AnyCubic I3 Mega 3D Printer Review - Page 4 - RC Groups
Oct 24, 2017, 07:09 AM
RCG Admin
Fun! I just got a Raspberry Pi 3 in and I’m about to setup OctoPrint.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2017, 12:01 PM
My quadcopter is not a drone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
Fun! I just got a Raspberry Pi 3 in and Iím about to setup OctoPrint.
You were spotted in the Anycubic Facebook group.

I'm still testing the E3D hot end at the moment. Retraction settings need to be quite different from the ones suggested for the stock head so I'll be printing a retraction torture test soon to see how my initial guess works out.

I've thought about OctoPrint myself, but as I live in a small apartment, it seems a bit overkill for my needs. Taking a microSD card to my kitchen is hardly a long walk!
Oct 24, 2017, 02:11 PM
What a difference a really good hot end makes!

Oct 24, 2017, 02:21 PM
RCG Admin
cool!
Oct 24, 2017, 04:17 PM
who has rabbit ears down
Wowee! That's impressive! "Obeywan has taught you well"!
Oct 25, 2017, 01:04 AM
Thanks!

I was expecting to find a stringy mess when I heard that the print was finished, but a couple of very thin hairs is more than acceptable.

For the stock hot end, Anycubic suggest 5mm retraction at 60mm/s and 60mm/s travel speed.
On that print, I'm using 2mm retraction at 30mm/s and 120mm/s travel speed.
Oct 26, 2017, 02:25 AM
who has rabbit ears down
Holly Smockers! I followed that story! = Masserati @ Indy!
Dec 01, 2017, 06:35 PM
3x2=421 deal with it !

new 2 3d print

I just received mine 2 days ago, ? pla what is a good bed temp and nozzle temp ? Im running at 195/50c

Im loving this printer, very simple to run for newb's , I had a corner lift while printing the 4 wheels for bed adjustment.

Thanks in Advance
Dec 02, 2017, 04:30 AM
I print PLA on the i3 Mega at 200C with a 60C bed.

If you get corners lifting, print with a brim.
Dec 02, 2017, 10:19 PM
3x2=421 deal with it !
Quote:
Originally Posted by unseen
I print PLA on the i3 Mega at 200C with a 60C bed.

If you get corners lifting, print with a brim.
Ive been printing with a brim, I just learned what a brim was. lol Im green. Shes printing pretty nice Im at 210/60 30% fill. I do have a ? please help what is stand? Is it to help hold print part while printing? It lifted once I was at 50c on the bed.

Thanks for you input
Dave
Dec 04, 2017, 12:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatliner
I do have a ? please help what is stand? Is it to help hold print part while printing? It lifted once I was at 50c on the bed.
Dave
Sorry, but I don't understand your question.
Jan 10, 2018, 02:32 AM
If anyone is upgrading to the E3D V6 hot end, one of the parts that you need is a spacer between the top of the hot end and the carriage to correct for the shorter length of the E3D. The one that I found on Thingiverse won't work with the latest version as the plastic clip that is used to hold the Bowden coupling in the locked position fouls the spacer.

So I designed a new one to work around that and I've added the STL file for it here, just in case anyone else needs it.
Mar 15, 2018, 10:50 PM
Excessive Airframe Hours
Hi all, hope this thread hasn't died yet. Just got my Anycubic and am still trying to get it fine tuned. How do you rate the roll of PLA the printer comes with?
Mar 16, 2018, 08:49 AM
RCG Admin
My roll did great. I'm moving next week so all my stuff is packed up and I'm going through printer withdrawal now. I've got some projects I want to get going for the new house as soon as I can get it set back up.
Mar 19, 2018, 12:40 AM
Excessive Airframe Hours
We're trying to print the 3D Labs P38 with no success at all. Either lots of stringing internally and a great thin wall skin or semi reasonable interior but weak skin with lots of holes. Any pointers?

Quick Reply