The Bruce 2017 F3K Photo Re-Cap - RC Groups

The Bruce 2017 F3K Photo Re-Cap

Another "The Bruce" event is in the books and this one showcased all the great things about the DLG community and how fun F3K can be. For starters, you couldn't pick a better group of guys to spend a weekend in a field with. There's laughing, competitiveness, smack talk, drinking, eating and oh yeah an F3K contest going on too.

Splash

The Bruce 2017

Another "The Bruce" event is in the books and this one showcased all the great things about the DLG community and how fun F3K can be. For starters, you couldn't pick a better group of guys to spend a weekend in a field with. There's laughing, competitiveness, smack talk, drinking, eating and oh yeah an F3K contest going on too. It was awesome to meet Nick and Thomas in person as well as see all my old flying buddies. The people are what make the sport so great so if you want to get the most out of flying these contests, make it a point to spend some time with the guys between rounds and after hours.

The weather literally could not have been better, ok maybe 10 degrees cooler would have been nice, but the flying conditions were pretty epic. There were so many "give me" rounds that jacked up the scores with 1000's being doled out like candy. It made the top spots so close that I ended in 12th place only 104 points behind 1st. It wasn't perfect all the time and we still had a few planes end up in the trees. The tight race for the top 10 spots made it so much fun and competitive as onlookers prayed and hoped for a few dropped seconds to make all the difference. Austin and myself were sitting in the top 10 after round 10 and we both came in just short a bit on the first flight of all up on round 11 and then maxed the next two flights. That first flight was enough to put us both out of the top 10, crazy!

Bruce and Christine are always gracious hosts, but after I let Christine ride my mini Segway and she said she wanted one, Bruce told me I wasn't invited back : ) The barn was an awesome place to hang and it was cool having the Saturday dinner there. There's a pool table, you can throw knives and hatchets or just sit around and chat it up, there's always plenty to do until you start falling asleep. The food was incredible too! Bruce really knows how to put together a first class event and we can't thank him and Christine enough for letting us come hang out and fly in their backyard every year. I can't wait to do it again in 2018!!

Here's some photos from the main The Bruce 2017 thread, thanks to Bruce, Thomas, Nick, Mike, Mickey, Doug and Wayne for all the great photos.

Sep 19, 2017, 12:14 PM
Sweet pics! I have a whole bunch as well, will get them uploaded once I arrive in Tokyo and get some nice warm Sake
Latest blog entry: Vibe Assembly Instructions
Sep 19, 2017, 01:28 PM
Great article.
And thank very very much for clearing 2 spots in the fly-offs for me and Tom, we appreciate it a lot!

Eitan.
Sep 19, 2017, 02:04 PM
RCG Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by eitanro
Great article.
And thank very very much for clearing 2 spots in the fly-offs for me and Tom, we appreciate it a lot!

Eitan.
Lol! Your welcome!
Sep 25, 2017, 03:26 PM
Older I get, the better I was.
Looks like a lot of fun. Any videos coming later?
Sep 25, 2017, 05:22 PM
RCG Admin
Nick and Thomas were doing most of the video stuff.