Tarot 450 Pro v2 DFC - Components - RC Groups
Sep 18, 2017, 04:59 AM
Discussion

Tarot 450 Pro v2 DFC - Components

Planning to start the Tarot build very shortly and would appreciate any advice/comment/compatibility issues concerning my proposed component list so far, based on DX6e radio.

Radio : Spektrum DX6e Tx & AR610 Rx

Motor : RotorStar Brushless Outrunner - 2839-3600kv

ESC : Hobbywing Platinum 60A V4(or 50A v3?) Brushless ESC w/7A BEC (no doubts about the cheaper & ever reliable YEP 40A - I just like the HW higher spec & build)

Gyro : KBar V2 5.3.4. or TGZ380

Servos : Undecided - was going to go Spektrum but am having second thoughts based on some negative comments I have read. Thinking TGY or KST?

Many thanks in advance.
Last edited by Cyclone 7; Sep 18, 2017 at 11:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2017, 12:05 AM
Kbar just needs satellites, not a full receiver.

A 450 normally take a 22mm motor, not a 28; I think that motor won't fit

Also, as long as you're getting that big ESC, why not take advantage and get a motor suited for 6S?
Sep 19, 2017, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler
Kbar just needs satellites, not a full receiver.

A 450 normally take a 22mm motor, not a 28; I think that motor won't fit

Also, as long as you're getting that big ESC, why not take advantage and get a motor suited for 6S?
Thanks for that Nybbler. Have to admit that I am not really au fait with the whole satellite number - will have to sit down and do some serious reading on that one. Thanks for pointing out the motor sizing issue - had overlooked that small detail
Last edited by Cyclone 7; Sep 19, 2017 at 03:49 AM.
Sep 19, 2017, 06:26 AM
Thanks Warlike - have yours & Dana's bookmarked but hadn't picked up on the other two yet - great resources & good guides to refer to. Fairly new to FBL having cut my teeth very successfully on the V950 for only a little under a year - and which has spurred me on to 450 size and custom components. Spent most of my hobby life with fixed wing scale, so RC heli technology is still fairly unfamiliar territory
Sep 19, 2017, 07:54 AM
This was my build

Radio : devo 10, and 1 lemon rx diversity sat.

Motor : sk3 3600kv , looks like its not sold anymore on HK ???? ( needs motor pinion and screws)

ESC : Hobbywing Platinum 60A V4 . doesnt fit under the battery tray i mounted it on the side, i have installed the metal tray and i think it will fit in the frame now. Id say go with the 60a if u can afford it, newer version always the best right? and u can upgrade ur heli or swap it to a slightly bigger heli later when u do, since the weight and dimensions is pretty much the same on them. The built in GOV works like a treat, and i bought the wifi module so i can set it up, but the control box works also.

Gyro : KBar V2 5.3.4.

Servos : 4x KST 215mg, tail servo needs a spacer bracket, cheap on ebay.

Battery. i did go 3s route since i got the batteries cheap. 2200mah
Sep 19, 2017, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrillew
This was my build

Radio : devo 10, and 1 lemon rx diversity sat.

Motor : sk3 3600kv , looks like its not sold anymore on HK ???? ( needs motor pinion and screws)

ESC : Hobbywing Platinum 60A V4 . doesnt fit under the battery tray i mounted it on the side, i have installed the metal tray and i think it will fit in the frame now. Id say go with the 60a if u can afford it, newer version always the best right? and u can upgrade ur heli or swap it to a slightly bigger heli later when u do, since the weight and dimensions is pretty much the same on them. The built in GOV works like a treat, and i bought the wifi module so i can set it up, but the control box works also.

Gyro : KBar V2 5.3.4.

Servos : 4x KST 215mg, tail servo needs a spacer bracket, cheap on ebay.

Battery. i did go 3s route since i got the batteries cheap. 2200mah
Hi Chrillew,

Thanks - the metal battery tray + the single mainshaft unit + tail mount are already on order Settled on the HW 60 A for the same reasons you suggest. Was wanting to stay with 3s 2200mAh(Nanotech). Thanks for the servo info - 215mg is OK on the tail, then?
Sep 19, 2017, 09:31 AM
i got thoose upgrades also fitted yes ive not noticed any problems with that servo on the tail at all, this is the plate you will need TL2607
Sep 21, 2017, 05:02 AM

Yes you are right Chrillew - I am looking at this presently https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...size-heli.html

What do you think? Baring in mind that I am more into scale like flying than 3D.
Sep 21, 2017, 07:37 AM
Okay, The motor you linked is made for 4s power, probably works with 3s with some tuning in the esc so it doesnt run hot.

i guess this cheap motor will suit your needs also https://www.banggood.com/GARTT-3700K...l?rmmds=search

or this one https://hobbyking.com/en_us/rotorsta...size-heli.html it has the same dimensions.

then just choose the pinion according to the headspeed you want but im guessing you want fairly low headspeed ?

you got this motor to with lower kv https://www.banggood.com/Tarot-450MX...-p-927476.html
Sep 21, 2017, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrillew
Okay, The motor you linked is made for 4s power, probably works with 3s with some tuning in the esc so it doesnt run hot.

i guess this cheap motor will suit your needs also https://www.banggood.com/GARTT-3700K...l?rmmds=search

or this one https://hobbyking.com/en_us/rotorsta...size-heli.html it has the same dimensions.

then just choose the pinion according to the headspeed you want but im guessing you want fairly low headspeed ?

you got this motor to with lower kv https://www.banggood.com/Tarot-450MX...-p-927476.html
Have been thinking about the Tarot 450MX3500 - all I am really after is a stable and trusted set of components all round, that would suite a boring scale flying pattern!

Slow and scale like, is really what I am after.
Last edited by Cyclone 7; Sep 21, 2017 at 04:44 PM.
Sep 21, 2017, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone 7
Have been thinking about the Tarot 450MX3500 - all I am really after is a stable and trusted set of components all round, that would suite a boring scale flying pattern!

Slow and scale like, is really what I am after.
i think whatever motor you choose will be fine, you can make it tamer with throttle curves and pinions. could start with a 12t pinion and see how thats like. HK sells 11t also for 3.5mm shaft, then you should have pretty low headspeed im not in the area of slow scale flying so i might not be the right person to give you a better answer im afraid

i think this vid is a tarot 450mx and 12t.
Тарот (3 min 17 sec)
Sep 22, 2017, 05:43 AM
Thanks mate, I think I might do the 'boring thing' and get the Tarot MX - if the quality is the same as the kit then I am not worried(the motors are probably all made in the same backyard anyway)
Sep 22, 2017, 06:46 AM
Jungle man flyer
You can take a look at my alzrc 450 build; cheapo but trusty electronics; 70+ flights so far on my alzrc and not a single failure/crash/incident.
I even sold the tarot.
I do not fly 3D; only sports flight; mostly figure 8 patern.
Sep 23, 2017, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlikeofchaos
You can take a look at my alzrc 450 build; cheapo but trusty electronics; 70+ flights so far on my alzrc and not a single failure/crash/incident.
I even sold the tarot.
I do not fly 3D; only sports flight; mostly figure 8 patern.
Thanks Warlike - off to investigate! I am committed to the Tarot build and want to get it spot on. I have ideas for it later being in a scale body.