Peak Electronics Sirius Pro Plus charger issue - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 20, 2017, 05:16 AM
Slow builder
Discussion

Peak Electronics Sirius Pro Plus charger issue

I'm hoping someone smarter than me can help.
I have a Sirius Pro Plus charger I use for my PSS models which use Nimh cells. It out performs all other chargers for this by a long way, especially for the heavies which only get flown once a year.

Just recently I went to charge a TX pack (6 cell). After 30 mins or so I noticed the pack got warm & the charger was a lot warmer than usual. I unplugged it & let it all cool.
Now as soon as I plug the charger in I get the TX charge light on even though nothing is connected.

I've checked the leads for shorts but there is no issue. I've also checked for signs of issue on the main board but nothing looks untoward.
Has anyone had a similar issue & does anyone know the cause or solution. I'd prefer not to have to replace it as the shipping from the US makes it a $100+ proposition with no guarantee the new one will work when it arrives.
Thanks.

Al
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2017, 01:13 AM
Slow builder
Given Peak Electronics seems to have gone out of business around 2014 repairs are not an option.
I just purchased another one 2nd hand but haven't given up on this one yet.
My next option is to try to isolate the TX section from power. The Rx charger still works. I just don't want to leave it plugged in while the TX section is feeding power to god knows where.
I'm hoping there is an electrical engineer or someone with better training than me who can help me find the right track to cut.
Anyone?
Thanks.

Al
Nov 09, 2017, 01:27 AM
Slow builder
And the back