SSunnysky Mini 0705 15000KV motor - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jan 08, 2018, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennymack
Hi, everybody. My 0705 finally arrived and I threw them on the bench to do some testing before attempting a build and I've found something odd...

My test setup is an emax femto FC. It doesn't support 1s operation but it powers up via USB for the test just fine. Then the ESC is a RTFQ tiny ant in default configuration (not converted to 2s), running blheli_s J-L-90, 16.7. This ESC doesn't appear to support dshot surprisingly so I've just been trying multishot and oneshot. Bench power supply set to 3.8v.

So, here's the weirdness. When I use the motor test tab in the BF configurator to spin the motor without a prop, the amps go up to about 2.45 at 1600us, then go DOWN from there. WTH?! Like when it finally hits 2000us it's down to about 0.60a. When it is up to 2.45a like that, it's almost burning my fingers (I'm holding the motor down by the wires on a piece of packing foam). The motor itself isn't hot at this point though. I tried turning down the motor timing but it still behaved the same.

So is the just a weirdness of the ESC? Perhaps the firmware can't handle these? Or possibly a problem with the motor design? I do have other 1s escs to try. But let me know if there's anything to try on this setup to eliminate the problem before I tear it down.
Thats the exact same phenomena I've been observing while doing thrust tests on my test rig. 1S battery, 7A Multistar BLHeli_s ESC, SS R0705 motor, no prop - amps goes up to about 1.2A at about half of the throttle and then suddenly drops to 0.6A while throttling up. There is a noticeable sound change at this step.
I have tested 2 motors and both are acting the same.
My guess it is something with the timings of this motor.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 09, 2018, 10:45 PM

The struggle is real.

Guys I've been REALLY struggling to use this 0705 motors to build something that flies great and is tiny. My first try was on a smaller RakonHeli brushless whoop frame and it had plenty of issues that you can read about here. Since then I've rebuilt the quad with the larger 76mm frame hoping to get a better performance.
Here's the setup:
Motors: SunnySky 0705 15000kv
Frame: Rakonheli 1S, 2S Delrin Carbon 76mm Brushless Whoop Kit (for 1103, SunnySky 0705 Motor)
FC & ESC: Tinyfish stack from GetFPV.

The quad is 32g dry and 46g with a 500mah 1S battery.

The results are abysmal. The thing wont even take off.

There are 2 thinks to take note of in this video. 1) The props don't stay on. I've opened a few packs of props and these motor shafts aren't consistent across all 4 motors. 1 consistently can't hold a prop. 2) The front-left motor stops spinning under throttle while the others keep on trucking. Especially if I throttle up quickly. It seems like it doesn't have the strength to get a 40mm prop like this going?

Tiny Whoop try 2 fail. (0 min 8 sec)

Would you guys expect that this motor would be able to spin a 40mm tri-blade prop?
Last edited by coreysnyder04; Jan 09, 2018 at 10:50 PM.
Jan 09, 2018, 10:50 PM
If anyone has any advice on a setup that will fly I'd be pretty grateful. I've spent a lot of time and money trying to make something work and I'm getting pretty frustrated. I'm now over $100 spent on the following frames unfortunately:

Here are the frames I've purchased:
#1 https://www.rakonheli.com/rakonheli-...otor-blue.html
#2 https://www.rakonheli.com/rakonheli-...705-motor.html
#3 https://www.rakonheli.com/rakonheli-...705-motor.html
Last edited by coreysnyder04; Jan 10, 2018 at 09:57 AM.
Jan 22, 2018, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreysnyder04
Guys I've been REALLY struggling to use this 0705 motors to build something that flies great and is tiny. My first try was on a smaller RakonHeli brushless whoop frame and it had plenty of issues that you can read about here. Since then I've rebuilt the quad with the larger 76mm frame hoping to get a better performance.
Here's the setup:
Motors: SunnySky 0705 15000kv
Frame: Rakonheli 1S, 2S Delrin Carbon 76mm Brushless Whoop Kit (for 1103, SunnySky 0705 Motor)
FC & ESC: Tinyfish stack from GetFPV.

