I was wondering, what kind of batteries are you guys using with these for bashing? Are soft packs acceptable, or definitely hard case lipo? I'm seeing videos of these trucks doing ridiculous jumps, and none ever seem to have any battery issues.

Thanks!
Oct 26, 2017, 07:43 AM
Born again RC'er
I think most car guys try to use hard cases, but for 3s and 6s, seems most choices are soft cases. IMHO, as long as your battery is properly secured, soft cases will be fine.

On another note, I am starting to get into racing drones. All they use is soft packs, the packs are totally exposed to high speed crashes, they (the batteries) get ejected and fly 10'-30' nearly every crash, but no one seems to worry about soft cases vs hard cases in the world of drones - soft cases only.
Oct 26, 2017, 08:45 AM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryRigged

On another note, I am starting to get into racing drones. All they use is soft packs, the packs are totally exposed to high speed crashes, they (the batteries) get ejected and fly 10'-30' nearly every crash, but no one seems to worry about soft cases vs hard cases in the world of drones - soft cases only.
That's so true!
Oct 26, 2017, 10:45 AM
Born again RC'er
Vas posted his speed run with the 20t pinion -
RC SPEED WEEK #17 - ARRMA Talion V3 70mph with 20T pinion (6 min 7 sec)
Oct 27, 2017, 08:26 AM
Quote:
I think most car guys try to use hard cases, but for 3s and 6s, seems most choices are soft cases. IMHO, as long as your battery is properly secured, soft cases will be fine.

Thanks Jerry! I've now switched up between wanting the talion and the Kraton. This specific talion with the super low body looks so good!

For batteries I was looking at smc. Hoping to get lipos I can use in both the yeti xl (that I never finished) and whatever arrma(s) I get.
Oct 27, 2017, 11:50 AM
This car looks insane. Now I want one even more after seeing the speed runs
Oct 27, 2017, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Are you running 6s? As a new driver, try 3s or 4s for a while, till you can control thing. Plus you will break less crashing at 35mph vs 50.
Of course I'm running 6s. Isn't that the point?

I'm getting better at it, though I landed the thing upside down on the first jump I took it on. I'm really tempted to get a 16t gear for it but maybe I should wait.....