Sep 26, 2017, 09:01 PM
Cool beans!
OMG...although I wish there was video of his reaction.

Rob
to remove ads between posts
Sep 26, 2017, 09:36 PM
When pigs fly rc
I heard about this happening and now we get too see it.
WOW!
Sep 27, 2017, 07:46 AM
MK
MK
Did you really drew on the dude's face (sorry, don't know the guy) while he was sleeping and he didn't wake up????!!!! Man, he's a deep sleeper! I can see this as being a classic going forward!
Sep 27, 2017, 09:32 AM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK
while he was sleeping
sleeping? ha, that's a good one!
Sep 27, 2017, 01:03 PM
RC Junkie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom hunt
sleeping? Ha, that's a good one!:d
lol!!!
Last edited by The Slayer; Sep 27, 2017 at 01:09 PM.
Sep 27, 2017, 03:02 PM
MK
MK
OK, let me correct that then. "Sleeping" Better now?
Oct 12, 2017, 05:25 PM
Just Plane Crazy
Thread OP

NEAT 2018 here I come!

Hello all:

NEAT 2018 I will be READY!
No more sleeping in my van.
No more don't have room for my large planes!

I just took possession of a 2018 6 X 12 enclosed cargo trailer.
My crystal ball is telling me I will be attending a few events in 2018!

Ta Ta for now.

See you soon!

Paul
Oct 12, 2017, 05:56 PM
Cool beans!
Nice - let the customization begin! Nothing like a clean palette

Rob
Oct 12, 2017, 06:09 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob

Rob
Really. Consider putting E Track in the walls and floor before you go too far. Gives you tons of tie down flexibility. The stuff carried by harbor freight is actually good quality

https://www.harborfreight.com/catalo...%2Cf&q=e+track
Oct 12, 2017, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
Were there any F5B gliders at NEAT this year? Haven't seen any in the pics
More like couple or 3 damn good HotLiners .. and at least one X-plane. Certainly nothing ~5kw with slender wings and long gams. Now that my eyes have adjusted to flying with glasses on I can think about pulling my last 2 out of the rafters. I put them away about 7-8 years ago when I almost lost a couple due to my eyesight worsening and me being stubborn about getting specs.
Last edited by Alan W; Oct 12, 2017 at 08:01 PM.
Oct 12, 2017, 07:57 PM
Oh, and for the record .. the Dude with the Picasso on his face ? The artwork was courtesy of his son after he didn't pass out but went to sleep. Ya, right Thats his story anyways and he's sticking to it.

Paul - the new rig looks great !! hope you took lots of pics of Frank and Kevin's setups - they did it right. I hope to get one soon as well.
Oct 12, 2017, 08:37 PM
Just Plane Crazy
Thread OP

A work in progress

Posted by stangrob:

Quote:

Rob
Posted by coreman:

Quote:
Really. Consider putting E Track in the walls and floor before you go too far. Gives you tons of tie down flexibility. The stuff carried by harbor freight is actually good quality

https://www.harborfreight.com/catalo...%2Cf&q=e+track
Posted by Alan W:

Quote:
Paul - the new rig looks great !! hope you took lots of pics of Frank and Kevin's setups - they did it right. I hope to get one soon as well.
Thank you all.

I am definitely open to ideas and input. The goal is to be able to tear enough of it down to set up a portable bed after the planes are out and setup up for flight. For now I am going to modify the rack in my garage to fit the trailer for the winter. (need to paint the upper eves first as you can see from the first pic, they are ready for pressure washing than paint.)

Getting the trailer all started with having to get up at 3:00 AM to empty my bladder and got a wet foot as I missed the shoe I tossed on the ground that was supposed to keep me from getting wet feet. Sleeping in the van is not getting up in the night friendly. Than on Sunday it hit as it does every year, I was at the biggest event I attend every year an never touched a pair of sticks. Especially hurtful now that my odd color blindness has been figured out and compensated in my eye glasses. As a matter of fact I talked to a few people this year that didn't know I even flew RC.
Bottom line is I will finally be able to haul my large scale planes around and have a night friendly place to sleep.

If you have any additional input or know anyone else that can help me with design please contact me. It will not be till the snow melts that I will be permanently equipping the trailer.
Oct 13, 2017, 05:13 AM
Hi Paul. Looks great. Can you PM me the details on where, how, much, etc.? We pickup a 2018 Four Winds 31W rv tomorrow and I will want a trailer for the flightline. Yours looks perfect. Torsion axle?

Pete
Last edited by Petefoss; Oct 13, 2017 at 06:21 AM.
Oct 13, 2017, 07:42 AM
AMA 1242

trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Hi Paul. Looks great. Can you PM me the details on where, how, much, etc.? We pickup a 2018 Four Winds 31W rv tomorrow and I will want a trailer for the flightline. Yours looks perfect. Torsion axle?

Pete
Pete look at ROUTE 27 in MICH. GOOD LUCK HAROLD
Oct 18, 2017, 10:49 AM
"it's electric !" Boogy woogy
Quote:
Originally Posted by datazman
Hello all:

NEAT 2018 I will be READY!
No more sleeping in my van.
No more don't have room for my large planes!

I just took possession of a 2018 6 X 12 enclosed cargo trailer.
My crystal ball is telling me I will be attending a few events in 2018!

Ta Ta for now.

See you soon!

Paul
Take it back and get one with an RV style side door. If your friends are ANYTHING like mine, you'll be locked in that thing from the outside and wake up trying to scratch your way out

Quick Reply