Oxy 0.5 Left turn. - RC Groups
Sep 19, 2017, 05:29 AM
Discussion

Oxy 0.5 Left turn.

I fly my Oxy 0.5 outside at and ballasted to 428gm. It's a wonderful flying experience, bumble around or wring it out like a washcloth. But, it turns left. It doesn't have a left turn on every flight. I can launch, left turn, land, launch, no left turn. Sometimes after letting the model naturally turn, the turn will widen and the model fly straight! Not every time though! What I have done/checked

It isn't torque, when the turn is there, it turns motor on or off.
The suspension line lengths are correct and there are no twists.
The leading edge is correctly shaped before flight, none of the stiffeners are broke and it is inflated after launch.
I've adjusted brake lines.
Moved the battery forwards and backwards, resulting in some interesting flights!

Its not a game changer, its just irritating because it comes and goes. Any ideas?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2017, 06:35 PM
@ramblejeff
It can be that one of the servo does not function properly. This please test with the same weight. Please check that there is no wobble contact.
Your descriptions are very strange in particular as regards the description as washcloth. , I have already heard and seen a lot but what you describe I hear for the first time.
Unfortunately, I can not send you a PM because not released. The Oxy 0.5 is in its size class probably the world's best paragliders. You can send the set for over review and test to your reseller or you send me first a video with PM.

Frank
Sep 20, 2017, 04:04 AM
Sorry "wring it out like a wash cloth" , English saying it means that it does aerobatics. nothing to do with the problem.

I thought of the servos and swapped them over. There was no difference. This morning during the first flight the left turn was there. Landed, checked lines for twists, canopy all OK. Where the lines from the canopy join the brake line to the servo, the lines were loose in the loop. I pulled them tight. Next flights hands off straight flight.

I'll have another look at the servos and test them under load.
Sep 29, 2017, 12:45 PM

Fixed

Found the problem. On the left wing panel two of the suspension line links were loose. Checking and tightening all of the links solved the problem. (The pictures aren't the actual links ).

My Oxy 0.5 has now completed 28 hours of flying in just over a 100 flights .

I love flying it. Its both relaxing and challenging at the same time!

Jeff
Last edited by ramblejeff; Sep 29, 2017 at 03:18 PM.
Sep 29, 2017, 12:46 PM
RCG Admin
Great find!