LED lights for FPV 210mm racing quad - RC Groups
Sep 19, 2017, 11:29 AM
Discussion

LED lights for FPV 210mm racing quad

I must apologize if this question has already been posted in an earlier thread, but I have been searching the web for (updated) solid info on this matter without any luck.

I have a 210mm racing quad with an IR-filtered lens. I want to be able to easily connect and disconnect LED-lights, hopefully through the balance connector of the battery, which will enable flying in low light conditions.

Does anyone have any particular products (hopefully cheap from Banggood, eBay or similar) which can fit my needs? That is, LED-lights which are lightweight and bright enough to make flying FPV at night at moderate speeds possible. I can solder and assemble myself if that makes things cheaper/more available.
Last edited by Lolzen; Sep 19, 2017 at 12:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2017, 05:54 AM
Noone interested in this subject? I have found this, could it work? I'm planning to make a balance plug contact on it, so that I can connect it directly to my 4S battery (but only using three of the cells). It has high power and small footprint, so I would guess that the weight is low compared to using many smaller LEDs.
Sep 26, 2017, 04:08 PM
Quad Erat Demonstrandum
For night flying you want 12v Led's , the easiest way to go about this is to buy one of the LED strips such as these ( or similar )
https://www.banggood.com/45CM-1210-4...l?rmmds=search

and then solder the batt lead to a balance lead connector

or these

https://www.banggood.com/LED-3-SMD-5...l?rmmds=search