Feb 18, 2018, 04:38 PM
Balsa breaks better
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliderguide
Little bit of carving out. Will do some 1mm ply plates to infill and mount then glass/ cf the base of the fin.
Looks like two rudder servos . . . which one is going to be the elevator servo?

Joe

edit . . .

Never mind, I figured it out. This is not old school, it is the new fangled stuff with the elevator mount forward so the servos will face the same way. . . ;>)

Joe

Who is slow to catch on some times!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2018, 05:09 PM
Thread OP
Yeah. Weíve all had that moment Joe!!!

Iíll test fly with the lighter tails, and once I know it works, Iíll build a bagged elevator and fin. These came with the fuse and are pretty lite weight. Not suitable long term Iíd say. Will look at size too. The extra tail moment should assist but I may need to go biggger at the rear. I have two fuses, each time I look at the lite tail group, I keep thinking ĎSuper Ava Pro 5mí.... gotta stay focused!!
Feb 22, 2018, 03:33 PM
Thread OP
Email from the guy cutting my cores, really close now!! Recovering from knee surgery, getting so much rc stuff finished!!
Feb 23, 2018, 09:39 PM
Thread OP
Why did I buy a fuse? The guy who cut my cores sent me these pics....

Pick up early next week. Excellent work and exciting progress!!
Last edited by gliderguide; Feb 23, 2018 at 09:44 PM.
Feb 25, 2018, 12:55 AM
Thread OP
Bad weather and domestic duties limited building today. Still, little bit done. Servo bays ready. Cut slots, do horns, drill holes to boom for wires then cover.
Mar 01, 2018, 09:13 AM
Thread OP
Took a break from the XC Supra to finish my Bubble Dancer this week. 126Ē, 40 oz including motor & 3s 1000 lipo. Just gotta build the Allegro Lite kit Iíve got stashed and Iíll have a full set of Drela inspired planes.
Once my knee heals, maiden...
Mar 01, 2018, 04:50 PM
If it flies - I want one!
Nice! Should be a real floater, with a bit of 'go' as well.
Mar 01, 2018, 05:17 PM
Thread OP
Cheers Pete. Thereís just so many planes I NEED!!!
Sep 23, 2021, 08:35 AM
Nice Bubble Dancer.
Sep 23, 2021, 06:39 PM
Thread OP
Cheers

She flew well but got re homed to the other side of the country where she lives on. I did do something different to the BD wing covering from that pic. Iím gathering bits for another bd now. I think this will be BD5? Or 6. I dunno.

The XC project was completed and flown. Couple decent length flights and a few improvements on the next one. Lockdown killing XC for me currently.

Quick Reply