does Tri-flight support D-shot - RC Groups
Sep 17, 2017, 05:23 PM
Discussion

does Tri-flight support D-shot

just replaced an old kk2 with an RCE-F3FC and Aikon 30a esc's . copter flies better then ever. however it will not run D-shot and from what info I can gather it seems Tri-flight does not support this yet. is this true or do I need to do some more research.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2017, 07:36 AM
here's the answer to my question , may help someone else

RCExplorer - David (admin@rcexplorer.se) wrote:
Unfortunately the F3FC was designed before D-shot came around. D-shot requires hardware DMA ports, which the F3FC uses for other things. The 48pin F3 chip only has a few DMA enabled pins unfortunately. You may be able to, by heavily modifying the board to get it to work. But I have not tried it.
So you're stuck with Multishot and oneshot.
If it's speed you're after Multishot is slightly faster than D-shot600.
D-shot has other advantages though being a digital packet.

/David