The quad is 32g dry and 46g with a 500mah 1S battery.

The results are abysmal. The thing wont even take off.

There are 2 thinks to take note of in this video. 1) The props don't stay on. I've opened a few packs of props and these motor shafts aren't consistent across all 4 motors. 1 consistently can't hold a prop. 2) The front-left motor stops spinning under throttle while the others keep on trucking. Especially if I throttle up quickly. It seems like it doesn't have the strength to get a 40mm prop like this going?

https://youtu.be/GAnSNVG64XI

Would you guys expect that this motor would be able to spin a 40mm tri-blade prop?
Hi,

I'm also struggling to make this motors work... I'm actually using a BoldClash B06-07 Frame wich is very cheap, but the Motor mounts are so small that I damaged them a bit triyng to let them fit the 0705. Today I will go FW but anyway what I found is that you must be really carefull with the lower area of the shaft below the Motor, the metal Clip holding the the shaft and even the bearing. It sounds a stupid thing to say and probably you already took care of it but i didn't at the beginning.... They all rotate togheter and they are deeper than the flat surface to screw the Motor down; so if the middle hole of your frame is not 100% centered or if it is slightly too small, one of the 3 parts (mainly the clip or the bearing) could slide onto the Frame causing the Motor not to work. Try to spin the Motor without Frame. I did it (clearly no props on) and it is enogh to have just a little contact, even not enoght ot feel some resistence rotating the motor by hand, and the Motor does not work properly.
Let me know if you had the same isssue and good luck!!
Jan 22, 2018, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drillo75
Hi,

I'm also struggling to make this motors work... I'm actually using a BoldClash B06-07 Frame wich is very cheap, but the Motor mounts are so small that I damaged them a bit triyng to let them fit the 0705. Today I will go FW but anyway what I found is that you must be really carefull with the lower area of the shaft below the Motor, the metal Clip holding the the shaft and even the bearing. It sounds a stupid thing to say and probably you already took care of it but i didn't at the beginning.... They all rotate togheter and they are deeper than the flat surface to screw the Motor down; so if the middle hole of your frame is not 100% centered or if it is slightly too small, one of the 3 parts (mainly the clip or the bearing) could slide onto the Frame causing the Motor not to work. Try to spin the Motor without Frame. I did it (clearly no props on) and it is enogh to have just a little contact, even not enoght ot feel some resistence rotating the motor by hand, and the Motor does not work properly.
Let me know if you had the same isssue and good luck!!
Just came across your post and happen to watch this video:
Roberts rakon 66 and scx (5 min 14 sec)

Start at the 3:33 mark, he explains the motors not working issue... something to do with new motors having too much oil and given the small size of the motor, sometimes they don't spin, so will need to manually prime them.
Jan 23, 2018, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluc83
Start at the 3:33 mark, he explains the motors not working issue... something to do with new motors having too much oil and given the small size of the motor, sometimes they don't spin, so will need to manually prime them.

Really intersting, many thanks! Il'try it but I think this si not my case just because I had the problem only with he motors mounted on the Frame and additionally with soft mounts which could slide more easy on the shaft or clip after it has been compressed from the screws.

Triyng to spin the motors not mounted on the Frame I had no issue at all.

Anyway I will give a closer look to the case.

Thanks mate!
Jan 28, 2018, 07:46 AM
Has anyone had these long enough (without bending a shaft or losing the clip) to wear out the (non-ball) bearings?
Mar 13, 2018, 05:52 AM
I just received my Aurora A100 build with these motors. two of them are really noisy on maiden.
Waiting for gnb 550mah lipos because my 45C 300mah nanotech are very hot after 1:20 min hover flight. On manual spin, i can hear something like bad bearing, too bad ..

Is it possible to buy/change these bearing ?

Quick Reply