NEAT sunday 9-17-19 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 19, 2017, 07:00 PM
Head NEAT geek
Discussion

NEAT sunday 9-17-19

After the festivities were over, late in the day, Arnie and Freddy decided to fetch Alan W's Polaris out of the tree that attacked on Saturday night.

Once we got it back, I bound it to my old DX7 and sent it up for a flight.

Tom
rescue of alans polaris (2 min 53 sec)

post resuce flight of alans polaris (1 min 56 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2017, 11:00 PM
ITS ALIVE!!!

Very cool - and very nice for Arnie to do that. I'm always amazed to see the hardware that he has but I guess to maintain such a place as PV you need to be suitably set up for the job.

Rob
Sep 19, 2017, 11:31 PM

conspiracy

Well...I think its a conspiracy. since the drone never gets really close to the " equipment" all we ever see is a damn skinny Ent carrying around Merry and Pippin over in Fangorn forrest.... Still really glad to see the rescue of said plane
Sep 20, 2017, 12:15 AM
While it was hanging there glowing all nite long, people kept asking what kind of battery it was to last that long .. My answer ?

.. A TREE CELL Battery, of course

Thanks gang for an awesome effort. That plane has now flown at 5 NEAT Fair's logging at least 100 flights .. one night last year I flew 24 flights alone with the last one being around 3:30a. I bought it prebuilt at NEAT from Dan@Lazertoys .. he lit it up for me and it was the first plane I ever maidened at night (of course before NEAT officially started..).

There's some kind of psychokinetic energy @ Peaceful Valley that makes it more and more difficult to fly as the night carry's on (not quite sure what it is .. I think it has something to do with CH3CH2OH or C2H6O), so it has been repaired more times than it has a right to fly .. but it always comes alive again the next day with the help of glue, tape, carbon, popsicle sticks, and help from friends

I'm so ecstatic my Polaris XL will live to see another NEAT
Last edited by Alan W; Sep 20, 2017 at 09:42 AM.
Sep 20, 2017, 06:04 AM
RC Junkie!
I was there with you the night you bought that bird and I was standing right next to you for the maiden. I was also there with you the FIRST time you flew it into the woods at NEAT!! LOL Seems everytime I fly at night during NEAT, it's either right along side my plane or somewhere in the sky with it. It seems only fitting she comes back, it's the staple of night flying at NEAT! Freddy and I tried gettin it down Sunday by throwin rocks at it. Obviously it didn't work!! Maybe you should switch to Footuba radio gear so these things quit happening to you!
Sep 20, 2017, 08:16 AM

Evolution at work

In all honesty now that we have basic autopilot maybe the next in flight electric doodad will be collision avoidance radar,......

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slayer
I was there with you the night you bought that bird and I was standing right next to you for the maiden. I was also there with you the FIRST time you flew it into the woods at NEAT!! LOL Seems everytime I fly at night during NEAT, it's either right along side my plane or somewhere in the sky with it. It seems only fitting she comes back, it's the staple of night flying at NEAT! Freddy and I tried gettin it down Sunday by throwin rocks at it. Obviously it didn't work!! Maybe you should switch to Footuba radio gear so these things quit happening to you!
Sep 20, 2017, 08:23 AM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoffa
In all honesty now that we have basic autopilot maybe the next in flight electric doodad will be collision avoidance radar,......
Just need to program in an electric fence mode that keeps it out of the trees and away from the flight line
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Sep 20, 2017, 12:24 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
I've got a lit up Polaris Ultra that needs a new aileron servo, or maybe I'll light up the meanbaby Polaris for next year, fly it with you.
Sep 22, 2017, 10:13 AM
Head NEAT geek
My Last video from my Nova quad on the last day of NEAT week. Everything put away, time to play!

Enjoy, Tom

NEAT 2017 late sunday 9 17 17 (5 min 12 sec)
Sep 22, 2017, 10:43 AM
LOLz @ 3:58 - " Ohh S#!T Power Line !!! Evasive Maneuvers Mr. Sulu !! "
Sep 22, 2017, 12:06 PM
Head NEAT geek
ya, I kinda forgot they were there!