Camera System for Land Based Use - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 19, 2017, 04:45 PM
Question

Camera System for Land Based Use

Hello,

First let me start by saying I am not new to RC. I have flown fixed wing and helis for 20+ years but have been away from it for the last 10 years so the electronics have advanced quite a bit since then.

As part of my job I do property inspection. My partner has a commercial drone we use for exterior and roof inspections but we want to add the ability to do underfloor. I've done my share of crawling.

I'm going to build a proof of concept prototype on a RC rock crawler chassis. Where I need some help is navigating the camera system and integrating that into the car system. There is so much stuff out there not I'm not sure what to look for and what specifically I need to make it work with a car platform vs a drone platform.

I have read that the lower mH frequencies might be better for land based but I have not found a definitive discussion on this.

My list of needs/wants:
High quality video with DVR and image capture.
Tilt & pan (not sure if zoom is available in the size I'm looking at).
Control camera from transmitter
10" monitor (have not run across this size)

I have access to a FrSky Taranis X9D Plus transmitter to use for this project.

Any help and/or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Jay
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2017, 04:32 PM
Multirotors are models too!
Ability to control the intensity of the lighting you will have on the crawler to illuminate the dark spaces.
Oct 02, 2017, 04:38 AM
fast
few weeks ago I built RC car w/headtracker and UHF RC and video repeaters, with only 3" clearance it can get under cars and tight places

DIY FPV car wireless headtracker (1 min 31 sec)

DIY FPV car w/GPS and autopilot (4 min 11 sec)