Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Rudi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 20, 2017, 02:03 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

Depron MD-11 EDF 55 Size


Hi Guys,

while I am waiting for the DC 10 from heavymetalrc I started a Depron MD-11 build in the size for EDF 55. I used a paper model which you can download for free from the internet. I checked the fitting and it is really good ! I plan to post the progress here from time to time but I have absolut no hurry and no plan when it should be ready In case you have questions feel free to ask.

Best

Rudi
Last edited by Rudi; Dec 22, 2017 at 03:19 AM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2017, 11:43 AM
Registered User
MD_Mogge's Avatar
Hi Rudi! Thanks for posting the papermodel plans!
I have the same MD-11 in my to do list, so I will follow this buildlog very closely
Check out my F-28 build for some good weight saving tips.
Best regards /Mogge
Sep 26, 2017, 04:07 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Thread OP
In the meantime finished the main parts of the fuselage. While I was waiting for the ordered stuff I will make the elevator and rudder section.
Sep 26, 2017, 04:11 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_Mogge
Hi Rudi! Thanks for posting the papermodel plans!
I have the same MD-11 in my to do list, so I will follow this buildlog very closely
Check out my F-28 build for some good weight saving tips.
Best regards /Mogge
Hi Mogge,

you are wellcome . It is a great honor for me. I guess I will need your hints. I plan to realize the wing incidence as the original MD-11 have. There for I have to adapt the paper model.

best

Rudi
Oct 06, 2017, 05:15 AM
Registered User
subscribed!
Oct 06, 2017, 02:51 PM
Airliner Builder
WAGliderGuy's Avatar
Subscribed! This is a good model to compliment your L-1011.
Oct 14, 2017, 11:55 AM
Registered User
Dirty Dee's Avatar
Subbed!
Oct 17, 2017, 07:20 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Thread OP
Thx Guys,

in the meantime I finished the fuse (with front gear retract system) Coming along very nice. I also ordered the markings from Callie (Lufhansa Cargo scale 1:39).
Yesterday I restarted to work after a week of sick leave so progress was slow. Doesn't matter, because I plan to be ready next flying season.
To realize the wing incident in the same way as the orignal MD-11 have is very tricky. Any suggestion or pictures are highly welcome.
I plan to post actual pictures asap.

best

Rudi
Oct 18, 2017, 02:07 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Thread OP
O.K. Guys here are the promised shots. Excuse the quality but in the moment I left my house when it is dark and coming home also when it is dark.

best

Rudi
Oct 19, 2017, 01:38 PM
Registered User
MD_Mogge's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi
Thx Guys,

in the meantime I finished the fuse (with front gear retract system) Coming along very nice. I also ordered the markings from Callie (Lufhansa Cargo scale 1:39).
Yesterday I restarted to work after a week of sick leave so progress was slow. Doesn't matter, because I plan to be ready next flying season.
To realize the wing incident in the same way as the orignal MD-11 have is very tricky. Any suggestion or pictures are highly welcome.
I plan to post actual pictures asap.

best

Rudi
Hi Rudi! Your MD-11 looks great!

About the wing incidence, I have a MD-11 in 1/200 scale to use as reference.
The airfoil seems complicated and the incidence looks like 7,5 degrees.
Best regards! /Mogge
Oct 20, 2017, 01:16 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MD_Mogge
Hi Rudi! Your MD-11 looks great!

About the wing incidence, I have a MD-11 in 1/200 scale to use as reference.
The airfoil seems complicated and the incidence looks like 7,5 degrees.
Best regards! /Mogge
Hi Mogge ,

thank you Sir ! It makes me proud to read such a compliment from such a talented person like you !
Also thank you for the pictures and the suggestion. In the meantime I made the mainspar, the ribs and the Depron underside of the wing. I started with 7 degr. and it is looking very promising. I will use a clark-y with a flat underside. The orig. profil looks so "exotic" and hard to realize for me.

Update picture will follow.

best

Rudi

P.S. It is every time the same. When I starting to think about a project I said to myself:" take the time and do not rush!" but when I saw the first results and I am fine with it I can't stop my self from speeding up
Last edited by Rudi; Oct 20, 2017 at 01:23 AM.
Oct 20, 2017, 02:38 AM
Airliner Builder
WAGliderGuy's Avatar
Your fuselage looks so light! Awesome job.

For the wing incidence, it seems like most airliners have a high incidence at the root that tapers to zero degrees at the engine pylon. That is what I did on my 767 and one of my current projects.
Oct 20, 2017, 03:26 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAGliderGuy
Your fuselage looks so light! Awesome job.

For the wing incidence, it seems like most airliners have a high incidence at the root that tapers to zero degrees at the engine pylon. That is what I did on my 767 and one of my current projects.
Thank you ! You are right, I want to save weight where ever it is possible ! I used to heavy material in my previous builds. Learned a lot from you guys (humans are never to old to learn something new)

I took a look on all your videos and building threats and it is a huge help for me. Thank you for this !

best

Rudi
Oct 23, 2017, 12:58 AM
Registered User
Rudi's Avatar
Thread OP
Started with the wing structure. I added also the retracts in the structure but on one side the incidence is not correct (not equal to the other side) . I have to check if I can correct this issue without building a complete new structure.

best

Rudi
Oct 25, 2017, 08:17 AM
Registered User
Dirty Dee's Avatar
Rudi,
Driving into work this morning I saw an MD-11 taking off in the same livery of yours


Quick Reply
Message:
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Flyfly MD-11 skyhawk Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 37 Feb 15, 2016 05:11 PM
Discussion Edf Md-11 grb Jet Turbines 5 Jan 25, 2008 11:39 PM
Discussion Edf 309 / Md-11 grb Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 3 Dec 15, 2007 12:06 AM
A-10 EDF-55 with 11.1 LiPoly jhamm Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 4 Mar 18, 2004 04:41 PM