This thread is privately moderated by TeeSCee, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 21, 2017, 02:27 AM
Thread OP
Mini-Review

iFlight Strider X5 V2 review

Hi everyone.

I bought this frame about 3weeks ago and after a few good crashes the strider has shown it's week points.
Let's start with the positive first:
The bottom portion of the frame is REALLY strong. I think the arms will be nearly impossible to break. They are 5.5mm thick and the carbon is of great quality.
The arms interlock in a clever way making the bottom part as solid as a one piece bottom plate.

The geometry of the frame is just perfect. You can even use 5.5" props if you want and the electronics are fairly easy to fit inside the frame.

Then the parts that need improvement.
The arms are 5.5mm thick and they are sandwiched by 2 2mm plates, this all adds up to a heavy frame. If the arms would be 4 or 4.5mm thick, a few mm narrower and the sandwich plates a bit smaller, the weight of the frame could be lowered to suite the demands of hardcore racers.

Also the camera plates are a bit out dated. The single hole fastening does not hold the camera firmly in place. Most modern FPV cameras have 2 mounting holes and the mounting plates should support this. Other iFlight frames like the iFlight iX5 V2 already have this "feature".

The last on MOST crucial flaw is the top plate. The back of the top plate has a VERY week point and I actually already broke mine, in my first crash...
This can be very easily fixed by leaving a little more carbon fiber around the back bolts.

I do hope that iFlight will release a strider V2.1 with theese things redesigned.

iFlight RC Strider x5 V2 - Best looking quad so far (6 min 40 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply