Photos and Report from a NEAT Rookie - RC Groups
Sep 20, 2017, 02:58 PM
Terry Dunn
Discussion

Photos and Report from a NEAT Rookie

After many years of wanting to come to NEAT, I finally made it happen. Unfortunately, I was only able to attend on Saturday. Given the short timeline, I decided that I would just observe things this year. It was still a jam-packed day. I know there was tons of stuff that I missed. I'll have to get to the rest next year. Overall, it was a super day. I can't wait to get back and stay longer. I wrote about my NEAT experience here:
NEAT Report at Tested.com

There are a few photos in the article. I've posted a few more below. But most of my photos can be found on facebook:
NEAT photo album on facebook
Some of my photo captions on facebook are vague because I didn't know about the model. Let me know if you have good info to add to any of them.

Terry
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2017, 03:04 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Good article Terry and great pics. One detail that you might not have known, the warbird launch has a 3s lipo size restriction and a maximum weight restriction, think it's 24 or 26 ounces, but the PZ T-28 is generally about the biggest bird allowed for safety purposes.
Sep 20, 2017, 05:10 PM
Excellent article Terry on Tested - great read! I hope perhaps it intrigues folks to check out the fun next year who might otherwise not know about our escape in the Catskills. And another thanks for the excellent pic of Rob Caso's Mini Drake - I just bought the 48" version from Zeek and I may have to "borrow" that covering scheme!

Rob
Sep 21, 2017, 10:14 AM
Very nice article Terry .. you really need to spend the night to truely enjoy NEAT. Some say .. thats when the fun really begins

.. PS, tiny point - Peaceful Valley is on the East Branch of the Delaware River, not the main river itself
Sep 21, 2017, 10:54 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedFool
Good article Terry and great pics. One detail that you might not have known, the warbird launch has a 3s lipo size restriction and a maximum weight restriction, think it's 24 or 26 ounces, but the PZ T-28 is generally about the biggest bird allowed for safety purposes.
close, AMA park flyer guidelines. 32oz RTF and no faster than 60mph.

Thanks for the report Terry!
Sep 21, 2017, 05:36 PM
Terry Dunn
Thanks everybody.

I'll add a comment to the article with combat and river details.

Terry
Sep 21, 2017, 10:36 PM
Just Plane Crazy

It's all good!

Terry:

Awesome photos.
Awesome article.

It's all good!

I hope to see you next year at NEAT.

Ta Ta for now.

Paul
Sep 21, 2017, 11:00 PM
Terry Dunn
Quote:
Originally Posted by datazman
I hope to see you next year at NEAT.
You will!
I enjoyed seeing your photos as well. Your albums on RCG from previous years have been my only link to NEAT. Thanks for sharing. BTW - I'm the guy that introduced myself to you on the flightline during the Saturday demos.
Terry