Dragonfly Diversity Receiver - RC Groups

Dragonfly Diversity Receiver

This novel-looking diversity receiver has a number of options included and is available from FPV Model.

The Dragonfly Diversity Receiver

Includes DVR and Video Monitor

Looking for a fresh new take on diversity receivers? The Dragonfly Diversity Receiver, available at FPV Model, is a unique looking receiver with a built-in DVR and 1.5" monitor. It also features an aluminum CNC-milled case, 48 channels with Raceband, a tripod mount, and an internal LED lighting system that corresponds with the receiver's channel. The Dragonfly also comes with a pair of internal fans to help keep temperatures down, even in the hot summer sun. The Dragonfly Diversity Receiver sells for $169.99.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Dragonfly Diversity Receiver.

Features:

• Aluminum CNC Machined Shell.
  • Built-in micro fans, able to work under hot weather.
  • Supports 6 bands 48 channels with raceband.
  • 7-26v wide input, can be powered by USB as well.
  • DVR files protection. Automatically save the footage even suddenly power off.
  • Dual video outputs, easy connect to various devices.
  • Built-in 1.54" monitor for instant display.
  • Channel setting with different LED colors and the modes are selectable.
  • Channel searching comes with memory function, no need to search every time.
  • The receiver sensitivity is -95dbm, higher than that of other receiver.
  • Firmware upgradeable.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Sep 18, 2017 at 07:53 AM..
Sep 18, 2017, 12:12 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
....interesting.
I wonder if same technology as iftron?!?!

hmmmmmm
Sep 18, 2017, 02:05 PM
King Of Slope Combat
I can't imagine this being a very popular or useful product for anyone besides Keebler Elves.
Sep 18, 2017, 02:27 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Does RC
I can't imagine this being a very popular or useful product for anyone besides Keebler Elves.
If I can pickup what you're hinting at, I'd say the tiny monitor is secondary to the pair of AV outputs it has.
Sep 18, 2017, 02:46 PM
King Of Slope Combat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
If I can pickup what you're hinting at, I'd say the tiny monitor is secondary to the pair of AV outputs it has.
So is this product aimed more at FPV races and freestyle competitions where these receivers will be used to provide video to much larger external monitors?
Sep 18, 2017, 02:57 PM
RCGroups Editor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Does RC
So is this product aimed more at FPV races and freestyle competitions where these receivers will be used to provide video to much larger external monitors?
Not necessarily but that's one option I guess. This is just like any other diversity receiver with dual AV outputs (ImmersionRC Duo being an example), but this one has a small monitor as an added bonus. People usually use this setup with a pair of goggles; the diversity receiver is mounted on a tripod away from your body and 2.4ghz transmitter. The benefits in theory are better signal quality.
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Sep 18, 2017 at 06:55 PM.
Sep 18, 2017, 04:52 PM
Professional UAV Services
So at $169.99 who are they marketing this at???

Think this is a long way off having any value to anyone at that price, especially considering the fact they decided to make it a very unfriendly shape, it would want to blow away all other vRX's......
Sep 19, 2017, 09:04 PM
I don't understand what the tiny monitor is for.
Sep 19, 2017, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark426
I don't understand what the tiny monitor is for.
If all your viewing goggles', external monitors crap out...etc....
you now have that small lcd monitor
as backup....its designed for rice-burner miniQuads
so they dont go far enough.
Probably more useful for fixed-wings that go further. DVR to play back if crashed to find out crashed site.

Or they put monitor there to justify that price:-/

P.S
not a true diversity like iftron. Uses 2 omni for some
scientifical reason that everyone uses at Rice_Burner mini quad events
Last edited by rclab1; Sep 19, 2017 at 09:49 PM.
Sep 19, 2017, 11:58 PM
Professional UAV Services
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
P.S
not a true diversity like iftron. Uses 2 omni for some
scientifical reason that everyone uses at Rice_Burner mini quad events
That's because most of the top pilots have no idea about the gear they are using which compounds the problem as people who have no idea at all just copy them. Prime example of this are the members of Roto Riot, they put out rubbish all the time with their name on it because they are a bunch of pilots with no technical experience or know-how with a platform to sell you this rubbish.

It's like the numpty's saying directional antennas don't work with the connect (HD) RX's because they are using mimo......just no idea.
Sep 20, 2017, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemptioner
That's because most of the top pilots have no idea about the gear they are using which compounds the problem as people who have no idea at all just copy them. Prime example of this are the members of Roto Riot, they put out rubbish all the time with their name on it because they are a bunch of pilots with no technical experience or know-how with a platform to sell you this rubbish.

It's like the numpty's saying directional antennas don't work with the connect (HD) RX's because they are using mimo......just no idea.

Ive been saying that for 1 year now....lol
People actually are catching on...all those reviewers
get those half butt products for free.....
Hehehehehehe

Best thing to do is test it yourself, if you dont like
the product....sell it and buy the next best thing.